Terex

Terex Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Terex Chairman and CEO Ron DeFeo

Ron DeFeo

Pros
  • Terex is a reasonable employer that understands a work/life balance(in 8 reviews)

• Great people, supportive culture, full of career opportunities(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • If you come from a different kind of industry you may not be familiar with the ups and downs of heavy construction equipment(in 3 reviews)

• Company has not done a good job transitioning from a holding company to an operating company(in 4 reviews)

Great opportunity

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI've had an opportunity to grow and develop in accounting, IT, and HR at Terex. I've also had experience with Continuous Improvement through training and activities. The benefits of working with a globally diverse team is great!

ConsThe business cycle affects Terex a great deal, so it feels like "feast or famine"

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work on making the organization stronger overall

Solid Firm

Vice President (Current Employee)

ProsDiversified portfolio of products. Strong CEO with a focus on customer value.

ConsHolding company history - working to shift to an operating company mentality. There remain economic opportunities for more efficiency.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Terex Way is a great philosophy that is strongly embraced through the organization. I would advise senior leadership that they should look hard at their own behavior to assure it is aligned to the Terex Way.

Pretty good company

ProsPretty good company and good co-workers

ConsHas a street reputation for working emplyees to death

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company, limited opportunities

ProsRelaxed company with good people around you.
    Change happens quickly so learning must also happen quickly.
    WIll to invest in employees

ConsMarket rate pay seems to be an issue;
    limited opportunities to move up in certain areas.

Missing Terex

ProsGreat Executive Leadership that sees the future of the industry.

ConsGot laid off in 2011 by Terex. Yes, they took care of me; however, I have found that I had to take over two steps back and take a HUGE pay cut. I had to move to another state.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember the employees that actually saved you millions while they were there instead of laying the off.

A Global Family

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Redmond, WA (US)

ProsTerex is a family oriented company that consistently strives for improvement in safety, quality and servant leadership. Our culture enables us as a company to provide our customers with high quality products around the world. I am proud to be part of the Terex team.

ConsNeed better choices of food in the cafeteria. Although there are healthy choices for breakfast and lunch, we should look to phase out the foods high in salt and fat.

Advice to Senior ManagementThorough communication is a necessity in creating a culture in which all team members operate by the same standards.

Best company I have ever worked for!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Westport, CT (US)

ProsRelaxed, humanistic atmosphere, great physical working environment. At Terex, you can make your job your own by coming up with new ideas and processes. Good ideas are always welcome and encouraged.

ConsLean organization, so staffing and budgets are not always available.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain current company culture.

14 Years A Where You Can Make a Difference

ProsAble to add value and make improvements. Friendly co-workers. Products that make an impact on the world.

ConsAlways a lot of work to do. Keeps you busy.

A very international Company producing all kinds of machines

Pros- very interesting products
    - internationality

Cons- not much contact to the international sites
    - sometimes very bureaucratic

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Excellent culture and safe work Environment

HSE Manager (Current Employee) Hosūr, Tamil Nadu (India)

Pros1. Safety is first periority
    2. Terex way

ConsLot of new projects handled past one year

Advice to Senior Management1.TEREX brand name not familer in india , we need to strengthen the Market , quality to be improved .

Worked for Terex? Contribute to the Community!