The LaSalle Network

Updated 15 December 2014
Updated 15 December 2014
4.3

Tom Gimbel

Great place to learn and jumpstart your career

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at LaSalle gave me a work ethic like no other place could, you put in long days, but you are able to learn so much! Management is super hands on, on a regular day you will see the CEO stroll through the office, and he will give you advice as you are working.
    The CEO is great, management is great, but it's the people that really keep the company moving. People who are dedicated to putting in 12+ hour days, because they love what they do! As many people have read, if you are looking for 9-5 job, this isn't for you; however, if you are a recent graduate looking to gain some of the best hands on experience you can, this IS the place for you! I learned more from this company in a year, then I did in my 4 years of college.

Cons

Long hours can be quite exhausting and mentally draining.
    Suburban offices can feel left out a lot of the time.

Keep doing what you're doing, you've won countless awards and you are repeatedly recognized for the great things the company has accomplished!

Nov 16, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your experience. Ensuring that suburban offices feel included is something we have worked on for years, and we've definitely come a long way...however, do you have any suggestions ... More

Customer Service

I have been working at The LaSalle Network

Pros

They have available assignments...the initial phone contact between you and LaSalle usually starts out very friendly.

Cons

The communication from the staff SUCKS!!! THEY DON'T CARE! THEY DON'T RETURN CALLS! THEY DON'T RETURN EMAILS! I FEEL LIKE ONCE THEY INTERVIEWED ME AND SAW THAT MY "NAME" DIDN'T MATCH MY "FACE" THAT TOOK ME OUT OF THE RACE!

Its only common courtesy to return phone calls or respond to emails whether you have an assignment or not for the individual especially when you the Company are the one that reached out to the candidate!

The Place to work if you want to surround your self with the top talent in Chicago

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Each person manages their own book of business. You can be creative and autonomous with how you approach your work while also being surrounded by an amazing team of talented colleagues. You have exposure to senior management for continuous training. Everyday you are challenged and the day's go by quickly due to the exciting pace of the work environment. The team bonus approach gives you a monetary incentive to work hard as you are not only accountable to yourself, but to everyone in the organization.

Perks: Free dry cleaning and lunch once a week in our suburban offices, free bagels on Fridays, casual dress on Fridays, awesome parties to celebrate achieving our goals and because we work hard, free beer in the office, Starbucks coffee, incentive trips, philanthropy events

Cons

You get out what you put in. You might find yourself working 50 hours a week, but in the end that added time pays off, not only in the literal sense that you will close more business, but also in that you will find yourself learning/growing professionally. If you expect to a predictable workload and don't want to work more than 40 hours per week, this might not be the job for you

Amazing Company!

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

LaSalle Network is an awesome company to work for! Not only do I enjoy coming to my job everyday but I can truly say I work along some of my best friends. It is amazing to be a part of a company were everyone is passionate about what they do and works so hard to reach a goal together. Overall LaSalle cares about their employees and the culture is great!

Cons

Not much that I dislike about working here.

Oct 06, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your feedback!

Positive and Eager Place to Work!

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

LaSalle Network is an overall positive and happy place to come to work to everyday. The culture at LaSalle Network is extremely upbeat and energetic. While every Project Manager is delegated specific orders, there is still a team based approach where collaboration is strongly welcomed in every unit. Everyone at LaSalle has a common vision of motivation, success, and growth. I do not know of very many companies where you get to consider your teammates and coworkers your best friends. There is also very strong relationships across the company between Project Managers and our Business Development Managers. This is extremely important when working orders and obtaining new business. The amount of time and hard word that everyone in this company puts in is tremendous. In addition, the company rewards success with annual parties and events, incentive trips, and promotions. My advice to any new hires or those interested in working at LaSalle Network, be flexible, get involved, and have an open mind!

Cons

The recruiting industry in general is not a 9-5 position. Employees work upwards of 10-11 hour days. At times it can become long, however, the culture makes it worthwhile. If you are looking for a 40-45 hour job, this is not the industry for you. We, also do not have a 401K match.

Revisiting the bonus structure for some units as sometimes it can be difficult to hit.

Oct 06, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your insights! Great advice for new hires - get involved, be flexible and have an open mind. Definitely keys to success here. Thanks for your feedback on the bonus structure ... More

Work Hard, Play Hard

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

One of the best things about working at LaSalle is the company culture that they've built. While there may be various office locations and multiple departments, everyone works cohesively together and is genuinely invested in trying to help each other out. Whether it may be staying an extra hour to assist another project manager with reports, or taking on an additional project, everyone is very passionate and dedicated to their jobs here. And because of that, the company is very generous about rewarding us for our hard work! We have great company-wide events that give us a chance to not only bond with our clients, but have a really great time with each other.

Cons

With it being a "work hard, play hard" type of environment, you definitely do work HARD. Since it is a pretty demanding industry, the hours typically tend to be long and you feel like you're moving at 100 mph most of the time. So for those who are looking for a great work/life balance, this might not be the place for you. It can get draining at times, but it's not so bad when you're doing it with people whose company you really enjoy :)

Higher compensation packages based off of all the work we do.

Sep 22, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your feedback.

Solid, Growing Company with Great People

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Every single person that works here is hard-working and driven, which you don't get many other places. It's very team-oriented here and everyone jumps in to help out when needed. Building relationships with employees both inside and outside of work is highly encouraged, and it's extremely common to see strong friendships form outside of work with teammates. The benefits are nice - good health/dental package, fair PTO, fun company events, catered lunch every Thursday. Management and HR are very easy to talk to, and if things aren't working out they will work hard to find a role, either internally or externally, that will work. We work a split desk, so if you're not interested in sales, you can be a part of the recruiting team. We are also salaried and not commissioned. It's a fast-paced environment with a lot going on!

Cons

Work-life balance can be challenging if you want to work the typical 8-5, though I do think management is working to make things a lot better here. When I first started I was easily working from 11-12 hours many days. And while things can get very busy and longer hours may be necessary to meet strict deadlines during large projects, it has gotten better and is encouraged to get out of the office at a reasonable time (reasonable still meaning 5:30-6, so you're looking at a 10-hour day). Suburban offices can tend to feel left out on random company gatherings and overall recognition for hard work, since the vast majority of the staff works out of the HQ in downtown. Thus there can be a lot of favoritism as employees can build better relationships with upper management and C-level executives since they're working side-by-side in the same office. A lot of times big achievements (and projects that bring in A LOT of business) by individuals that put a lot of hard work and hours into seem to go overlooked. Salary tends to be fair here but sometimes the bonuses are difficult to achieve for certain teams and offices. There are groups that see bonuses in the thousands each and every quarter while other teams see a couple hundred dollars here and there. What works for one team in one office may not work for other teams in other offices, as business is sold differently in different locations. Turnover can be an issue (mostly due to work-life balance), though I think LaSalle Network has a better rate than other firms. Change is the only constant here, which can be a pro or a con to different people. The hiring process can also be daunting.

See "Cons" section.

Sep 22, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

I'm sorry suburban offices feel left out...I realize this can be an issue and it is something I am working with my executive team to "figure" out better ways. I don't feel our turnover is that high ... More

Great place to learn - not a great place to stay

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

LaSalle Network is a great place to learn the recruiting industry. Management is very hands on and good at what they do.

Cons

The hours are ridiculous. I was told in the interview that they would be long but the expectation was unreasonable. While you are never "told" to work late, if you leave before 6:30-7:00 your work ethic and commitment level are questioned. Often my unit worked until 7:30-8:00 and came in on weekends. I don't know anyone who works anywhere near that many hours. Especially at a starting salary around 30k.

Great company culture filled with like-minded, hard working individuals.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Oak Brook, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Oak Brook, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company culture! Like-minded, hard working individuals who I not only call co-workers, but also friends. LaSalle has offered me a career opportunity that I have yet to see anywhere else. It is truly a place where your hard work pays off and gets recognized. The team based approach to recruiting ensures a positive work environment where everyone is willing to jump in and help each other out. I am forever grateful for the opportunity that has been presented.

Cons

Agency recruiting as a whole requires long days and making yourself available outside of normal business hours. I have never been required to stay "late" but have simply chosen to hold myself accountable and put in the time that is required to get the job done.

Oct 13, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks so much for sharing your insights. Your perspective about holding yourself accountable is exactly the mentality we hope runs throughout the entire organization and one that we try to instill ... More

The People Make the Difference

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

LaSalle is a place that rewards hard work. You hear a lot about our culture, and yes, we have fun parties, celebrations, incentives, trips, etc. However, the parties aren't what keep me here - the people do. The celebrations are a result/reward of people working hard, giving their all, and grinding it out every day to reach a common goal. People here have a few important traits in common - they are smart, hard working, loyal, and fun. Companies that have a staff of mostly revenue generators/sales roles often times deal with people who are selfish and cut throat, but LaSalle has none of that. It is truly a supportive, team based environment. You have access to upper management at all times and a lot of opportunity for career progression. If you want to work for a company where you feel like you're a part of something, where your hard work is recognized and rewarded, and where your team and peers consistently support you, then LaSalle is the place to be. Work hard, and you'll be taken care of. Plus, you'll make some great friends and get some great perks along the way.

Cons

Not a place for someone who wants a 9-5.

Sep 07, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and share your insight into working at LaSalle Network!

The LaSalle Network Photos