Towers Watson

Towers Watson Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Towers Watson CEO John Haley

John Haley

Pros
  • I like that they focus a lot on employee health and work/ life balance(in 22 reviews)

• Smart professionals, great working environment and work/life balance(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance (there is none) - Long hours/weekend work(in 40 reviews)

• No work life balance during peak seasons(in 8 reviews)

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCoworkers are intelligent, helpful, and very friendly. Everyone is very hardworking and willing to assist in any way that they can.

ConsDemanding clients and work atmosphere sometimes cause unnecessary stress. You frequently have competing projects that both demand your full attention so good time management skills are key.

Investment Line of business

Junior Investment Consultant (Current Employee) Rome (Italy)

ProsThere's lots of learning and a friendly working environment.

ConsIn italy not well developed

Good place to work

Consulting Actuary (Current Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

ProsSalary is fair. Lots of interesting work

ConsLonger hours can be expected

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDedicated to give interns wide exposure to different areas of the practice.

ConsSame as any other consulting firms, billable hours seem to be a tricky thing but it did not affect interns much.

very rewarding experience

Data Analyst Internship (Current Employee) Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

ProsI really learn a lot through the internship experience. no only with the data analysis but also get involved in different projects.

ConsMaybe the work is a little challenging at the beginning but it is worth it. I really like the experience and helps me a lot!

An astute professional with 5 years of experience in Food & Beverage Department in Hotel Industry with Msc Hotel Mgt.

Communication & Change Management Analyst (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsFor Knowledge, Flagship Company, Carrier, Salary, For my Prestige.

ConsTo increase the shareholder value and maximize profit by improving the operational efficiencies and Maximum utilization for the available resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to improve because Changes & improvement will not stop anywhere. So all over the world even all small towns also need to know about our Organisations. We need to work Smart & Hard.

A wild ride

ProsThere is a lot to be proud of in TW. There is truly an intense focus on doing what's best for clients and there is a lot of opportunity to grow for people who are very bright and self-motivated.

ConsWe have gotten very big and it can be difficult to stay connected with colleagues. Account Directors have so many different services to understand they can sometimes oversimplify our offerings to clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focused on what associates really care about - the opportunity to do great work and have an impact on clients

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bloomington, MN (US)

ProsFlexible hours, still has a pension plan, and company is growing. Everyone that I work with is very knowledgable and very helpful.

ConsHigh stress at times since I work on many clients. Low pay for the amount of hours and stress you put in.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to your current employee and reward those that deserve it.

Amazing people, great diverse experiences

Proswork flexibility, travel opportunities, great senior leaders, international company, great colleagues

Constight /strict deadlines, work life balance can be compromised

Great place to start a career

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

Pros- Compensation was above-average
    - Training opportunities were excellent
    - Ability to work on the most prestigious, complex clients on a daily basis
    - Exposure to the world of consulting is something that is applicable to just about any path you wish to pursue
    - Very flexible work schedule
    - Ability to work from home when needed

Cons- Too much emphasis on billable hours; hours targets are unrealistic unless you continue to work outside the office and on weekends
    - Spend too much time putting out fires and not enough time concentrating on the task at hand
    - Bonus opportunities are lacking... not much of an incentive to put in additional hours after you hit your hours target because there's very little upside opportunity
    - It's a bit of an "old boy's club" - most of the good opportunities and promotions seem to go to the favorites rather than the most dedicated and hard-working.

Advice to Senior Management- Absolutely need more advancement opportunities. Promotions only come when there's a need for it and seem to go to the favorites, and the company has (at least for lower level employees) a reputation for being a great place to start a career but not a great place to build a career. If you're not on the fast-track, the only way to move up is to move out.
    - Need to judge performance on a total picture of an employee rather than how many hours they bill. Quantity does not necessarily mean quality.
    - You're very lucky that your employees tend to be very loyal to their colleagues and their managers. Listen to what they have to say.

Worked for Towers Watson? Contribute to the Community!