The Children's Place

The Children's Place Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

The Children's Place President & CEO Jane Elfers

Jane Elfers

Pros
  • Employee discount is good especially since it can be used on all sale and clearance(in 31 reviews)

• Good money, good quality clothing, great discount on the clothes(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Associates are expected to train upper management when unqualified management is hired(in 45 reviews)

• Floor set was a week long project with a window change that usually took three people to complete(in 27 reviews)

Neutral

Sales Lead (Current Employee) Niles, OH (US)

ProsStore discount was great .

ConsMake sure you can handle a lot stress

Nice place to work

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Huntington Beach, CA (US)

ProsOpportunity for advancement and good employee discount. Flexible schedule, great for mothers and college students. Management cared for employees and were always listening to concerns.

ConsDemanding and constant changing of marketing, displays, and floorset with tough deadline expectations. Daily sales goals and somewhat pushy on customers having to apply for store credit card.

Corporate America

ProsThe people are friendly. The location being in NJ nice to be away from the busy city. Good benefits. Started the star awards to recognize people who deserves it.

ConsCommuting to NJ, in rush hour is not easy. Health benefits has decreased over the years. Difficult to move up within the company ladder so not much room for growth.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

my review

Prosgreat people, great benefits and great opportunity

Consthere are none to speak of

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReally good company to work for specially if you are a student. The hours are great and it is a fairly easy job.

ConsBecause it's a kids store be prepared to be cleaning every 5 minutes and stuffing credit cards down the parents throat.

There some Pros and Cons

Product Designer (Current Employee) Secaucus, NJ (US)

Pros- great benefits, including 30% employee's discount, free fruits, limo service, 401(K), medical, vision, and dental, overseas traveling expenses' reimbursement, etc.
    - great opportunity for recent college grads to gain necessary industry experience, including overseas work and travel

Cons- long hours
    - unpaid overtime and weekends
    - favoritism
    - poor evaluation system

Advice to Senior Managementneed to improve evaluation system
    manage better work-life balance

Overall good - Just ridiculously high expectations.

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

Pros-Encouragement to move up
    -Ability to speak to your upper management (DM, RD, LPM) whenever needed; Open Door Policy even though they are not in the office

Cons-Recent budget cuts decrease the benefits for holiday pay
    -Overly high expectations with extremely limited hours. There is not enough time/payroll to help the customers and complete the floorsets, etc.

Store Level Is a Great Place to Work

Sales Lead (Current Employee)

Prosgood employee discount, managers have ability to works several aspects of the business, relaxed attitude when it comes to scheduling, usually open to new ideas based on what is best for each store, great promotions for customers, decent raises once a year, nice culture with other stores in district

Conspushy with credit cards, stingy with payroll which leads managers to spend a lot of customer service time dealing with visual merchandising, does not promote from within the company/lots of outside hiring

I did not like working here

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Scarborough, ON (Canada)

Prosfun environment, alot of kids, busy, and interactive

Consvery low working hours at least at the scaborough town centre location (Toronto, Canada), I worked there for two days until I found a better job and they never paid me. I contacted my manager, HR, and payroll and they said they will fix it "as soon as possible" which is ridiculous if you ask me. Also its long hours on your feet and large work load. They hired alot of employees and only gav each sale associate 3 hour shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate payroll and make it more organized, give employees more working hours and relieve the workload

blah

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) Brooklyn, NY (US)

ProsBenefits for part time employees
    Typical retail job

ConsManagement under a lot of pressure and in turn associates are put under a lot of stress for very little pay

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement and Royalty are two different words.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!