Time Warner Reviews

Updated 20 August 2014

3.5

Time Warner President, CEO, and Director Jeff Bewkes
Jeff Bewkes

Pros
  • They emphasize work-life balance, I never felt pressured to work longer hours (than necessary) in order to succeed (in 13 reviews)

• Great benefits, training as well as vacation time (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Also there isn't a lot of room for growth within some of the departments (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management on some teams should not be there (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

Current Employee - Senior Associate, Manager and Senior Marketing Manager  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate, Manager and Senior Marketing Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Time Warner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People at Time Inc are great. Everyone is smart, knowledgeable about the industry and works very hard. The company is ahead of the game within the digital stratosphere. Great at diversifying the company.

Cons

They don't make it particularly easy to move between titles. They would bring an outsider in before shifting internally. Trying to get a promotion is like pulling teeth!

Allow employees to make internal shifts at least after a year. It will keep things fresh and keep bodies inside the building.

Amazing building, Great supervisor but upper management is strange

Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Help Desk Analyst in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Time Warner full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great perkrs in such a nice building on 58 and 8th avenue. Easy walk to train even in bad weather, Job allows you to grow if you are willing to work hard.

Cons

Not interested in cross training, Upper management tries to intimidate workers and constantly reminds you of how lucky you are to have a job there. Company outsources tons of work so soon the help desk will be gone and only desktop support will be there.

Support your staff more, consider cross training so you can build the talent you have.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Time Warner full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great location in NYC, great culture & work/life balance, smart & fun people, great benefits, good opportunity for career advancement

Cons

Like most companies, benefits are changing, but still better then most!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company

I have been working at Time Warner for more than 8 years

Pros

Low pay and expectations are excessive

Cons

Management is bad, they do not support their workers

Step up and listen like you tell your teams

HIgh Pressure Environment.

I worked at Time Warner

Pros

Great bonuses, and free services.

Cons

There is such high pressure to sell that many of the reps started to develop less than ethical practices. Some of these practices were encouraged by supervision. Also not enough emphasis on customer satisfaction leads to all host of issues to tech appoints, to customer's accounts being messed up. To me this company is the epitome of what is wrong with the corporate culture today. Greed and short term quarterly gains in stead of long term success and a decent company ethos.

Nothing problems with this company are mostly due to laws that put stockholder profits first. All issues are systemic.

Sweet

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Time Warner full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Diversity. Time Warner is very inclusive and does an excellent job hiring and developing minority talent. The benefits are great, pay is solid. Executive Management is very grounded and that sensibility trickles down throughout lower management and the rest of the company.

Cons

Career growth is stagnant. There is a lot of talk about talent development and promoting from within, yet internal candidates often lose out to externals.

People who work here are lifers, which limits growth opportunities. The lifer mentality also restricts innovation.

Editor/Producer

Current Employee - Editor  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Editor in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Time Warner full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great place to work, great health and other benefits

Cons

Nothing to con about. at this time.

Great experience. They have great resources for career development and HR policies.

Former Employee - Designer  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Designer in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Time Warner full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, career training, and facilities/office. Stable environment. No need to be worried about the company going out of business. Good, happy co-workers. Good place to have work-life balance.

Cons

Can be difficult to understand office politics and how to move up if it's your first corporate job. There were several rounds of lay-offs, but were handled pretty well.

Promote those that work for you that are doing well. Suggest education through HR classes constantly and allow time and culture to have the time for them to take these classes. Helps working with co-workers and understanding bosses and your own situation immensely.

A wonderful place to build a career

Former Employee - Director  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Time Warner full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working for this major media company is an excellent career move. You collaborate with smart people, and the projects you work on touch millions. Time Warner has worldwide recognition and you actually feel proud of telling people where you work. I felt like I could have worked there my entire career. They emphasize work-life balance, I never felt pressured to work longer hours (than necessary) in order to succeed.

Cons

It's a large company - standing out and making a name for yourself can be a challenge. Bureaucracy and a top heavy management makes it difficult for agile and innovative ideas to move ahead quickly. It's a very safe-place to work, they'd prefer keeping with the status quo rather than taking risks and shifting the company in new uncharted directions.

Top executives should reach out more often to employees to hear what they have to say (town hall forums). Demonstrate follow-through in performance reviews by rewarding high-achievers.

Great Benefits, Stressful environment

Current Employee - Construction Manager
    Current Employee - Construction Manager

I have been working at Time Warner full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits, good pay, safe, challenging environment

Cons

Stressful, constant change, too big to operate efficiently

We are over-taxing employees. I understand that running lean is important to our bottom line, but there needs to be a limit.

Worked for Time Warner? Contribute to the Community!