The Coca-Cola Company
www.coca-colacompany.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

The Coca-Cola Company Reviews

Updated Apr 23, 2014

Muhtar Kent

Pros:
  • "Good benefits, big opportunity to relocate, tuition assistance is very easy"
    in 40 reviews
  • "Great Benefits along with job growth makes Coca-Cola worth while"
    in 33 reviews
Cons:
  • "Benefits eligibility is too long (90 Days); Hard to transition into higher level roles;No work-life balance"
    in 42 reviews
  • "Long hours in an unprofessional work environment for little pay"
    in 62 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Sounds good, but is it?

Manager (Former Employee)
Hollywood, FL (US)

I worked at The Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWorking for worlds most recognized trademark. Benefits competitive. Upon hire, all employees are encourage towards advancement ( but doesn't pan out for more than 15%).

ConsThe company name does not equal career. Where you work doesn't define you as a worker.
Promotions are far and few between and as management changes, so do those promoted. Unfair and inconsistent. You are made to feel you should be happy for a job, but you know you are worth and deserve more. Managers know less than most of their reports. Managers are not held accountable for high turn over or complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your management team and ask your employees who they do or will respect as their manager. You should be able to formulate better decisions that way and keep retention and moral higher. Obviously you can skew things anyway you want but the engagement results are consistent and desperate for improvementt

Good people but every 2 yrs expect a reorg.

Category Advisor (Former Employee)

I worked at The Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLots of resources for analytical needs. There were some really good people to work with. There was a good work life balance.

ConsAdvancement opportunities seem more predicated on who you knew. This lead to people placed in leadership positions that should not have been. It's very frustrating to have a manager who was ill prepared for the role.

Hard work, Good Pay!

Merchandiser (Current Employee)
Madison, WI (US)

I have been working at The Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than a year

ProsPay is great, Company is caring, Managers are Great and getting better. So many opportunities to advance and make more money. If you perform well you will get noticed. Brands are World Renown and more are being added every year! Coca-Cola is #1 Beverage company in the world!

ConsWork is hard and conflicts with family time. No set hours for being a merchandiser, 10 hour days should be expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has been nothing less than great to me and continue to reward me for the work I do, I am proud to work for such an amazing company and look forward to my future with Coke!

I have been working at The Coca-Cola Company

ProsGood benefits, good pay, good products

ConsVery political, do more with less.

Coach up or coach out.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at The Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe Coca-Cola name looks good on a resume. Usually pretty easy to get into the system, gain some experience and basic skills and build your resume for your next company.

ConsExtremely fast paced environment with consistent reorganizations. Very much a coach up or coach out atmosphere. Only good for a career if you plan to move or move-up every few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace a higher importance on showing your employees that they are valued and that you value individualism. Do a better job of training and developing your employees.

Great Brand, Large Company and Wonderful Comraderie

Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at The Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSalary and flexibility are two of the best things about working here. There are a lot of benefits, both current and post-retirement that really make it attractive to stay here. This is the longest I have ever worked somewhere and truly would have to have a ridiculously good opportunity before considering leaving. I am fortunate to have great management and co-workers in my area.

ConsI hate working for a large company that makes a great product but constantly being told we are broke. Cutting back on things for the employees is not necessarily they way to promote engagement. Also, whereas in the past this may have been a great paying company, I am pretty sure the verdict is still out on that in the upswing of the job market.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse engagement surveys to find the best areas and then find out their best practices. Its more than salary that makes happy employees and there are pockets of the company where managers get it right and can be learned from.

Rocky start with first boss but after 2 years in with a new supervisor management has exceeded expectations!

Merchandiser (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at The Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat paid vacation, decent pay, and working for a huge name.

ConsCan be overwhelming, lots of labor work, and having to deal with store managers also is a pain at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't leave a merchandiser out on his own and let the other merchandiser's head home. Send help if you can.

its hard work with no reward

I have been working at The Coca-Cola Company

Prosyou get to work by yourself

Conshours always change, days off always change.

Advice to Senior Managementfigure out problems

great

I have been working at The Coca-Cola Company

Prosgreat place to work today

Cons24/7 work not a lot of moving up

Treated me well...no complaints.

Full Service Driver (Current Employee)
Norfolk, VA (US)

I have been working at The Coca-Cola Company full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIf you show interest, they are more than willing to train you in new jobs and help you move up.

ConsThe pay rates are a bit lower than some other similar jobs in the area.

Worked for The Coca-Cola Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Coca-Cola Company reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for The Coca-Cola Company CEO Muhtar Kent. All 776 reviews are posted anonymously by The Coca-Cola Company employees.