TransUnion

Updated Jul 05, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jim Peck

Pros
  • They have good policies and management in place to support work/life balance(in 18 reviews)

• They pay and benefits are satisfactory (not great mind you)(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance exists, but is not the strongest the Chicago area(in 7 reviews)

• Too much red tape to get anything done(in 8 reviews)

Great experience!

Intern (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsRelaxed workplace gives me plenty of time to get things done and feel comfortable asking for more responsibilities. Open environment makes it easy to meet others in my department

ConsLimited time working with others--mostly on the computer with "busy work." Few exciting opportunities or projects. Only intern in my department doesn't allow me to meet others

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is working on intern housing, which would be great! General overview of what interns can be responsible for could help all departments

Great company to work for

Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsCurrent wtih techology and resources. Provided excelled tools for employees. Also provided extra benefits like paid parking, transit options (carpool, vanpool). Nice working location.

ConsSlightly removed from activities at corporate headquarters. Felt as if the division was not included in the decisions or activities. Of course location is an obstacle, but a trip to the corporate office would be a great perk for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude regional offices in activities as much as possible. Solicit input from all employees, even those with lower status or tenure. Senior management should make an effort to visit the different locaitons and be accesible to all employees.

doesn't value independent thinkers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Proscompany is enhancing the organization's infrastructure - some flexibility for work - life balance. Nice people for the most part.

Consthe company promotes people who aren't ready for promotions and then they don't receive training..so the blind leads the blind. overly concerned about the wrong things... too busy worrying about covering and justifying the work - which takes more time away from being able to get the work done.... too much reporting and "cya".... lack of entrepreneurial spirit and encouragement to think outside the box...

Advice to Senior Managementtrain your new managers to be managers. support the people who don't fit the cookie cutter mold and listen to their ideas as well. as employees age - value them - don't cast them aside.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

cold and uncaring of their associates

Manager (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Prosdecent benefits, the associates that still care or have not yet been termed or laid-off. new updated office environment.

Conspoor leadership, cold culture, new beliefs were established but the company does not follow them. They are cutting costs at all measures, usually through job eliminations instead of marketing and increasing sales. They have invested time and money in all the wrong things.

Advice to Senior Managementthe people have lost morale. Until they become a focus again, there will be lack of engagement and turnover.

Trying to become a modern company, but no one appears to be leading the charge

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Very profitable business model
    - Much more diverse business than most realize
    - Global opportunities, even at more junior levels
    - Modern office environment
    - Company is headed in the right direction

Cons- Lack of respect for work/life balance
    - Lack of leadership in key areas
    - Poor compensation
    - Old-boy culture - other than the head of HR, no female executives

Good Place to work.

Sales (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsWealth of good information to learn

ConsPay is good but raises are low.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo real advice to management

Happy working environment

ProsGood people, care management, good policy

Conswork life balance is not good. Too much work

Review

ProsExcellent people with tremendous passion for work

Consreporting interferes with the ability to do real work.

Company has great potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat work-life balance and perks. Senior management made a concerted effort to involve employees as it re-evaluated and revamped the goals and operations of the company.

ConsProcess-driven to the extent it gets in the way of simple tasks. Vacation, sick days and time-off days all lumped in one bucket.

Friendly and Professional Workplace

Software Developer Intern (Current Employee) Burlington, ON (Canada)

ProsCompany has many social activities for engagement from quarterly business Town Hall meetings to monthly summer BBQ's. Leadership is approachable and can tap anybody to share knowledge. Employees have telecommuting opportunity. Flexible working hours.

ConsThe hot chocolate in the Star Bucks machine is often out. On the serious side, it is difficult to plan team meetings due to how busy most individuals are with their own departments..

Advice to Senior ManagementExcellent opportunity for internship and experience a growing company that has their employees welfare at mind. Many employees have been here many years due to benefits and workplace atmosphere.

Worked for TransUnion? Contribute to the Community!