Verengo Solar
www.verengosolar.com Torrance, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Verengo Solar Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Randy Bishop

Pros:
  • "Growth Opportunities - Very Fast growing industry puts employees ahead of the curve for future job growth sectors in U"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Growing company however it's not easy to advance for more pay"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:

Reviews

Great Culture

I have been working at Verengo Solar for more than a year

ProsThis company cares about its people. A lot is expected but the rewards are always fair. Even the CEO knows so many of the employees by name and really seems to care about them. It feels like the customer comes first.

ConsIn a new industry things are always changing which is exciting, but sometimes it makes it hard to make progress. In fairness, most of the change is driven by outside forces. I think the company handles it pretty well, all-in-all.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove Friday Fun Day to Thursday since many people work from home on Friday.

Great Place to work

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time

ProsGreat environment, amazing team work, everybody is so friendly and helpful, very dynamic company, good benefits and time off policy.They really care about their employees and make you feel appreciated. And on top of that, a company that is doing something good for the environment...

ConsIf I were to find a con about working at Verengo, it would be that it's a company in a very young industry, a lot of uncertainty in the industry, a lot of changes, mergers and acquisitions going on, the future of the business (and industry) might be a little uncertain, but that can be expected in an industry that is in its growing stages.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the constant communication about the plans and strategies with your employees.

Best company I have worked for

SSA Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVerengo is the top of the solar industry at the cutting edge, it is great to work for a company that is progressive, fast moving and that loves to WIN at keeping our customers happy as well as their employees.

Verengo is a fertile soil in which a good employee can become great with grooming from attentive Managers.

Working for Verengo is fun in that it is growing and there is opportunity for everything from advancement, invention (in new technologies), all the way to process development.

Your only barrier is yourself. Management is super supportive and willing to work to improve things, they listen carefully to what is needed and take everyone's opinions very seriously implementing them when they make sense. This relieves alot of stress that you can feel for not being able to change things to make your job better.

ConsIf you don't like change, or constant improvement, or fast paced companies that you can be (and become) a great leader in - then Verengo is NOT for you. If you want to just fly below the radar and get by, then this is not the right place. If you are afraid to face yourself and run from problems then this may not be a good place.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Verengo has given me a chance to advance my career and offers me the opportunity to succeed

Facilities Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsVerengo offers a family-like atmosphere and treat everyone equally. The offer comprehensive salary packages and gives employees the ability to advance and develop new and exciting skills. They offer management programs and training and develop employees within.

ConsNo cons to speak of. Verengo is everything that a person would want in an employer.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake pride in the individuals that work for you and develop their skills daily. One on one interaction is important and needs to be focused on all the time. Always comfort and support employees decisions and guide them toward the right direction.

Awesome place to work!

Information Technology (Current Employee)
Torrance, CA (US)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for less than a year

ProsVery fast paced environment which is exactly what I was looking for, great team members and I am also involved in the daily decision making that affects my job & duties, I really feel as a valuable member of my team and the company!

ConsThings change fast and some people may struggle with it, I personally like it and have no cons so far!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to get employees involved in decision making as you are now, revised time off / sick time would be great for the future.

TRUSTED Company!

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsVerengo is a fun place to work! The company is always seeking out info from employees on how to improve and make coming to work more fun. Co-workers are friendly, positive and ready to help! There is a strong team environment, the leaders are great at keeping people motivated and you feel like you are making the world a nicer place by supporting the green movement,

ConsAs this business is so new, and we are still growing, there are consistent shifts in processes, and systems. This can be a challenge to keep up with but understandably this is all to ensure we are working smarter not harder.

Exciting Work and Strong Leadership

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsVery interesting work. Solar is still a new industry, so there are lots of problems to solve, processes to improve, opportunities to capture. The leadership team is good as creating a culture that encourages and rewards that type of innovation. I've been promoted twice in just over a year.

ConsVery fast paced - can be challenging to keep up with all of the demands. Systems need to be improved (although good progress has been made over the past year)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring good people to support our growth plans

I like the people I work with, but the commission for inside sales is the worst!

Inside Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people I work with are great, we try and make the best out of everyday.

ConsThe commission for inside solar consultants is by far the worst. What other solar company pays you based on the kw rate you sell at compared to the size of the system? You can sell a 40K system and make $50!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet up to date with the times. The commission structure we are using is based on 2 or 3 years ago when the competition wasn't as strong. Now we are bidding against 4 or 5 different companies.

Frustrating experience and long hours

Certified Electrician (Former Employee)

I worked at Verengo Solar full-time for less than a year

ProsThere are good people to work with. Compensation is good, mostly due to all the overtime accumulated.

ConsThere is an expectation to work 12-14 hours a day. Being managed by people in AZ about jobs in northern CA. Scheduling of job assignments can be frustrating, you do not know where you will be going the next day until late the night before.

Solid Place to Work

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of freedom to do what you want; opportunities for career advancement (I've been promoted 3 times in 18 months); good group of people - seems like all of the good character people in solar end up here

Conshard work - Verengo runs lean, so everyone works hard and you are expected to do a lot; lots of changes

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Verengo Solar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verengo Solar reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Verengo Solar CEO Randy Bishop. All 66 reviews are posted anonymously by Verengo Solar employees.