Ticketmaster

www.ticketmaster.com

Ticketmaster Reviews in Los Angeles, CA US

Updated Mar 28, 2014

Jared Smith

Pros
  • Most of the people are great to be around and a joy to work with(in 10 reviews)

• Free tickets to shows (if you are London based - don't expect much in satellite offices)(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance needs improvement(in 6 reviews)

• Upper Management has no clue how things in the field offices actually work(in 10 reviews)

47 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great to good to worse to good again

Marketing (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsGreat clients (the best live entertainment utilizes TM systems and services), get to have your finger on the pulse of the live entertainment, represent the best ticketing system in the insustry

Consmergers led to poor combination of company cultures. Silo-ed business practices and lack of interest in the mid-to small client needs creates frustration and lack of direction.

Advice to Senior Managementrevisit the company mission statement and enhance the company culture to improve all around performance of everyone responsible for making the company succeed.

Good people, sometimes feels like the company has ADD

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hollywood, CA (US)

ProsPeople want to do great things. There are some great people here and by and large, everyone wants to do great things.

ConsBenefits aren't really the best here. Sometimes the company feels like it has ADD and can't really focus on things.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation and benefits practices need to be in line with other tech companies. Need to stop letting bowling balls detract us from our long term objectives.

Work is hard but they allow us to play hard as well. Lots of fun activities.

Senior Director (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsTechnology drives this company pretty much

ConsToo much overload at times.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsFlexible Hours, lackluster pay. Was in college while I worked for Ticketmaster so I appreciated the flexibility and the ability to leave early if it was slow.

ConsManagement is extremely top heavy, atmosphere was very hierarchal.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy suggestion to management is to work on ways to improve employee moral, there was a high turnover rate when I was an employee.

Financial Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hollywood, CA (US)

Proscasual work environment....2 weeks off in the winter.....various parties for holidays, football events ect...

Conspoor management cohesion, poor systems, nothing is streamlined manipulating data is very manual and time consuming... systems are no where near helpful to managements ask.....nothing is consistent

Advice to Senior ManagementUPDATE SYSTEMS!!!!

Database Administrator

Database Administrator (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsBest infrastructure with thousands of databases, Highly cutting edge technologies with multiple databases knowledge

ConsModerate to slow personal career growth rate

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Great place to work if you like the ticketing and entertainment business

Product Manager (Current Employee) Hollywood, CA (US)

ProsOpportunity to be promoted if you show you care, work hard and are on board with management's plan. Some weekends and long hours when deliveries are due, but nothing different from any other software company. Open vacation policy for manager level and above. Take as much time as you need or just to rest without feeling guilty. Coworkers are fun and there are opportunities to hang out after work if you want to. Office environments are good. Kitchens on every floor and a huge lunch room. Places to work outside of your cubicle if you need privacy. Cubicles are spacious and the building is fairly modern.

ConsLike a lot of big companies they are looking for a quick fix to a long term problem. Lots of work to do, but hiring consultants will only waste time and money. They need to hire people with experience and trust them to make it happen. Sometimes they forget that ticketing is a unique skill set that not many people know or care to learn. That being said, this was slowly changing before I left.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people in the trenches. They know what customers want. Stay in tune with your employees to anticipate issues so you can be proactive about concerns.

enjoyed the work; but some entrenched management sometimes inflexible

Program Manager (Former Employee) West Hollywood, CA (US)

ProsLot's of stuff going on, which can present multiple opportunities to those that are motivated and interested in branching out. The Ticketmaster side of the house is very structured and has a high amount of process discipline (required for a major e-commerce site). The Live Nation side is more agile and creative (great for those that are motivated and flexible).

ConsPMO managers often inflexible to adopt methodologies which would benefit a particular project. IMO, the rigid process ultimately hamstrung my project, and unfortunately the project stalled after a sizable effort and cost was spent.

Lots of Product Managers with Director in their title who did not contribute at that level. Project Managers contributing at a high level and hitting it out of the park not recognized for their achievements and contributions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't give all Product Managers a Director position. Director level managers should be reserved for those who manage other people or who manage a portfolio of products / product line. Promote Project Managers based on their effectiveness / achievement, and not based on personal relationships.

Great environment, Mgmt doesn't seem to get it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) West Hollywood, CA (US)

ProsMost of the people are great to be around and a joy to work with. It's a great work environment and, for the most part, it's relaxed and friendly.

ConsUpper management doesn't seem to pay much attention to the actual work and troubles of the lower level. Too many meetings. Too many reports. Almost no action to correct the obvious problems. Compensation is rather low. Very low, considering the type and amount of work involved. Most other companies offer more pay for much less work and responsibility. Morale can tend to be low and not much is done raise it.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the little guy. Don't play favorites. Try to pay employees what they're worth instead of what looks better on a spreadsheet.

Not what I signed up for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

Pros- The company is aimed at trying to change the wrongs of its past

Cons- Highly Political
    - Mgmt plays games rather than getting things done often
    - Comp is on the low end
    - Apathy and 'freeloader' attitude is rampant throughout the company
    - Lots of firedrills; priorities shift constantly depending on mgmts mood this week

Advice to Senior ManagementFire and hire; Sack incurable politicians, cull the apathetic, and replace with go getters

Worked for Ticketmaster? Contribute to the Community!