The LaSalle Network

4.2

Tom Gimbel

Work Hard, Play Hard

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the best things about working at LaSalle is the company culture that they've built. While there may be various office locations and multiple departments, everyone works cohesively together and is genuinely invested in trying to help each other out. Whether it may be staying an extra hour to assist another project manager with reports, or taking on an additional project, everyone is very passionate and dedicated to their jobs here. And because of that, the company is very generous about rewarding us for our hard work! We have great company-wide events that give us a chance to not only bond with our clients, but have a really great time with each other.

Cons

With it being a "work hard, play hard" type of environment, you definitely do work HARD. Since it is a pretty demanding industry, the hours typically tend to be long and you feel like you're moving at 100 mph most of the time. So for those who are looking for a great work/life balance, this might not be the place for you. It can get draining at times, but it's not so bad when you're doing it with people whose company you really enjoy :)

Higher compensation packages based off of all the work we do.

Sep 22, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for your feedback.

Solid, Growing Company with Great People

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Every single person that works here is hard-working and driven, which you don't get many other places. It's very team-oriented here and everyone jumps in to help out when needed. Building relationships with employees both inside and outside of work is highly encouraged, and it's extremely common to see strong friendships form outside of work with teammates. The benefits are nice - good health/dental package, fair PTO, fun company events, catered lunch every Thursday. Management and HR are very easy to talk to, and if things aren't working out they will work hard to find a role, either internally or externally, that will work. We work a split desk, so if you're not interested in sales, you can be a part of the recruiting team. We are also salaried and not commissioned. It's a fast-paced environment with a lot going on!

Cons

Work-life balance can be challenging if you want to work the typical 8-5, though I do think management is working to make things a lot better here. When I first started I was easily working from 11-12 hours many days. And while things can get very busy and longer hours may be necessary to meet strict deadlines during large projects, it has gotten better and is encouraged to get out of the office at a reasonable time (reasonable still meaning 5:30-6, so you're looking at a 10-hour day). Suburban offices can tend to feel left out on random company gatherings and overall recognition for hard work, since the vast majority of the staff works out of the HQ in downtown. Thus there can be a lot of favoritism as employees can build better relationships with upper management and C-level executives since they're working side-by-side in the same office. A lot of times big achievements (and projects that bring in A LOT of business) by individuals that put a lot of hard work and hours into seem to go overlooked. Salary tends to be fair here but sometimes the bonuses are difficult to achieve for certain teams and offices. There are groups that see bonuses in the thousands each and every quarter while other teams see a couple hundred dollars here and there. What works for one team in one office may not work for other teams in other offices, as business is sold differently in different locations. Turnover can be an issue (mostly due to work-life balance), though I think LaSalle Network has a better rate than other firms. Change is the only constant here, which can be a pro or a con to different people. The hiring process can also be daunting.

See "Cons" section.

Sep 22, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback!

Great company culture filled with like-minded, hard working individuals.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Oak Brook, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Oak Brook, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture! Like-minded, hard working individuals who I not only call co-workers, but also friends. LaSalle has offered me a career opportunity that I have yet to see anywhere else. It is truly a place where your hard work pays off and gets recognized. The team based approach to recruiting ensures a positive work environment where everyone is willing to jump in and help each other out. I am forever grateful for the opportunity that has been presented.

Cons

Agency recruiting as a whole requires long days and making yourself available outside of normal business hours. I have never been required to stay "late" but have simply chosen to hold myself accountable and put in the time that is required to get the job done.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The People Make the Difference

Current Employee - Sales  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

LaSalle is a place that rewards hard work. You hear a lot about our culture, and yes, we have fun parties, celebrations, incentives, trips, etc. However, the parties aren't what keep me here - the people do. The celebrations are a result/reward of people working hard, giving their all, and grinding it out every day to reach a common goal. People here have a few important traits in common - they are smart, hard working, loyal, and fun. Companies that have a staff of mostly revenue generators/sales roles often times deal with people who are selfish and cut throat, but LaSalle has none of that. It is truly a supportive, team based environment. You have access to upper management at all times and a lot of opportunity for career progression. If you want to work for a company where you feel like you're a part of something, where your hard work is recognized and rewarded, and where your team and peers consistently support you, then LaSalle is the place to be. Work hard, and you'll be taken care of. Plus, you'll make some great friends and get some great perks along the way.

Cons

Not a place for someone who wants a 9-5.

Sep 07, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and share your insight into working at LaSalle Network!

Endless Career Growth!

Current Employee - Manager of Major Accounts  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Manager of Major Accounts in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

LaSalle Network is a collaborative, team based professional services firm that gives their employees all the tools to be successful and grow their careers. Over 90% of our management has been groomed from within, which goes to show that the opportunities for upward mobility are endless. Our company culture is second to none, which was showcased by Crain’s Chicago in their annual “Best Places to Work” publication. We do a great job of celebrating individual achievements along with companywide success when we accomplish our goals. LaSalle offers excellent benefits and an aggressive compensation plan.

Cons

There aren't many cons in my opinion...if you're willing to roll up your sleeves, work hard and aren't afraid to fail it is incredibly rewarding. LaSalle Network gives it's employees ample opportunities to shine and has always been transparent when there are deficiencies with an employees work product or attitude.

Keep motivating us to be our best and we'll do everything possible to execute on your strategy!

Sep 02, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Sales  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

What you put in, you get out--LaSalle invests in its employees for the long run which is why it is not the typical churn and burn recruiting firm. Employees are supported, encouraged, coached and given all the tools you need to be successful. The sky is the limit in terms of earning potential, and management will listen to your ideas and issues. This is a place that wants to help develop its employees professionally but also personally. I consider LaSalle family and couldn't imagine working elsewhere.

LaSalle is a place where you can be yourself, be goofy and creative while having the drive and motivation to do well.

Cons

There is no 401k match.

Keep up the good work---the constant support and acknowedgment from leadership keeps people engaged and loyal.

Great place to work and learn - plus an amazing culture.

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager/Team Lead  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager/Team Lead in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at The LaSalle Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The team at LaSalle is like no place I've worked before or since. Though the hours are long, it doesn't seem so stressful when you're working alongside people you truly call your friends. LaSalle does a great job of hiring really smart and motivated people internally, which means there is always someone who has your back and can help you out in a pinch, and always someone to learn from. I felt very supported there, and felt that my achievements were recognized. I was new to the business world when I started and often reflect on how much LaSalle taught me. Meeting my husband there was just icing on the cake. :)

Cons

The hours are long (expect 10+ hour workdays) but the culture makes it worthwhile.

Make sure you have enough staff so that no one is stretched too thin and BDM's orders get filled - everyone will be happier and thus more productive that way. Try as hard as you can to maintain the great culture you've established, even as you grow... working alongside people with positive attitudes was so critical!!

Great Place to Work

I have been working at The LaSalle Network

Pros

The amount of hard work that everyone exhibits is amazing. People put in a lot of time and effort toward being successful here which is very admirable. The environment/culture is very friendly, warm, and upbeat which makes it so enjoyable.

Cons

If you're afraid of working hard and doing what it takes to get the job done, then this is not the place for you. Work ethic is important at LaSalle Network as it is with majority of other companies.

Aug 18, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Best Company I've Worked For...

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Room for growth- I was promoted in 2 years
    - Management has an open door policy - you can bring concerns, new ideas, etc. and they will always take the time to hear you out
    - If you come up with a new idea on how to change the way things are done, you have the power to implement it! A group of us came up with an idea to implement a mentorship program, got the leadership team behind us and rolled it out to the whole company. It's been going strong for a year and has great reviews!
    - Culture. This is huge, and unless you've been with a company with a poor culture, you don't realize how much this matters!

Cons

The hours can be a little long, but if you think about it we are working with people who are currently employed and need to be available to them outside of business hours. The more you put into recruiting, the more you get out of it- it's not for everyone!

A great place for your career

I have been working at The LaSalle Network full-time

Pros

All in all, LaSalle has been a great place to work. It is a place where you walk in to work genuinely happy to see the folks that you surround yourself with every day. In this industry, the team-based and collaborative approach to recruiting is a rarity, and precipitates an environment where you work hard not only for your own success, but for the successes of your friends/co-workers that you are surrounded by. Hard work pays off, as recognition and rewards are an important part of work here. It is definitely a "work hard, play hard" type of environment. With incentive trips such as San Francisco, company wide parties such as LaSallemas, and other like perks throughout the year, LaSalle makes sure that it takes care of its employees from a fun/social/culture perspective. The genuine passion and dedication from executive leadership seeps down into everyone who buys in and really drives the energy, care, compassion, and drive that most LaSallians share. I am definitely happy to be working here.

Cons

It is not a "clock in, clock out" type position... You have to be willing to work hard, and put in longer hours than a typical 9-5er. Also, while I find it hard to have being friends with and enjoying your co-workers a negative, some people really like to separate professional life from personal. While there is room for that separation here, the people who get the most out of LaSalle's culture are the people who get to know, socialize, and become friends with those around them.

Aug 10, 2014Manager, Marketing & Communications

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your opinion!

Worked for The LaSalle Network? Contribute to the Community!