The BusBank

www.busbank.com

The BusBank Reviews

Updated Mar 13, 2014
The BusBank – Chicago – “Basketball Hoop on SalesFloor”

Don DiBrita

Unique, fun place to work

ProsGreat atmosphere, ages range from 25-45, very unique, exciting to work in a fast paced environment. Takes awhile to get the hang of it all but company has good opportunities for growth for those who want to put in work.

ConsLow starting pay, ever growing competition

Rare Find These Days

Supplier Relations (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsVery flexible, decent pay, great benefits, 401K, great team players, fun office atmosphere, easy location to commute to, pre-tax travel benefits.

ConsI don't feel there are many cons, if any, working with The BusBank. Pay starts out a little tough for new sales people until they are able to build a customer base, but the majority of opportunities are inbound so you don't have to go find your own clients.,However, like any sales position being proactive will set you apart from the rest and speed up your ability to make great money.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen company goals increase, the sales team is basically getting a raise, but the support team is required to do more work for the same money, would be nice to if everyone reaped the benefits of increased goals/numbers/growth.

Review of the BusBank

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEntrepeneurial spirit when I was there, a great location

Consvery low pay for support roles, disorganized, frustrating communication between sales and support staff

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm sure things have changed since I have been there, but if I had to say one thing, make certain that the sales team is picking up both good leads and maintaining strong relationships with vendors. Also, if as a smaller company, make sure you reviewing your compensation plans to ensure you have a competitive advantage.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company made all the right changes, performing like we have nver performed before.

ProsManagement is flexible and make logical decisions. Good to work for a company that stands by their conviction, and does the right thing. Very ethical company, does what they say they will do, unlike our competitors

ConsTrusting our operator partners to perform at the level we request. Assumptions being made about us based on our former owner, and competitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on keeping on.

Up and down

Account Executive (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsWhen I first started the best part was the people who worked there. Some are still there but most have moved onto other opportunities.

ConsThe BusBank had very shaky management. The company went through bankruptcy so it always felt a bit unstable. Not a very positive work environment

Learning experience about the bus industry.

Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsYou will have consistent hours and holidays off.

Constaking the 24 hr. response line outside of work hours.

Advice to Senior Managementmore communication between sales team and operations team.

Company is changing for better

ProsFlexibility
    Investing in employees
    Great Healthcare program
    401k
    Ability to work from home
    Very Good wages for high performers.
    Inbound leads, rather than having to Coldcall

ConsThe company did go thru a rough period that was very limiting and stressful for all that were involved. The Charter bus industry is not as exciting as other products that people can sell.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company should continue to invest in more sals support staff as these would make the job even more enjoyable.

Good for getting your foot in the door for sales experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsHealth benefits, relaxed work atmosphere, smaller sized company that allows for younger staff to take on leadership roles if they are successful

ConsNo IRA or 401K offered, transporting groups in buses is not very exciting to sell, did not take the down economy well

Company had an opportunity to be extremely successful...but

Salesperson (Current Employee)

Prosincome potential, flex attire, brand recognition

Conspoor management, poor leadership, sales support

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employee feedback. hire managers with experience. invest in human capital

Worked for The BusBank? Contribute to the Community!