Times Publishing Co.

Times Publishing Co. Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paul C. Tash

Good company to start your career

Webmaster (Current Employee)
Erie, PA (US)

I have been working at Times Publishing Co. full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmall company - you get to know almost everyone
Opportunities to learn about how your role in the company affects the business as a whole

ConsNot a lot of opportunities to advance
Understaffed in many areas - IT, newsroom, marketing to be specific

Times Publishing Co.

I have been working at Times Publishing Co.

ProsThe Staff is very helpful to new people. Great room for advancement, My first month there I was offered another job but declined to continue working up the department I am assigned too.

ConsStaffer turnover rate is high partly because they will not start anyone full-time. The department I am in starts new people at 18 hours, but after you "prove" yourself a 1000 hour spot should be no problem.

Newspapers are failing becuase they missed the opportunity to bring themselves out of the dark ages 25 years ago.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

I worked at Times Publishing Co.

ProsThe quality of the news reports are excellent.

ConsManagement does not respect or care about workers at the low end of pay the scale. Approximately 60% of total compensation goes to upper management. It is an organization that does like change. It is best to do as you are told and forget about expressing your opinion. If you do express your opinion and disagree with the establishment , it will cost you in the end.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of your middle managers that "brow beat" the employees.

Great Place for an Internship

Editorial (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Times Publishing Co.

ProsAs an intern, you can be given a lot of responsibility and opportunities to prove yourself. Also, upper-level employees are very supportive and willing to share career information and advice. One of the best features of the summer internship program is the speaker series, when various people from different magazines and positions within the company at large come and tell the inter class about their career paths, what's going on in the industry, and how to achieve what they've achieved. Another nice aspect of working at Time Inc seems to be that once you're within the company, it's fairly easy to move around between different brands.

ConsThis is the case in most of the magazine industry, but obviously the pay isn't amazing at the lower levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Times Publishing Co.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Times Publishing Co. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Times Publishing Co. CEO Paul C. Tash. All reviews posted anonymously by Times Publishing Co. employees.