Tenet Healthcare

Updated 12 October 2014
2.9

Tenet Healthcare President, CEO, and Director Trevor Fetter
Trevor Fetter

Pros
  • My work-life balance has changed somewhat since the Vanguard Health Systems acquisition in the fall of 2013 (in 6 reviews)

• Great co-workers at the facility level (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It's all about money game for upper management (in 4 reviews)

• Patient care is often compromised due to lack of resources and run down facilities (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Tenet is an Execellent company to work for!!

Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed working here because of the senior staff and my fellow collaegues.

Cons

I can't think on any negative comments.

n/a

Not a place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, FL (US)

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time

Pros

Job security seems to be pretty good at this point.

Cons

Better pay and also better raises.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Physician Relationship Manager in Boca Raton, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Physician Relationship Manager in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Tenet is a wonderful place to work. Their PRM program taught me so much about what drives the hospital and the decision makers. Upper management, specifically the CEO and Regional Directors were incredible and great coaches. They truly cared about the employee and the success of their employees.

Cons

Initial training could have been more in depth to really get the employee set up for success from the start.

n/a

Former Regional Patient Access Trainer

Former Employee - Regional Patient Access Trainer in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Regional Patient Access Trainer in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome management team and many opportunities for growth. I enjoyed being on the training team and loved traveling to the sites I was responsible for. The management team was very supportive and I always felt like they had my back when issues arose.

Cons

I really can't think of any. I only left the company because I relocated and there were no opened positions in the city I was moving to.

Great employer

I worked at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Boss was felxable with my schedual

Cons

Tenet has had trouble in the past financialy, but seems to have made a turn around and has been doing well ever since. Be prepared to flex staff a lot, but this is true of most places, when things are slow they send you home. This can be hard especialy if it happens a lot.

Physician Practices

Current Employee - Manager in Roswell, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Roswell, GA (US)

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They offer a full benefits package - health, dental, vision, 401K. They don't expect any nights or weekend hours, overtime is limited.

Cons

Tenet knows how to run hospitals, but has been running the physician practices by trial and error. The success of the acquisition really comes down to the physicians and the manager since the corporate structure does not set up the practice for success.

Pick one initiative at a time. Focus on one or two areas of improvement and wait for things to improve before piling on more. It's a lot harder to do twenty things well versus two. Have consistent training so that the different offices still have some commonalities but understand that different speciality offices require different workflow.

dissapointing

Current Employee - CT Technologist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL (US)
    Current Employee - CT Technologist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL (US)

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

nice area to live but very expensive and the wages dont live up to it. close to a lot of cool stuff and very nice weather

Cons

understaffed over worked and under paid

Strong but static

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare (more than 8 years)

Pros

Tenet is a capable organization with many strong individuals in key positions. Additionally, there is a high level of job stability available for those who are seeking lifetime or long term employment. Job roles are highly defined for those who seek a high level of structure in their job role.

Cons

Suffers from traditional large company issues. Multiple overlapping departments that work in silos with the this is someone else's job mentality.

Reorganize to align with operational requirements rather than functional needs to interject operational knowledge into process. Reduce resourcing redundancy and increase individual responsibility levels within the organization to promote ownership and improved results.

Demanding, but believe that my hard work is making a difference

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Paid Time Off has never been an issue for me. I have 25 days a year and can generally use them when I want. In addition I get 11 or more paid holidays off and perhaps one of the best perks is that the corporate office is closed during the week between Christmas and New Year's. My work-life balance has changed somewhat since the Vanguard Health Systems acquisition in the fall of 2013.

Cons

I still have a lot of flexibility in terms of work hours and telecommuting. Sometimes it feels like I work in more of a matrix organizational structure, which means getting pulled in several competing directions. This provides exposure to different areas of the business (=PRO), but can mean that managing projects and expectations can be difficult (=CON). There also tends to be a lack of communication and positive feedback. This tends to mean that decisions by management and steering committees often do not happen or when they do, they tend to result in rework.

Make sure to clearly communicate goals and expectations. Provide positive feedback to inspire your employees. And lastly, retain talent by talking to them and learning about their strengths and what makes them passionate about what they do. It's amazing what listening and a little feedback can do to energize your staff.

Hard work, low wages

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Having a job, being employed

Cons

Unbelievable work loads, it us impossible to complete your workload unless you work 20hours a day. I am highly organized, experienced, and a hard worker, yet my management believes I need to work 24hours a day because she does. Unethical. Can't get time off when you need it, as taking time off is frowned upon. Work will be waiting for you when you return.

Spend some time in the trenches, see what is really going on.