Victoria's Secret Stores

3.2 1,187 reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney

Sharen Turney

1,187 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great discount, love being able to help shoppers feel better about themselves"
    in 77 reviews
  • "Free bras two times a year and great discount throughout the year"
    in 75 reviews
Cons:
  • "The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job)"
    in 62 reviews
  • "Retail schedules can be tough, although this is the best focus on work life balance I've seen"
    in 53 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

So much fun

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores

ProsFlexible hours and schedules, always more hours if you want them.

ConsScheduling needs a lot of improvement.

Best Working Environment

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee)
Garden City, NY (US)

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time

ProsGreat people, management, being a member of a great team.

ConsNot enough working hours. Too much focus on opening up store credit cards.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess focus on opening up store credit cards are needed. There are better ways to gain customer loyalty.

Sales Associate at Victoria's Secret

Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee)
North Wales, PA (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

ProsThe employees, and management is always great! It's relatively easy, once you learn all the ins and outs. Discounts are always a plus!

ConsLots of petty customers. Always working with mainly women, and it can get a bit heated some days. Lots of promotions to remember, and you need to be on top of new products.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is relatively good.

Such an amazing company to be a part of!

Merchandise Flow Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat community of girls and women to work with. So much opportunity for growth. So much fun. Helps you get out of your shell and have a goal to work towards.

ConsHigh turnover rate. Sometimes you don't get the feedback you are looking for.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive as much feedback as possible. We like guidance and direction.

A Mixed Bag

Corporate Employee (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood Brand, Collaborative Culture, Team focused

ConsNo support on change management, New management does not listen to its employees. Way too many time spent on politics vs. getting the work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your employees. And recognize them.

Company is not consistent

Bra Specialist (Former Employee)
Santa Anita, CA (US)

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time

ProsAt one location I worked at I absolutely loved it! Great training, room for advancement, coaching, team members etc. At the second location I transferred to, pros were very few: incentives for associates were nice, incentives for bra specialist were great.

ConsMany managers were rude, disrespectful, would go to sleep in the fitting rooms during an overnight floor set, new seasonal hires did not care and managers did nothing about it. The espoused values did not line up with the lived values.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more effort and consistency among managers between all stores, not just within the store and stopping at corporate.

I absolutely love my job

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than a year

ProsThe management is very understanding

ConsSo far I do not have any cons

All over associate

Pink and Beauty Category Supervisor (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 5 years

ProsMobile. You can move to almost any city and work for this company. I have worked for VS since 2009. As my main career has relocated me, I haev satyed with VS through 4 states. Gotta love it! I get a massive discount on my wireless bill, free flu shots, free and discounted product. 401k and stock as well. They even offered me pet insurance. I started as a regular associate, became a staffing and operations coordinator, then moved to bra specialist. After that I was promoted to Pink and Beauty Category Supervisor.

ConsTeenage drama occurs more often than not. They are serious about availability. There is no playing with that.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love my 401k and associate stock purchase plan. But, had I not been management, would it have been offered?

I love it.

Flex Associate (Current Employee)
Muskegon, MI (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

ProsEveryone is so friendly and get along great. There's a really strong team bond and it's a very comfortable work environment and I look forward to going to work every day.

ConsIt really gets under my skin when we have shoplifters come in and do fraudulent returns. I hate knowing that they get away with stealing money from the company and we can't do anything about it even when it's clear they did not purchase the merchandise.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe biggest problem I had was when I got hired; I applied in the summer for SAS and after my interview no one contacted me for about a month and when they finally did call me I had gotten another job. I then applied for Holiday and I had to keep calling to find out what was going on. From my experience the hiring process is not very organized and it is very stressful for the one being hired.

Victoria's secret sales specialist

Sales Specialist (Current Employee)
Providence, RI (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

ProsDiscount and gratis items that we either have a buy in for or free. They also have cool classes that they will sometimes let you take part in like AIM or visual labs that are really cool

Constraining sucks managers can be rough

Advice to Senior Managementdon't be so pushy sales people have to take a lot of from customers as well as management so don't be on their case so much

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victoria's Secret Stores reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney. All 1,187 reviews are posted anonymously by Victoria's Secret Stores employees.