Texas Instruments

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.6 1,111 reviews

Texas Instruments Chairman, President, and CEO Rich Templeton

Rich Templeton

Pros
  • Work life balance is really good, it values the importance of sports in life (in 116 reviews)

• Great people, benefits, work environment -- when far from corporate headquarters in Dallas (in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance rarely seems to be in favor of life (in 36 reviews)

• Upper management seems to be reserved for Marketing/Sales folks (in 25 reviews)

More Highlights
1,111 Employee Reviews

planner

Planner (Former Employee)

Prosworldwide international training compensation work from home

Consfinance driven no life balance NA NA NA

one of the best places to work

Senior Manager (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsThe kind of learning you get at TI is unparalleled to anywhere else. As long as you are doing the right thing, no one stops you from doing what you would like even in an exploratory fashion. Moreover the kind of respect in general that you get at TI and the culture , even though much degraded from what it was before is still better than most other MNCs in India. Also the opportunity to work beyond India and in a more global leadership role is far more available and acceptable in TI India than in other MNCs in India.

ConsFor very senior experience levels, opportunities are less in India, especially on the business or management side, If you are doing pure technical work, there are far more opportunities. So growth after a point even if you're a star performer, becomes slightly tough.

good

Intern (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosgood working environment with good infra for project execution and work without too much stress

ConsAs such no major con but my experience was that normally one group dont help or interect with other group

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Texas Instruments

Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsVery good work life balance with flexible hours

ConsNot run like a technology company.

Working as Equipment Engineer, handling Preventive Maintenance and Calibration.

Equipment Engineer (Current Employee) Mabalacat (Philippines)

ProsTerms of Use Privacy & Cookies Safe Harbor Notice

ConsGreat opportunity, compensation
    Just work hard to get even better your position

Great place for internship

ProsFast learning curve. Easy job task

ConsDallas is not a good place for life

Good place to learn

Pros"Great Work-life balance

Transparent to everyone

Consfor me there is no cons

diverse environment and challenging work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible-as long as you get your work done, good working environment

ConsLack of opportunity for advancement

Stable company

Associate (Current Employee) Stafford, TX (US)

ProsJob security is high. Benefits for those that have been here for some time are great. Profit sharing is attractive.
    Great company to work for if you are fine with limited growth opportunities.

ConsPay is lower than industry standards. If you are a newer employee you are now subject to the lower benefit trends that other companies are using. Talent is wasted or not fully utilized. The environment is the same as it was in the 70's. Creative energies are not promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote those with experience and not just by academic credentials. Very limited resources used to grow employees.

Wonderful place to work at

Digital Design Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros- Excellent office environment, spacious and well furnished cubicle
    - Good Facilities
    - Can learn a lot from colleagues, can work on state-of-the-art technologies
    - People discuss circuits even in bathrooms and lifts, that is how passionate people here are

Cons- Is on the downfall these days and has been laying off many people, that means no job security
    - Though it has flexible hours, project deadlines force you to work long hours
    - Serious environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould suggest more outings, a more fun environment rather than it being so serious

Worked for Texas Instruments? Contribute to the Community!