Uber Reviews

Updated 15 September 2014
Updated 15 September 2014
3.2

Travis Kalanick

Pros
  • Meeting great people, making money weekly and getting paid weekly (in 3 reviews)

• Really great work environment and great people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, it's true that the Uber rating system is flawed (in 10 reviews)

• I mean being a bonified taxi driver does have it's cons like being a taxi driver picking up drunk people other than that (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Really Unique Company/Growing Pains/Loving it

I have been working at Uber full-time

Pros

Smartest people. Hard workers. Immensely passionate group. Fun people. Growing like crazy. Believes in its cause. Get to watch a company transition to scale. Young.

Cons

If work life balance is super important to you...might not be the best role. Ironing out some transitions to scale. Salaries aren't high but options are the attraction for most. Could use more executive level management. Sometimes push people a little hard (though i love this too).

One week down, liking this

Current Employee - Uber X Driver  in  West Chester, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Uber X Driver in West Chester, PA (US)

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

My schedule. I drive an Uber X. That means I get the calls for a basic car service. I can limit when I work and where I want to work.
    Customers so far have been excellent. No lie. Each one (including a pair to PHL and a group of 5 to home to crash), was polite, some even funny. It's a great way to meet people and a great way for customers to decide whether to interact or just chill and listen on my ANC headphones to their music.

Cons

Scared of ratings. No way to know what went wrong if the ride seemed fine. Getting dinged using stars tells me nothing at all.

Give the drivers some more info. Nothing personal, just tell us, in summary, what the rating was for if a comment was left. I would have no idea how to fix anything if I do not know what IT was that went wrong for the customer.

Better communication. Podcasts and text blasts are all well and good, but let us have some one on one time too. I'd like to meet my employer, can't see that happening.

A very good company to work for

Current Employee - Uber Driver  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Uber Driver in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

You begin making money very quickly, set your own hours, be your own boss, and meet new people every day. The software runs perfectly nearly 99% of the time and the company always has your back through whatever obstacles or issues you come across as a driver. The support team always responds to an issue within 24 hours. This is a great company to work for.

Cons

No benefits package for full time drivers. Where the fvck are my benefits? :P

Drivers who are consistently online at least 40 hours a week inside the perimeter of Atlanta should be eligible for some type of benefits package. Without benefits, Uber doesn't feel like a real job, just something for people in between careers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Incredible company! The world's best job

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been at Uber for about a month now as a customer service rep. There isn't a lot of info about this new role online, so hopefully this helps! Taking this job was one of the absolute best decisions I have ever made; I get to work from home 100% of the time, I pretty much get to make my own schedule, the work is enjoyable, and management rules!

You can really judge a company pretty heavily on how their leadership team asks, I have experienced nothing but positivity from my manager and from all of the senior people who work for corporate. Work-life balance is incredible. I finally have time to engage in my hobbies and spend time with my family. I am no longer exhausted from my daily commute when I get home! I can see myself with this company for a long time. Other perks include:

-Occasional Uber credits for free rides
    -Uber swag
    -Weekly paychecks/direct deposit!
    -A dream schedule! Wanna work nights? Work nights! Mornings? You've got it.

Cons

The pros certainly outweigh the cons in my opinion, but obviously this role might not be for everyone.
    -Benefits are terrible, mainly because they're through another company.
    -Salary is a bit low and everyone is issued the same rate.
    -No paid time off, paid holidays, or vacations. Again, one downside to being apart of a brand new team.
    -Everything is done remotely from trainings to timesheet. If you aren't tech savvy this is not the job for you.

Keep up the good work! Offer more opportunities for promotion/growth and please get better benefits for us :).

Hypergrowth company maintaing start-up culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hardworking people working on very impactful stuff; still in its early days and the upside is tremendous; new headquarters is very nice and offers typical tech benefits

Cons

Hours are pretty bad which stems from the hardworking nature of management team; small growing pains as the company doesn't have some of the processes and resources required for a more mature company

Reward top performing employees; encourage people to take some time off and unwind/detach when not at work

Aggressive, and perhaps misdirected

Former Employee - Recruiting Specialist  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Recruiting Specialist in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Uber as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Compensation (albeit not great) and a relaxing work atmosphere add up to an attractive package, and there are nice perks like a stocked kitchen.

Cons

Talent development seems to be lacking as a result of young and inexperienced leadership. The internal culture is nascent at best and training is not much of a part of whatever communication structure they are promoting.

Evaluate. Prioritize. Organize. Communicate.
    Uber's purpose in its surrounding economy serves as an illustration of potential for socio-economic mobility, and so it would best serve the market it has attempted to dominate with a motivation other than money. Most people will start with Uber, if they can, but long-lasting success will depend on the pervasiveness of a transparent and informative culture openly embracing a dependency on computer automation.

more charges to work keep coming

Current Employee - Uber Driver  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Uber Driver in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Uber as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

can work your own schedule

Cons

they just added another charge of $10/week for the uber device, plus their percent

take too much from the drivers, you won't have any.

uber partner

Current Employee - Uber Partner  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Uber Partner in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Uber full-time for less than a year

Pros

work on your own schedule

Cons

to many deductible of salary by the company

Its what you make out of it

Current Employee - Driver  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Driver in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Uber part-time for less than a year

Pros

Own Hours
    Decent Pay
    High Demand

Cons

Correct the Rating Sytsem
    Correct the Pay-Out System

Change your rating service -

Could Care Less About Their Drivers

Former Employee - Uber Driver  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Uber Driver in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Uber part-time for less than a year

Pros

You can set your own hours and work as much as you like. You'll need to after subtracting your fuel costs, maintenance, and wearr and tear on your vehicle. The do seem to have more market share than their competitors.

Cons

You have no phone number to contact them with. They keep their LA office location a secret. They are discounting the fare so much you can't make a decent hourly wage after taking in account all your expenses. They tell the customers the tip is already included. There's no way for the customer to leave a tip through the app.

I do not wish to leave any free advice to a company who has no concern for their drivers.I am aappalled by the way they are treated by a company who has received a $258 million investment from Google. Shame on you! By the way, I have 15 years experience in the livery business as an owner and driver.

Worked for Uber? Contribute to the Community!