Towers Watson

Towers Watson Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Towers Watson CEO John Haley

John Haley

Pros
  • I like that they focus a lot on employee health and work/ life balance (in 22 reviews)

• Smart professionals, great working environment and work/life balance (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance (there is none) - Long hours/weekend work (in 40 reviews)

• No work life balance during peak seasons (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Great stepping stone into a consulting career but LOTS of internal issues

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsReally smart people, very 'client first', brand name looks good on a resume, lots of client exposure

ConsPay is not competitive with other firms, senior leadership is completely out of touch with lower level employees, hyper-competitive "blame" environment, lack of recognition, culture of favoritism, lack of top-down communication, lack of career development and growth opportunities, lack of incentives to stay, impossible billable goals, lower level employees are systemically unhappy, no work-life balance, no on-boarding process

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to what your lower level employees say and make tangible changes, the fact that there is zero communication top-down or acknowledgement of external challenges/issues make the work environment toxic. You know what employees are saying (org surveys etc) take the time to actually do something about it or expect to lose more people. You can't pay people next to nothing, treat them poorly, and expect them to stick around for very long. This is a company (or at least LOB) wide issue.

Reseracher

ProsYou can learn a lot from knowledgeable industry experts.

ConsPay is below comparable opportunities.

Great colleagues, shame about the managment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsWorked with mostly a nice bunch of people, good office locations in London, get to work alongside some very knowledgeable people. One definite plus is the name looks good on your CV if nothing else.

ConsUnderstaffed for most of the time I was there and found it to be very old boys network, if they or the senior people liked you you did well, if not tough luck and no chance of moving up. Non existent work life balance. Not great on bonus payments

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOne of the prominent companies in the space

Conswork-life balance could be improved

Professional team and incredibly diligent and smart.

Consultant (Current Employee) Boston, MA (US)

ProsProfessional, smart, diligent, lots of resources, team willing to help

Consnone so far - very satisfied with the environment and the team

Cheerful culture, good company to work

Prosnice smart people, good culture, true great company to work with

Consdont feel theres nothing worth to mention

Great company before merger, but still good now

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsColleagues are professional and smart. Reputation has already been built up, especially in the Exec Comp field. Top pay among peer companies, but definitely require top performance.

ConsLegacy Towers Perrin has a different culture with Legacy Watson Wyatt. After merger, there's culture conflict when team members are from two legacies. Also there's a organizational restructuring which does not bring any good to integration.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCoworkers are intelligent, helpful, and very friendly. Everyone is very hardworking and willing to assist in any way that they can.

ConsDemanding clients and work atmosphere sometimes cause unnecessary stress. You frequently have competing projects that both demand your full attention so good time management skills are key.

Good place to work

Account Director (Current Employee)

Pros-Great, friendly and smart people
    -Opportunity for continuous learning
    -Supportive leadership

Cons-Culture trends towards risk averse
    -Things take longer to change/accomplish than often necessary

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the open door policy and outreach to associates of all levels.

The people and nice and supportive.

Intern (Former Employee) Arlington, VA (US)

ProsReally great smart and caring people. There is a great work-life balance.

ConsEveryone is so busy with their own stuff there is not a lot of mentorship. People are also not considerate about your time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Worked for Towers Watson? Contribute to the Community!