Toni & Guy

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Education , Amazing Corporate Leadership

Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsEducation
    Retail Knowlage
    Marketing
    Business Skills
    Customer Service training

ConsLeadership not getting a good example for younger staff

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example

Good education, poor pay....Unless your ready to be a slave to Toni&Guy...look elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood education, good education, good education

ConsLow Pay, salon staff does not tip assistants, many people working there work ALL DAY to make anything...not a good place for someone who has a family...or a life out side of work..

Experience...

ProsIf you are looking for experience, this is definitely the place to go. You work on anything they might need next which can range from interior design to billboard all the way to online banner and web micro-sites.

ConsExperience is definitely the only pay off. You don't get payed as much, because they work with a skeleton crew you find yourself doing everything and management usually does not understand their roles in the company so their is a constant shift in titles and positions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not protecting their brand

ProsIt is nice to get free hair services, including color.

ConsNo work life balance, no training, no pay for overtime- this is a franchise so may not be true of all locations. However, Toni & Guy corporate is not protecting their brand and making sure that the franchisees are delivering on the promises of the company name.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck in on your franchisees and make sure that they are conforming to your brand requirements. I work in one of the Hairdressing Academies, and it looks nothing like the images that are promoted by your website. The students are kind of getting the curriculum that they are promised during their admissions meetings, but my school is nothing like I expected it to be based on learning about the history of Toni&Guy and the education division.

Great education

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExpert training, artistic and trade show experience. Learn how to create artistic photos and create top notch trendy hair fashions. Compensation is fair.

ConsGrowth is reserved for certain individuals. Environment can tend to get snobby at times, if you do not have a "thick skin", you may not want to apply.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe clear on your expectations, don't pick favorites based on gender or appearance.

Only get so far in your career

Technician (Current Employee)

ProsGreat work environment and as far as salons go, best place to work for stability.

ConsIts a huge corporation so you're just a number and corporate lets you know you can easily be replaced. You will only get so far in this company. You will never be able to progress past a certain point.

Lots of fun Great Networking

Receptionist (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsGreat Networking! Everyone wants a cute haircut and color, so they go to one of the most famous names out there. Coworkers were nice and the potential to move up is definitely there if you make the effort

ConsLoads of drama. Too many managers for too few employees. We had five managers for a staff of 20 (including them) and that was so excessive.

Sociable

Colourist (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsCreative environment to work in

ConsWork balance is something that one wasn't desired

Okay place

Assistant (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsEducation, nice co workers, good hours

ConsEverything is lame, management sucks.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat coworkers well

Very Bad Experience

Salon Manager (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsI enjoyed the education and corporate events

ConsThe way your spoke to by owners, not allowing you to grow

Advice to Senior Managementsell your share back to corporate

Worked for Toni & Guy? Contribute to the Community!