Tata Consultancy Services

3.3 7,248 reviews

Tata Consultancy Services CEO & Managing Director Natarajan Chandrasekaran

Natarajan Chandrasekaran

(3,448 ratings)

Pros
  • Great work life balance but to one needs patience to move ahead with carrer in TCS(in 784 reviews)

• Good work culture, not too much stress in work, no working hours pressure(in 427 reviews)

Cons
  • Small con is salary but compare with additonal work life balance it balances(in 184 reviews)

• Very less salary at onsite/offshore compare to other companies(in 170 reviews)

7,248 Employee Reviews

2.5 years of Experience in TCS as a system engineer. Started as a Fresher

System Engineer (Former Employee) Thane

ProsGood opportunities for all level of employees, Lots of employee benefits ranging from compensation to knowledge. Awesome culture

ConsSometimes you may become lazy as you land in a project where you have less work. But push yourself. This company takes lot of care pf the employees

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are really very nice and caring.

Not a good company if you join this company in Australia

Consultant (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsInteresting projects and technology which cant offered by many companies in Australia

ConsIndian based environment at client side..Asian working culture..long working hours..senior management is promoting the company as equal opportunity employer and diversify working env..but sadly..it is opposite at projects level.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecruit more local instead of bringing in 457 workers from indian. It is not sustainable. Local recruit will not like this env if this continue. i don't agree that you cant find the ppl with the suitable skill sets in Australia.

Can be better

IT Analyst (Former Employee) Sydney

ProsFriendly team members, Good onsite opportunities

ConsLack of proper training and due to lot of work pressure very little time for personal skill development.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more approachable

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBig organization, lot of projects so lot of opportunities, different geographies and culture.

ConsLow pay, regional politics etc

Best company to work with if you look for a stable career and good timely progress

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge Company, Stability, Timely promotions, Various technologies, Most of the Fortune 500 customers you get to work with, Defined processes. Good work Ethics !!!

ConsIf you are not working in a Metro branch, less chance of having a timely growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIts a good place for senior level executives

ConsIts not so good for entry level roles

Great Company to start the career

Assistant Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Sydney

ProsGot a good exposure to Banking and Financial Solutions

ConsEnd to End system interaction is very less.

Happy as long as I am at onsite

ProsTraining.. Training and Training.. that is the best part and you can switch the technology very easily

Consimprovement requires entire managerial level starting from TL, TL is just a role not that You are the BOSS and you run the company

An exciting journey

Pre Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsOpportunities available, lack of rigidness, friendships formed, Support system & the feeling of belonging that the company creates.

ConsArchaic policies & at many times a lack of transparency. A performance appraisal system which is extremely misused without any measures taken to control it over the years.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix Performance Appraisal System. Bell Curve should not be made an excuse to drive unethical practices .

A wonderful experience working withTCS, which gave me the platform to start and launch myself into professional world.

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsTCS has an excellent brand name in the market. The company provides you lots of growth opportunities and lots of exposure to working with clients across various geographies

ConsLacks flexiblity in terms of employee friendly policies such as work from home. Fails to come up with innovative ideas to motivate empkoyees to deliver their best.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould introduce work from home options. Could come up with new initiatives to motivate employees.

Worked for Tata Consultancy Services? Contribute to the Community!