Terex

Updated 23 January 2015
3.6

Terex Chairman and CEO Ron DeFeo
Ron DeFeo

Pros
  • Work life balance 4/10's and everyone is pretty much held to that even salary (in 11 reviews)

• Company where you have an opportunity to make a difference (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Business is cyclical and can have extreme ups and downs (in 3 reviews)

• Company has not done a good job transitioning from a holding company to an operating company (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Production Supervisor

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Moses Lake, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Moses Lake, WA (US)

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Steady job, stable company, good culture.

Cons

Hard to move up past Supervisor point

Went pretty quickly but has leveled off

A Great Company Looking Inward

I have been working at Terex

Pros

There are a lot of chances in Terex to communicate with upper management, and they are very obliging. Everyone is very friendly, and the environment is both lively and professional, with encouragement to live healthily. The company has grown a great deal, and now there is a lot of opportunity for focusing internally to build efficiencies. Ethics are highly valued at Terex, and a major part of discussion.

Cons

There are some inefficiencies in the workplace with delegating tasks across the workforce.

Perhaps to create a forum to share work overload, and to encourage people whose efforts are freed up to assist.

Good culture and great people to work with

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer II in Redmond, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer II in Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities to work cross-functionally and work with some very talented people. There are a lot of people that have worked at Genie for a long time, and a lot of people that leave end up coming back. I think that is a testament to the company culture in Redmond.

Cons

The production teams drive very hard. Often times this creates a lot of turnover in assembly and support teams. Salaries are generally lower than other companies in the area.

Strive to improve morale and ultimately quality on the shop floor.

Freedom to grow with a risk tolerant culture and admirable view toward work-life balance.

Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Redmond, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Project Engineer in Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Overall positive company culture with driven employees but without the cut-throat atmosphere found in some business cultures. Top down strong attitude of ensuring positive work-life balance.

Cons

Very risk tolerant culture lends to many ready, shoot, aim scenarios. Must be comfortable with ambiguity and flexible with change.

Communicate the 3-5yr vision for the company & let directors/managers develop plans to support.

Excellent Opportunities to Learn and Grow

Current Employee - Materials Manager
    Current Employee - Materials Manager

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Terex provides excellent opportunities for people willing to apply themselves and grow their skills. Training is provided by qualified instructors at other Terex plants or in professional/trade school settings in which they cover your tuition for applicable classes. Also have excellent benefits.

Cons

Some branches are affected by the ups and downs of the economy and legislative processes. They acquire many businesses and sometimes sell them, meaning your owner/employer could radically change. Some branches are very political in terms of which people can advance, creating a 'watch your back' type of environment.

Please be more transparent when dealing with switching employee jobs, especially the justifactions for making those changes. Cross-training is an important foundation for the success of Terex, but when not used properly creates an air of favoritism and spite than ruins an otherwise excellent working environment.

Great place to work

I worked at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The things that make it worth working there are the following,very competitive wages and benefits.Co workers are always willing to lend a hand.

Cons

I think there are more pros than cons to this company,but for cons I would say sometimes people more deserving of a promotion dont get it when some that dont work as hard do.

Open your eyes a bit,your on the right path.

Terex is a fantastic place to grow a career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH (US)

I have been working at Terex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In first place, THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH!! * Many opportunities for growth *Great benefits *Good pay *Flexible hours *Tuition reimbursement *401K match @100% *Affordable health insurance *Healthy ways activities *Continous training

Cons

Some people don't realize how lucky they are to be working for this company.

Keep doing a great job! I love the messages and communications on the intranet. I am Terex!

Terex Response

Jul 23, 2014Admin

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your feedback. We are glad Terex has made a positive impact on your work experience. We value your opinion and the diversity inherent in people’s ... More

Great company.

I have been working at Terex

Pros

Great global opportunities, strong company culture, solid values.

Cons

Business is cyclical and can have extreme ups and downs.

Excellent, rewarding experience.

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good leadership, good values, and overall pleasant working culture. Compensation is fair, and job satisfaction is very high in my experience. Overall I would certainly recommend.

Cons

Some detractors, with negative personalities reducing overall morale. Could improve on "One Terex" culture, which isn't always evident. There's certainly potential for more team building activities to be made available across the entire business.

Terex Response

Jul 23, 2014Admin

My name is Natasha Valani and I work in the Human Resources department at Terex Corporation. First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your feedback. We are glad Terex has made a positive ... More

Good Company

I have been working at Terex full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits and compensation are good. Terex is always looking to better itself through improvement and lean manufacturing initiatives.

Cons

In certain departments in the company career advancement is limited. Some positions have clear levels of advancement, i.e. technician to specialist, specialist to professional, etc. but some positions do not.

Provide more support for capital investments to improve the facilities. Seek and mentor those who desire to move up in the company, regardless of position - not just in operations.