Teekay

Add Photos

Teekay President, CEO, and Director Peter Evensen

Peter Evensen

Financial Analyst

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsAlot of learning opportunities here.

ConsFirst year is a big learning curve.

Life At Teekay

Fisrt Assistant Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent Pay package, Timely Relief.

Conscomplete CBT to move up the ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementShip type and actual performance should be given priority before making cbt's absolute must to get promotion.

is the best

MSN (Current Employee) Makati, Rizal (Philippines)

Prosits nice company u can trust for your future

Consbecause of teekay i already getting now a new house,,in camella talamban cebu city .

Advice to Senior Managementgood

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

in working in this company I build my home and small bussiness

8 Months Conyract (Current Employee)

Prosno need to report in office,allotment has no delays.

Consno comments for now,may be later.

more comfortable, because of the safety standard

Bosun (Current Employee)

Prosall crew secured, because the vessel are new and always higher standard

Consall work must safety first

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue the good work especially implementing safety

Teekay is an operational excellence company.

ProsTeekay has the most effective core values in work, colleagues, customer and its people working on teekay...

ConsDownsides for teekay is not much affected cause teekay has the best operation in stocks and other means of operation.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

A dynamic company to work for if your goals lie in Corporate Management & Strategy.

Offshore Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsMultinational workforce & dynamic organisation due to the industry of the company. Many new avenues to further ones career in the shipping and offshore industry with the market leader.

ConsToo rigid as far as introduction of new comer´sto organisation goes. You are constantly watched. More like the management wants you to make an error rather than help you solve it.

Advice to Senior ManagementLossen up.

Was the best company in the world, on its way down now..!!

Merchant Navy Officer (Current Employee)

ProsContinous Salary, 3 Months Contract, Medical insurance, Priority pass these are some of the things that one would consider working for this company

ConsToo involved in cost cutting, employs onboard are not provided with good quality equipment, too slow promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is still one of the best in the world, keep your employees happy and content and work for better and faster promotions

Teekay overhired and underpaid me. The job was not as described. Very disappointing.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsGood employee programs - health benefit, fresh fruit, good vacation and flexben, nice offices.
    SOme great people and some very bright minds.

ConsExtremely competitive, plastic people. Tough enviornment. People lie and toss others under the bus to create their own advancement. "Stars" are people who fit the clique. Roles are poorly defined, feedback is withheld and reviews are set to be the same for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about fit and what you are really trying to hire and should be paying before you make the move. If you try to hire the "Best" regardless of real needs, you add to turnover.
    Find out the real situation and get involved in what managers are doing. Do you know they are making the right decisions?

Such potential, but falls short

Prosexcellent benefits
    Great people
    Safety is priority

ConsManagement turns a blind eye with anyone who has a 'manager' in their title. Quick to believe that 'manager' means they know what they are doing. Very large segregratin between management and employees and no merging of the two. They treat the office as a ship, everyone has a rank and gives the respect per that rank.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take a look at who you have leading your units.

Worked for Teekay? Contribute to the Community!