Ted Baker London

Updated 3 August 2014

2.9

Robert Breare

Excellent Experience at Lenox Atlanta

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Pros

I love everything about working at Ted! Great pay for working retail, great team, nice bonus checks, the product practically sells itself. --I have to address some of the Atlanta reviews because I'm feeling like bitter individuals are just spreading utter lies and I wouldn't want anyone considering working for Ted Lenox to confused-- A. The person who claimed to be a current employee at Ted who go fired for being overweight HAD to be a bogus review. Who are you?!? I'm a female and by far the biggest female on our team (size 14-16) and my job has never been threatened because if it. That review was just bogus. B. I don't know whether this reviewer had a different manager then me but we definitely don't have weak leadership. Ken is the current manager and he's pretty awesome. You don't have to take my word, obviously we are doing very well under his management. A manager doesn't have to be a tool to be respected.
    The team actually has a great manager and assistant manager who are both excellent communicators and fun to work with. You will never be confused about where you stand and what you need to improve on. Both managers, while respected, are fun to be around. Definitely not the typical dreaded feeling in retail of having your manager breath down your neck constantly or anything. Everyone is well trained and equipped to do things for themselves and take initiative without being told to.

Cons

While I have no qualms with my team there are a few minor cons about working in a concession store inside of Bloomingdales

Size 5-- I don't like the fact that we do not carry a size 5 in store! Nordstrom has it and it creates competition where it shouldn't be since we obviously have the fuller Ted collection.

No benefits-- I don't like that as a part timer I don't receive benefits. Insurance outside of a company is always more costly for less coverage.

Bloomingdales-- The most annoying, if not ONLY annoying thing about working in a concession store is being in the middle of Bloomingdales shark-like sales people who don't always value connecting with the customer and selling the merchandise in a fashion that will avoid returns. It can be very frustrating. I do find myself having to guard my sales from bloomies associates and keep the peace to avoid severing relationships on the floor, its a balancing act.

Bloomingdales Return Policy- The return policy just sucks. I don't know how else to say it. They take back everything, and in a town where stylists return worn things constantly and people simply buy things knowing they are going to wear an item once and return it, the store has GOT to hold customers and sales clerks taking back returns more accountable.

None. I'm pretty satisfied with the company overall.

Very educational experience....

Former Employee - Sales Assistant  in  Nottingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Nottingham, England (UK)

Pros

Ted Baker took the time to educate me in my role, and learnt me all you need to know to succeed in my role and beyond. Great uniform allowance and staff discount policy. Work as a team in all aspects.

Cons

Ted baker were sometimes stuck in their ways with the management side of the business. I felt if the face fits you were given the opportunity regardless of experience i.e if you the perfect person for the job but your face didn't fit there was a problem. Being a homosexual and wanting to express my personality which Ted approved to an extent i was punished for this in several ways.

Improved allowance.

Enlightening and fun!

Former Employee - Senior Sales  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Sales in London, England (UK)

Pros

The best reasons to work for Ted are obviously the clothes! Love their stuff and the style.The atmosphere is always great, in house promotions are predominately how they promote people so there is great chance to climb the ladder there.

Cons

No commission on sales. Very rigid with policies and sometimes targets can be set that can detract from main work too much.

Whilst I was there, before I was in management myself, in one store, management encouraged you and gave you incentives to complete sales/tasks/targets, whilst another, you would be punished (written warnings etc) for not doing so. I think it would help to keep things fair and consistent.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dull.

Former Employee - Retail Assistant
    Former Employee - Retail Assistant

Pros

-opportunities for training (sometimes)
    - 75% discount for uniform

Cons

-three month probation until till training, meaning you have to send customers to other staff member
    -unnecessary focus on apperance
    -when quiet, you have to repeatedly clean
    -obsession with bad service, leading to poor customer service
    -minimum wage for a job where they expect you to really care; about meeting data capture takings targets ectra. and where you have to offer a highly skilled sales and service experience.

Horrible

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Pros

Beautiful clothing and great discounts

Cons

Very unfair policies if inside of department store. Was fired for being overweight which was quoted by the general manager. Way to much paperwork to fill out for just a sales person

If Ted Baker is within another store where they pay commission, even if they sell your clothing, then your employees should be paid commission as well

Retail store working- boring, repetitive, lots of standing round and minimal staff benefits for poor pay

Former Employee - Sales Assistant  in  Leeds, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Leeds, England (UK)

Pros

Staff discount on clothes however at just 20% (i think it was) against the prices they sell stock at and the poor wages staff earn doesn't really make there stock much more affordable!

Cons

having moved from another popular high street womens clothes retailer the hourly pay was lower to say its such a high profile company. Sales staff are trusted with basically no extra responsibilities which having worked in retail previously is usually the norm to hand out extra responsibilities to staff to not just occupy there time but also give them a sense of job satisfaction and achievement. You spend most of your time un bagging clothes for the shop floor sent down the warehouse, and then later that day rebagging back up just as much stock to ship out somewhere else like another store or outlet. This seems to be a continuous circle of all you spend your time doing, or the occasional 'spacing' out of hangers on the shop floor so every piece of clothing is equally spaced the same distance apart! Other then this my management team seemed also to like the fact of recleaning already clean display shelves which you'd end up doing about twice every day just to 'look busy'. over all the job satisfaction is zero to none, the company needs to think of some serious ways to keep there staffs time occupied and boost morale.

Unprofessional

Current Employee - Manager  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros

Great discount, opportunity for growth and customers are very passionate about the brand.

Cons

West Coast area manager is very unprofessional. I was very disappointed by the management culture and style . Gossip is encourage by Area manager.

Find someone who is professional, not just one person who can drive sales. Management should be a go to, but it currently is not.

Treats PR Interns Well!

Former Employee - PR Intern  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - PR Intern in New York, NY (US)

Pros

Free clothes, lunches, good learning experience

Cons

Not much room to move up in the company, tiny budgets given to important divisions, understaffed

Hire your interns and give more money to your PR & Marketing department

Truly inspirational, dedicated to people/ product and having fun!

Pros

i have worked for Ted for nearly 20 years and my career has grown along with the brand. I started as a young girl of 18 working on the shop floor and gradually worked through the managerial ranks. Today i am one of the senior leaders within the retail team. I travel extensively within my role and love every second of it! Leadership, development and creating opportunities are high on the agenda at Ted and i can honestly say the business is headed up by visionary, inspirational individuals who teach/ coach and develop to bring progression to those who want/are willing to work for it!

Cons

I spend my wages on the amazing product!

na

Get spotTED

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Bristol, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Bristol, England (UK)

Pros

Training, benefits, loyalty, pension, uniform, shares , paid sick, paid holiday.

Cons

very high standards, very stressful over really small things.

Be more relaxed, and much least stressed. Focus on customers and taking money rather than tasks.

Worked for Ted Baker London? Contribute to the Community!