Telefónica

Telefónica Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Telefónica President Cesar Alierta

Cesar Alierta

Pros
  • Nice culture overall (just not in the team I was working in) and work life balance(in 19 reviews)

• Promote flexible working / allow working from home, where role permits(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Faceless organisation where if you work in the extremities then you don't get a look-in from senior management(in 9 reviews)

• Lack of appreciation and work life balance(in 4 reviews)

Software Engineer, Sr

Software Engineer (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Pros- Lot of hard working and inteligente people;
    - Great culture and work/life balance;
    - People care genuinely about his company;
    - International experience, you work with a lot of different cultures that pushes the company and the team up;
    - Great development culture and process (agile development)
    - Strong sense of team;
    - They are open to a lot of technologies and follow the main best practices;
    - Is somewhat open about discussion the technology architecture;

Cons- A lot of structural changes that affects every one in the company and creates fear in people;
    - Working with different timezones sometimes is very difficult and frustrating;
    - Sometimes is hard to create empathy and trust across countries;
    - Projects born and die suddenly;
    - Management seen sometimes not know the business they are managing;

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many people owning the products, but no leaders to take real decisions;

Great environment in a new innovative company, unfortunately too much Telefonica legacy.

Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosenvironment
    work-life balance
    opportunity to grow
    innovation
    approachability of senior leadership

Consno ownership
    slow moving
    too much Tef legacy, decisions now again made in Spain

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, empower middle management, hire outside talent and focus less on politics, get the digital talent in who are unlikely to be the managers that have been with the company for >10 years
    Be global instead of so Spain focused

Great place to work if you are willing to challenge yourself

ProsThey really want you to succeed but you have to be willing to work hard and push yourself. Fully supportive of taking risks. People do well if they produce results consistently. From a culture point of view they are totally people focused (as much as any company is)

ConsIts a big company now and change can take a long time.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to the plan

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

ProsGrowing and partnership, is a multinational enterprise

ConsRotation and the booses are very impositive

Great conditions, poor career development.

Engineer (Current Employee) Madrid (Spain)

ProsGreat place in terms of working hours, salary, benefits and pressure. Company with a presence in 20 countries, so it is possible to relocate. Superb office and good work atmosphere.

ConsVery large company, few opportunities to make an impact on your own. Poor career development, as you are assigned a task and can be doing that for ages. Even though it has presence in many countries, it does not operate as a multinational, but pretty much as local companies bundled together.

Great company and wonderful colleagues - Telefonica O2 Czech Republic

Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) Prague (Czech Republic)

ProsI was lucky to work with amazing colleagues who were always willing to share their knowledge and know-how with me. I didn´t work that hard and my salary was more than competitive.Company bonuses are exceptional.

Consit was quite difficult to get promotion or get an important point across. My boss ignored my opinion and rather listened to senior workers even though their ideas weren´t always that clever.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive young and motivated workers more space for develompent .

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople focused
    Great culture
    Lots of training
    Fast moving

ConsTough industry but makes for a more challenging role

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Dishonest Organization, Dishonest Management

Product Manager (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsYou don't have to think very much to work here. Although you will have to do a lot of PPTs. A LOT OF THEM.

ConsEntire company motivated by politics. Flavor-of-the-month HR and workplace initiatives that are always a decade behind. No real focus on productivity. Management is primarily managing their careers, not their people. Company is dishonest with hiring and salary practices. I was promised one thing for bonuses and given something entirely different and far worse. Pay raises are meager and out of step with the going rate in California (why I left). When I left, the company tried to cheat me out of my accrued vacation as salary and break California law in the process. (Yes, they seem to have given no thought nor do they care about state labor laws). For context, this is the first time in my life I have left a company on bad terms.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on people first, products second, results third and money last. Stop playing politics.

Terrible team

Marketing (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsNice culture overall (just not in the team I was working in) and work life balance. The office is nice and it is a cool industry.

ConsThe team I worked with was full of backstabbing pretentious people who knew nothing about how to make a new business work. They tried to create office politics to cover the fact that they lacked the talent to be able to do their job properly. The project we were working on was exciting, it is a pity the team were always so negative and clueless.

Manager just clocked in and out and had no idea how to build team morale. Her solution was for people to work from home on different days so we could avoid seeing each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management should hire team managers who can solve problems instead of shying away from addressing them.

For the once great O2 things are changing

Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsTo be honest I'd say the people still make it and there is great flexibility, so working from home is not a problem

ConsThings are getting a bit tight, so look forward to getting some pretty old kit, out of date software and they don't appear to be investing in either people or equipment

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the customer, not just the brand. Invest in kit to equip and empower your staff to do great work as they want to.

Worked for Telefónica? Contribute to the Community!