Towers Watson

Towers Watson Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Towers Watson CEO John Haley

John Haley

Pros
  • I like that they focus a lot on employee health and work/ life balance (in 22 reviews)

• Smart professionals, great working environment and work/life balance (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance (there is none) - Long hours/weekend work (in 40 reviews)

• No work life balance during peak seasons (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

The people and nice and supportive.

Intern (Former Employee) Arlington, VA (US)

ProsReally great smart and caring people. There is a great work-life balance.

ConsEveryone is so busy with their own stuff there is not a lot of mentorship. People are also not considerate about your time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCoworkers are intelligent, helpful, and very friendly. Everyone is very hardworking and willing to assist in any way that they can.

ConsDemanding clients and work atmosphere sometimes cause unnecessary stress. You frequently have competing projects that both demand your full attention so good time management skills are key.

Investment Line of business

Junior Investment Consultant (Current Employee) Rome (Italy)

ProsThere's lots of learning and a friendly working environment.

ConsIn italy not well developed

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

Consulting Actuary (Current Employee) Detroit, MI (US)

ProsSalary is fair. Lots of interesting work

ConsLonger hours can be expected

Great company to work for!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDedicated to give interns wide exposure to different areas of the practice.

ConsSame as any other consulting firms, billable hours seem to be a tricky thing but it did not affect interns much.

An astute professional with 5 years of experience in Food & Beverage Department in Hotel Industry with Msc Hotel Mgt.

Communication & Change Management Analyst (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsFor Knowledge, Flagship Company, Carrier, Salary, For my Prestige.

ConsTo increase the shareholder value and maximize profit by improving the operational efficiencies and Maximum utilization for the available resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to improve because Changes & improvement will not stop anywhere. So all over the world even all small towns also need to know about our Organisations. We need to work Smart & Hard.

very rewarding experience

Data Analyst Internship (Current Employee) Guangzhou, Guangdong (China)

ProsI really learn a lot through the internship experience. no only with the data analysis but also get involved in different projects.

ConsMaybe the work is a little challenging at the beginning but it is worth it. I really like the experience and helps me a lot!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bloomington, MN (US)

ProsFlexible hours, still has a pension plan, and company is growing. Everyone that I work with is very knowledgable and very helpful.

ConsHigh stress at times since I work on many clients. Low pay for the amount of hours and stress you put in.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to your current employee and reward those that deserve it.

Clients ahead of employees, bad management skills.

Consultant (Former Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsGood location of office.

ConsManagers not pleasant to work for, treat staff like being a number. Boring job and work load too heavey for one person due to colleagues leaving and not being replaced.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better and be more approachable.

CSR

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

ProsHours, pay is ok. Not back to back calls like other companies.

ConsGrowing rapidly, attitudes can bring you down.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that center managers and team leads treat staff with respect. They tend to lose sight of that.

Worked for Towers Watson? Contribute to the Community!