The LaSalle Network Reviews

Updated 8 April 2015
61 reviews filtered by
4.2
Tom Gimbel

Pros
  • LaSalle Network offers an unbelievable culture made up of hard-working and genuine individuals (in 11 reviews)

• Our company culture is second to none, which was showcased by Crain (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • So for those who are looking for a great work/life balance, this might not be the place for you (in 4 reviews)

• This is a fast paced aggressive industry which takes hard work and dedication that may not be for everyone (in 4 reviews)

1. Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

inclusive culture, happy people, environment full of energy and enthusiasm, fast-paced work, willingness among employees to go the extra mile for each other, community involvement

Cons

if you are one who doesn't like working past 5, this likely isn't the pace for you- everyone here goes above and beyond what is expected, to the extent that it has become the norm to work beyond what most other companies expect

2. Hands down, the best company culture and team players!

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LaSalle has a great work environment! Everyone is pleasant and willing to lend a helping hand if needed. Hard work and major effort do not go unnoticed here! The CEO and upper management cheer you on and let you know that you are appreciated. Fun place to work that will challenge you and highlight your strengths.

Cons

LaSalle may not be the place for you if you prefer to work alone and want to avoid teams.

Advice to Management

Continue to appreciate and motivate!

Mar 30, 2015Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

3. A place where I can belong

Current Employee - Office Assistant
    Current Employee - Office Assistant

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the company atmosphere! Everyone is so nice and welcoming, it gives me the chance to kind of let my guard down and relax while at work. (Nothing worse than feeling tense and stressed out everyday while trying to make ends meat.)
    I also love the company incentives that they provide for employees be it free bagel Fridays or free lunch Thursdays.

Cons

Sometimes the commute can be a hassle, but then again what job doesn't have its own commute problems?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. You've obviously mastered the art of creating an open atmosphere for your employees to feel welcomed, comfortable, and appreciated.

5. Job love, life love

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

LaSalle Network is hands down the best place to work. The atmosphere is enticing and energetic, the culture is amazing, my team collaborates as one unit helping each other out every single day, and the opportunity for growth and career enhancement within is staggering. Management is completely accessible and part of the team, even our CEO Tom has his door open for anything anyone needs at anytime. We work extremely hard and put in the hours and then some, but it honestly does not feel like a job. It's more of a lifestyle and I have a fun time doing it every day! We work hard, we have fun, and the days fly by at an incredible rate. We set goals, we attain them, and we great ready for what's expected (and unexpected) next! Beyond the day to day, LaSalle makes sure to reward hard work too. We take trips when we hit goals, we celebrate Re-Birthdays for each and every employee, we host holiday (and yes, March Madness IS a holiday) parties for our clients, we high five and play music when anyone gets a win, and we really, really love balloons.

Cons

There are not many cons that come to mind, but I'd have to say that while having three office locations is absolutely great and necessary for the work we do, it did take awhile to get to know my co-workers in the other offices. I know their names and phone voices to a T, but putting a face to a name took just a little more time!

6. LaSalle Network is a wonderful work environment with potential for growth!

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LaSalle Network has only had a positive impact on my life. I have grown professionally and personally since working here. The company culture is unlike any other, in the best way possible! All of the employees, no matter their title or tenure, are welcoming and caring. It is a place where everyone wants to be there everyday and work hard. There is a positive energy in the office that is motivating and inspiring. There is a sense of leadership amongst each employee. The management team is there for you and will do what it takes to help you achieve your career goals. There are wonderful incentives and rewards, big and small, for succeeding. There is huge room for advancement within this company if you are dedicated, hardworking and love what you do!

Cons

The long hours can be draining so if you are not committed to your career and are only looking for a 9-5, this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! The many things you all do day-to-day are inspiring.

7. Always had opportunities to work available and overall friendly, helpful staff.

Former Employee - Receptionist in Oak Brook, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Receptionist in Oak Brook, IL (US)

I worked at The LaSalle Network

Pros

Gave me temporary work in areas that I was comfortable in for reputable companies. Continued to offer jobs for the entire summer.

Cons

Did not always seem to communicate with the companies that I was going to work for, such as dress code and number of hours to work.

8. Incredibly hard work; incredibly rewarding workplace

Current Employee - N/A in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - N/A in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Have never worked someplace with more recognition, support, and reward. If you work hard and give it your all, LSN will absolutely recognize you, promote you, and push you to do more.
    ALSO the majority of the management and executives are women, although the CEO is a man - the office is very family-friendly, flexible to family needs, and very well run.
    People are SMART here. Not only hard-working, driven... but actually SMART.

Managers are chosen based on merit not on tenure, so nobody has a manager who shouldn't be in that position.

Company culture is great - very tight knit culture, very unique. Energy is high every day, and people are excited to come to work EVERY day. People actually care about their work, whether they're running payroll or recruiting for C-Level positions.

Cons

Not much.... the hours are absolutely long, and you won't get a ton of holidays off...be ready for that.
    The company culture is very specific... there are a lot of diverse personalities, but if you don't fit, it's clear.

Advice to Management

I honestly don't have much..

Jan 25, 2015Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thank you so much for your feedback and compliments about the work environment. We pride ourselves on rewarding our employees and promoting from within, so it's great to hear those are a few of the ... More

9. A Place to Grow

I have been working at The LaSalle Network

Pros

LaSalle is an amazing place. The culture is unparalleled to any other organization. The people are kind, hardworking and smart. Management is supportive, helpful and caring. They spend a lot of time and effort in the growth and development of each employee and promote within.

Cons

If you cannot keep up with a fast paced environment or are not interested in working long hours to see results; then LaSalle is not for you. If you are looking for a place to carve out a career and work hard to do so; then you have found the place!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Feb 09, 2015Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing! We try to invest in our employees, so it's great to hear that is one of the things you like about working at LaSalle!

10. Work hard, play hard

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at LaSalle demands that you have a strong work ethic. You will put in long days, but are able to learn a lot from experienced leaders and mentors. You must be dedicated to putting in 12+ hour days and have passion for what you are working on. The perks are nice and the culture makes for a lot of fun.

Cons

If you are looking for 9-5 job, this isn't for you. You will need to work very hard to keep up.

The perfect frat house job with little pay.

Current Employee - Researcher in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Researcher in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is filled with plenty of beautifully lost young people who are always looking to party and get drunk or high so hanging out outside of work is always an entertaining, You never know what you're going to see. Even IN the office, since there is a keg in the kitchen and bottles of alcohol on nearly every desk in the office.

Cons

The hours make you a slave to the company and you further Tom Gimbel's dream of being a millionaire. He runs the place like a frat house so being a "yesman" is key if you want to get noticed or be seen as one of the cool kids. They try and unknowingly brainwash you into being a peppy cheerleader Or "LaSallian" that has no real personality but is afraid to stand up for themselves during any meetings when disrespectful comments are being hurled from upper management's mouth. Gossip is everyone's favorite past time here and upper management is hypocritical in their leadership appearance. Racism runs rampant here in the way they talk about candidates they've interviewed for internal and external positions. If you are an individual of any race other than white, good luck here. It going to be hard for you guys...No one will tell you, but you will sense it everyday until they let you go for a fabricated politically correct reason. I've personally seen it and am about to walk out during lunch and never come back. I hate this job with all my heart. I would quit now but I don't have another one yet. Oh, and you WILL be looked down upon for taking an hour lunch break especially if you're not seated at your desk the entire time...

Advice to Management

You need to baptize the entire company and start over.

Mar 30, 2015Manager, Marketing & Communications

I personally answer all my critics with an open door policy, and wish you would have expressed your opinions and feelings with your name to me and/or our HR department in person. That being said, our ... More

The LaSalle Network Photos