Victoria's Secret Stores

3.2 1,181 reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney

Sharen Turney

1,181 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great discount, love being able to help shoppers feel better about themselves"
    in 77 reviews
  • "Free bras two times a year and great discount throughout the year"
    in 75 reviews
Cons:
  • "The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job)"
    in 62 reviews
  • "Retail schedules can be tough, although this is the best focus on work life balance I've seen"
    in 53 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company to work for

Category Supervisor (Former Employee)
Findlay, OH (US)

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for less than a year

ProsAbsolutely love the company- plenty of opportunities to move up internally
Awesome gratis- free stuff or basically free
Easy to get a hold of and communicate with upper level management

ConsPay raises aren't very high... it's retail
Primarily females meaning drama no matter what
Home office seems impossible to get into

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are just as important as customers.

Such an amazing company to be a part of!

Merchandise Flow Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat community of girls and women to work with. So much opportunity for growth. So much fun. Helps you get out of your shell and have a goal to work towards.

ConsHigh turnover rate. Sometimes you don't get the feedback you are looking for.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive as much feedback as possible. We like guidance and direction.

Good part-time job. With growing company

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than a year

ProsEasy fun job. Good hours if you work full time elsewhere

ConsLong interview process and promotion process

A Mixed Bag

Corporate Employee (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood Brand, Collaborative Culture, Team focused

ConsNo support on change management, New management does not listen to its employees. Way too many time spent on politics vs. getting the work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your employees. And recognize them.

The best retail environment you can work at!

Sales Support Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe company does value their employees and focuses on development of their associates. Advancement opportunities are great! I have worked for the company for 6 years and I love that I have seen so many changes and improvements. They really listen to their customers and employees to constantly improve doing what they do best.

ConsPay is not great unless you desire to be in management. As with most retail environments the requirement to work weekends and holidays can be exhausting after years of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistency and communication management needs to be more effective.

I absolutely love my job

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than a year

ProsThe management is very understanding

ConsSo far I do not have any cons

All over associate

Pink and Beauty Category Supervisor (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for more than 5 years

ProsMobile. You can move to almost any city and work for this company. I have worked for VS since 2009. As my main career has relocated me, I haev satyed with VS through 4 states. Gotta love it! I get a massive discount on my wireless bill, free flu shots, free and discounted product. 401k and stock as well. They even offered me pet insurance. I started as a regular associate, became a staffing and operations coordinator, then moved to bra specialist. After that I was promoted to Pink and Beauty Category Supervisor.

ConsTeenage drama occurs more often than not. They are serious about availability. There is no playing with that.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love my 401k and associate stock purchase plan. But, had I not been management, would it have been offered?

I love it.

Flex Associate (Current Employee)
Muskegon, MI (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time for less than a year

ProsEveryone is so friendly and get along great. There's a really strong team bond and it's a very comfortable work environment and I look forward to going to work every day.

ConsIt really gets under my skin when we have shoplifters come in and do fraudulent returns. I hate knowing that they get away with stealing money from the company and we can't do anything about it even when it's clear they did not purchase the merchandise.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe biggest problem I had was when I got hired; I applied in the summer for SAS and after my interview no one contacted me for about a month and when they finally did call me I had gotten another job. I then applied for Holiday and I had to keep calling to find out what was going on. From my experience the hiring process is not very organized and it is very stressful for the one being hired.

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVS recognizes talent and as long as the individual can learn from coaching and feedback can really grow with the company. I started as a sales associate and worked my way up to a store manager. The company is a great brand to work for and has the best company values. VS is a world wide recognized brand and continues to be a pace setter for the retail industry. I think it is a really fun company to work for.

ConsGoods and bads to working with all females the majority of the time.

Operations coordinator

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores

ProsVery fun culture. Company seeks to take care of their employees. Special gifts and promos only exclusive to the employees during product launches. Tons of tools experience and knowledge to gain from this company.

ConsCurrent management staff lacks leadership quality and morale

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in those truly passionate about their work team and company

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victoria's Secret Stores reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney. All 1,181 reviews are posted anonymously by Victoria's Secret Stores employees.