Ted Baker London

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert Breare

Very educational experience....

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) Nottingham, England (UK)

ProsTed Baker took the time to educate me in my role, and learnt me all you need to know to succeed in my role and beyond. Great uniform allowance and staff discount policy. Work as a team in all aspects.

ConsTed baker were sometimes stuck in their ways with the management side of the business. I felt if the face fits you were given the opportunity regardless of experience i.e if you the perfect person for the job but your face didn't fit there was a problem. Being a homosexual and wanting to express my personality which Ted approved to an extent i was punished for this in several ways.

Advice to Senior ManagementImproved allowance.

Retail store working- boring, repetitive, lots of standing round and minimal staff benefits for poor pay

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) Leeds, England (UK)

ProsStaff discount on clothes however at just 20% (i think it was) against the prices they sell stock at and the poor wages staff earn doesn't really make there stock much more affordable!

Conshaving moved from another popular high street womens clothes retailer the hourly pay was lower to say its such a high profile company. Sales staff are trusted with basically no extra responsibilities which having worked in retail previously is usually the norm to hand out extra responsibilities to staff to not just occupy there time but also give them a sense of job satisfaction and achievement. You spend most of your time un bagging clothes for the shop floor sent down the warehouse, and then later that day rebagging back up just as much stock to ship out somewhere else like another store or outlet. This seems to be a continuous circle of all you spend your time doing, or the occasional 'spacing' out of hangers on the shop floor so every piece of clothing is equally spaced the same distance apart! Other then this my management team seemed also to like the fact of recleaning already clean display shelves which you'd end up doing about twice every day just to 'look busy'. over all the job satisfaction is zero to none, the company needs to think of some serious ways to keep there staffs time occupied and boost morale.

Enlightening and fun!

Senior Sales (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe best reasons to work for Ted are obviously the clothes! Love their stuff and the style.The atmosphere is always great, in house promotions are predominately how they promote people so there is great chance to climb the ladder there.

ConsNo commission on sales. Very rigid with policies and sometimes targets can be set that can detract from main work too much.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhilst I was there, before I was in management myself, in one store, management encouraged you and gave you incentives to complete sales/tasks/targets, whilst another, you would be punished (written warnings etc) for not doing so. I think it would help to keep things fair and consistent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsBeautiful clothing and great discounts

ConsVery unfair policies if inside of department store. Was fired for being overweight which was quoted by the general manager. Way to much paperwork to fill out for just a sales person

Advice to Senior ManagementIf Ted Baker is within another store where they pay commission, even if they sell your clothing, then your employees should be paid commission as well

Treats PR Interns Well!

PR Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsFree clothes, lunches, good learning experience

ConsNot much room to move up in the company, tiny budgets given to important divisions, understaffed

Advice to Senior ManagementHire your interns and give more money to your PR & Marketing department

Unprofessional

Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat discount, opportunity for growth and customers are very passionate about the brand.

ConsWest Coast area manager is very unprofessional. I was very disappointed by the management culture and style . Gossip is encourage by Area manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind someone who is professional, not just one person who can drive sales. Management should be a go to, but it currently is not.

Truly inspirational, dedicated to people/ product and having fun!

Prosi have worked for Ted for nearly 20 years and my career has grown along with the brand. I started as a young girl of 18 working on the shop floor and gradually worked through the managerial ranks. Today i am one of the senior leaders within the retail team. I travel extensively within my role and love every second of it! Leadership, development and creating opportunities are high on the agenda at Ted and i can honestly say the business is headed up by visionary, inspirational individuals who teach/ coach and develop to bring progression to those who want/are willing to work for it!

ConsI spend my wages on the amazing product!

Advice to Senior Managementna

Get spotTED

Supervisor (Former Employee) Bristol, England (UK)

ProsTraining, benefits, loyalty, pension, uniform, shares , paid sick, paid holiday.

Consvery high standards, very stressful over really small things.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more relaxed, and much least stressed. Focus on customers and taking money rather than tasks.

incredible

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Richmond, London, England (UK)

ProsThe clothing you can purchase on discount.

ConsLimited incentives to earn more cash despite high sales

Worst job I've ever had!

Supervisor (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsClothes discount (75% but lots of rules including not being able to choose without two other members of staff approving your choice! And also limited depending on your hours), meeting new people, learning about cuts and fabric quality (but this is from finding out that Ted Baker's quality has seriously dropped in the last three years, ask any customer)

ConsThey will pay you the absolute minimum they can legally get away with and give you a false "specialist role" to convince you that you're important but it's actually a lot more work for the exact same money, problems stem from head office, the lack of organisation is incredible, very much like a cult in the respect that they have the "School of excellence" and constantly berate employees for not being more "Ted", anyone with an education knows it's a trick companies use to make less advantaged people feel like they're important and part of something but the shine wears off very quickly. All promises made but never kept, glass ceiling system in that if you're good in your retail position the highest you can go is manager after +3 years from sales assistant. Nepotism regarding office positions. Also sexist in the sense that emails are continually sent out telling managers to ensure their staff are in full makeup and heels all day, all weekend which of course meant colleagues constantly having bad backs and pain from running up and down stairs all day. If it was a luxury brand with high pay it's understandable but Ted Baker really is just upper high street like French Connection at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS AND STAFF!! Profits have gone up because quality control has been drastically cut and this is evident from all the recalls of products and customer returns. Also not offering a refund policy for a faulty product in this day and age is ridiculous and says everything about the way the company just sees customer's as idiots with cash to burn, they never care about the customers we've met who really work to afford something

Worked for Ted Baker London? Contribute to the Community!