The Children's Place Reviews

Updated 24 April 2015
668 reviews filtered by

1. High expectations, no hours to meet those expectations

I have been working at The Children's Place

Pros

Great discounts and good district managers

Cons

No hours to meet the expectations in the store

2. Worst work experience .

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Woodbridge, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Woodbridge, VA (US)

I have been working at The Children's Place part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hours work well if you have school or little availability since they give you so little hours .

Cons

Store management really sucks . ASM's do not know that they are doing they don't know how to count registers or they go to the store manager about everything that can be handled by themselves . So much work and cleaning that us associates have to do with so little pay its ridiculous. Managers show favoritism within the store . Management is basically a joke and the only people that is keeping the store going is the associates which most are only getting 7.25. Corporate wants so much out of the company and makes so much money to where they can't even treat employees right . Associates basically slave .

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your associates. Thank your associates once in awhile . Hire better managers that can actually count registers and do simple stuff like maintain the store .

3. "Run for the hills"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at The Children's Place full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay and pto
    Amazing clients enjoyed watching families grow

Cons

Where to start! This company used to have integrity and wanted their people to thrive succeed and develop amazing careers. Now they hire incompetent Dm's who do nothing more than gossip and make up fraudulent lies about previous employees. The staff that is left and newly hired staff have absolutely no respect this dm. I am SHOCKED that hr did not get involved. When you see multiple tenured management leaving for part associate jobs due to a lack competency in management there is a HUGE problem. Truly disappointed in the regional and hr manager for not getting involved. I was so disappointed in leaving this company and did not want to. But poor judgment in hiring and the only people who are promoted or rehired are ones who talk poorly about others.

Advice to Management

Regional and HR I would strongly suggest to dig in and find out why there really was such a huge turnover rate in a district. Everyone stayed even after the previous DM left for months until you hired some one with a lack of maturity!

TCS needs to get it together already

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time

Pros

The discount and nice PTO time

Cons

The workload is ridiculous. Absolutely no where near enough payroll. The expectations of perfect floorset pictures being taken is impossible when everything is being done while the store is opened and customers are touching it all. Let alone..
    the corporate people in the visuals dept send us poor floorset pictures to go off of with mistakes throughout them so not sure how they expect ours to be so much better than those in the visual dept. Also need to put some money into the older stores to Refresh them..you are showing those stores that you don't care yet you want them too.

Advice to Management

Get a new CEO. Actually visit a variety of stores not just the same ones all the time. Reach out to stores to see if they need any help. (I went months without even a phone conversation with my DM at Christmas time). And for the love of God...if u want all the workload completed and shipment done and the store beautiful at all times and no theft----gives us the tools (PAYROLL)!!!

I did not like this job.

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

there are none at all

Cons

managers were terrible and rude

Advice to Management

Have the skills for the job

7. Sales Lead

Former Employee - Sales Lead
    Former Employee - Sales Lead

I worked at The Children's Place part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Employee discount. Great Teams. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

No payroll for work load expected. No support from upper management.

Advice to Management

Listen to your associates feedback especially when you ask for it. Do not lump everything together all at once example Floorset, hardmarks and PPP all in the same weekend. then change it all again the next week especially during a holiday.

8. Kins Plaza Children"s Place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at The Children's Place

Pros

Managers are very friendly and helpful

Cons

Not many hours after holidays, somewhat of favoritism when it comes to employees, rude customers, stealing

Advice to Management

Randomly review the stores without them knowing so you can get a better look on what goes on daily.

9. Neutral

I worked at The Children's Place

Pros

Employee discount and health benefits as a manager

Cons

management training doesn't happen. THey expect you to learn as you go

Not the greatest place to work.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

I have been working at The Children's Place full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Generous pto time. Although you never have an opportunity to use it.

Cons

Stores operate on minimal payroll almost all year. Occasionally extra payroll is given for things like clean sweep or writing reviews but nothing is allocated for setting a floorset or processing high amounts of freight. This seems very backwards to me. I've been in retail management along time and most companies want to make sure what the customers see and experience is #1 priority when it comes to payroll. Usually we are expected to set a new floorset, change the window, set all new marketing, change every mannequin, and process the freight for the floorset with only 2 people working and all while the store is open for business. Us tearing apart a wall is not what our customers want to experience! And God help us if a customer complains because we didn't give them enough attention while we were "multitasking" our butt off! And THERE IS NEVER PAYROLL TO TRAIN NEW PEOPLE! And photo reviews are a freakin joke. Floorset is done? Nope reset all the walls because those mannequins need to be an inch higher. Be prepared to bring your own toilet paper at least a couple of times a year because supply order freezes include not ordering tp!

Advice to Management

STOP CHASING YOUR TAILS! Get a clue about the reality of running a store that is open 72 hours a week on 165 hours of payroll. We showed you we could do it because most of us a scared of losing our job if we don't hit your ridiculous deadlines. Oh and if your going to trust managers with over a $1 million a year in sales and a set of keys to your store maybe you should trust us to set a floorset without sending a ton of photos to prove we know how to set a perfect floorset when every store is a different size and shape. The customers don't give a damn if the mannequin is 38 inches high or 39 inches. These kinds of details are a waste of our limited payroll. Jane, go spend 1 week in an average volume store during floorset and you don't get to pull the ceo card. Wear comfy shoes and get your hands dirty! Bet you allocate more payroll after 1 week of floorset hell!

11. Great company to work for!

I have been working at The Children's Place

Pros

Excellent pay, benefits, and development opportunities.

Cons

Improved work and home balanced desired.

Advice to Management

Bring more flexibility when it comes to home/work balance.

The Children's Place Photos