U.S. Bank

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.2 1,364 reviews

U.S. Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Richard K. Davis

Richard K. Davis

Pros
  • Work life balance is pretty good, most people friendly (not true in upper management) (in 80 reviews)

• There are lots of opportunities for advancement and lateral career changes (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • The areas that I have been in have not offered a good work/life balance (in 34 reviews)

• Upper management waits to deliver bad news until moment changes take place (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights
1,364 Employee Reviews

It was wonderful I liked it

Default Counselor (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsIts a real good position

ConsYou do have room for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementI fill that when you have left US BANK IN good standing you should get another opportunity.

It is a wonderful place to work.

Mortgage Team Leader (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsGreat growth opportunities and good development

ConsConservative pay and communication is not as open between areas as it should be

Had a great career there, learned a lot, a nice opportunity

Branch Manager IIl (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH (US)

ProsGood leadership to het support from. Has several resources to pull from for their employees from a product sales and service standpoint.

ConsCertain processes and procedures are lacking around hiring, training and human resources. Bank needs to upgrade their time line for the new hire process.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdjust the work-life/balance focus

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

Call Center Banker (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN (US)

ProsCare about employees, Growth opportunities

ConsI havent ran into any yet

I like this employer

Senior Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsStable environment, good pay, and supportive supervisors.

ConsHard to get a leadership position.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd diversity to your top management.

Good Company to work for.

Investor Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGood work atmosphere. Great work and life balance. Good flexible schedule.

ConsNo opportunity for advancement. Average pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat company's values. Stable company.

Great people

Accountant (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI (US)

Prosgreat people, opportunities for advancement

Consstagnant work, busy in AM, free time afterwards

Good Work Environment

Loan Officer (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT (US)

ProsWonderful people, management really cares about ideas or complaints and really do try to make a difference. As a part of US BANK Home Mortgage , products offered are wonderful and very competitive .

ConsUnderwriting turn times are too long. Customers and agents get frustrated.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more Underwriters and better appraisers .

Great Culture, Good Pay, Middle Management Could be Better

Proposal Writer (Former Employee) Milwaukee, WI (US)

ProsThere is definitely a pride around the bank's ethics, strong standing in the industry, and culture of service and kindness. The pay was also good, and there are opportunities to learn and grow if you're interested in the industry.

ConsSenior Management oversight was lacking in the sense that no feedback was a solicited and incompetent middle management was free to abuse power and create an atmosphere of mistrust and absence of leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management, be sure to reach out at least quarterly to the directs reporting to middle management--those of us toughing it out on the ground level nine to ten hours a day need to know that you care if our manager is effective, challenging, and pro-active. When we contact you with feedback. act on it--rather than waiting for several of us to quit due to management inefficacy.

Good Company to Work For

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAbility to move up, great leadership from CEO, emphasis on being involved in community.

ConsLower pay and you can reach a point where they don't offer a mentor program to grow.

Worked for U.S. Bank? Contribute to the Community!