Thornton Tomasetti

Be The First To
Add Photos

Thornton Tomasetti Chairman & CEO Tom Z. Scarangello

Tom Z. Scarangello

Great projects and new learning experiences but overworked and lack of progression in compensation

Associate (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

ProsProjects are varied and interesting. Work with very talented staff all over the country. Depth of new learning is incredible.

ConsThe work load is very intense and the compensation is not necessarily commensurate with the personal sacrifice to meet deadlines and project commitments.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward those who are working hard in the trenches or acquire additional staff to share the load. Focus less on sustainability, which adds cost to the company, and more on profitability which should translate in better compensation all the way down to the employees performing work. Compensate employees for overtime.

My first work experience after graduation in one of the best engineering firm.

Engineer (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsChallenging environment with unique large scale project. You will find yourself working in team with young, kind and smart people always willing to take the time to help you out or sit with you to go over a problem. Working in this company you will see a wide range of aspect of this job, from the basic ones down to the most complex details and solutions.

ConsThe reward never comes for free, serious commitment to the project deliveries as well as towards your coworkers is required to everyone. High requirements in terms of multitasking and ability to work under pressure with lack of sufficient time.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my honest opinion the management needs to be more developed to avoid gaps in the hierarchy within the office and articulate the task force in a wiser way to avoid overloading of the employers as well as potential loss of interest in the job or profession.

TT Review

ProsDiversity of projects, large scale projects, travel opportunities

ConsBiggest challenge is work/life balance

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsThe group I worked with was great. My manager was amazing and taught me so much. Location is good, lots of restaurants around.

ConsPay is awful. Benefits are not great. If you aren't an engineer, you're viewed as worthless to anyone in management

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge the non-engineers

The friendliest engineering company I've worked for.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat opportunity to move up

ConsExperience may not be the most popular or transferable with other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great, but the only fly by idea/suggestion I would have for management is to sponsor a study group for younger engineers to get their professional engineering license. Having a PE will make management look good as well as the employees that carry them and the company in general.

Great company that takes care of its staff

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat resources, computers, benefits, and management

ConsBreakfast is provided only once per month.

Great company with high quality and high aspirations

ProsHigh profile projects, challenging projects, lots of resources, great offices, well respected, intelligent engineers, good support staff, global reach

ConsTT is a very large company that can reduced prospects of moving up the hierarchy and staying with the comapny for a long time

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't expand too fast

Great place to start a career.

Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsLots of interesting projects and good mentors. There are many intelligent people to learn from. Having TT on your resume is a plus to many employers and clients.

ConsSalaries are not very competitive. If you do not ask for what you are worth then they are willing to pay you as low as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay should be commensurate with the status of the firm. It is not a privilege to work there.

Great place to work!

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsWilling to support you in whatever you want to do. Very pro personal development.

ConsSalaries are not quite as competitive as they could be.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your employees feel a bit more like you care about their loyalty.

Challenging. Interesting people and projects.

Accounting (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsFlexibility. Challenging when it should be. It never gets boring. I enjoy the people I work with, and there are always interesting projects to work on.

ConsManagement has high expectations. As they should, their expectations are reasonable. I do work a lot of overtime, but that is because I want to succeed.

Advice to Senior Management...

Worked for Thornton Tomasetti? Contribute to the Community!