Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated Jul 25, 2014

3.2 1,370 reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney

Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month(in 92 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year(in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance(in 66 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job)(in 56 reviews)

1,370 Employee Reviews

Great Experience Working With People

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA (US)

ProsVS has a fun, energetic atmosphere and it's a great place to start out. There are very many potential employee relationships that can turn into friendships - great for girls first jobs. Definitely sign up for the late night stock or sale preparation overtime hours. VS Pink is very fun to work in, but all of the other sales associates look down on you. If I were to do it again, I'd work in intimates from the beginning.

ConsIt gets a little boring when no ones shopping in the store, but you can keep yourself busy tidying up products. Breaks are only 15 minutes. It's hard to stand in line for food, bring it back to the store & eat it in 15 minutes in a busy mall.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Cashier

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsMany amazing perks and incentives. There's usually 1-5 going on every month. The staff and management are very friendly and professional. The company is also very strict on making sure you get your lunches and breaks accordingly. Cashier Leads are always very helpful when in need of assistance. I would go back in a heart beat.

ConsClosing is a pain. During holiday season, it would sometimes take us up to four hours to leave. Folding those panty bars are a nightmare! They really need to hire a replenishing crew.

Great Company

Product Manager (Current Employee) Walnut Creek, CA (US)

Prosthe team atmosphere, encouragement and coaching from everyone (not just managers), urgency around the customer

Conscons vary based on districts and regions i worked for a store in a district that had a very slow promotional turn over and then another that was always developing associates and moving them up to next.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

very rewarding and discounts.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN (US)

Proshours flexiblity, pay is above min.

ConsI have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Senior Managementgreat management.

Great benefits, low pay

Merchandise Flow Supervisor (Current Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsLove the benefits and the people

ConsLow pay and and high performance expectations

Need a short-term job? this is perfect!

Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) Lithonia, GA (US)

ProsGreat discounts. fun and friendly environment.

ConsManagers were playing favorites. I rarely got any hours. Sometimes a week go by and m not on the schedule. Pay wasn't so great. $7.50/hr

Outstanding company dedicated to developing equally outstanding talent.

Product Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, including vacation time, merchandise discount, and employee gratis/buy-in offers. Training of leadership is top-of-the-line. Company looks to promote from within and management is coached to always look for opportunities to develop talent.

ConsSome positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance. As with any other retail business, turnover can be a problem if sales leadership team is not dedicated to associate retention. Staffing needs can be difficult to meet, especially during peak times of year.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe training provided to sales leadership team members is absolutely outstanding when properly delivered. However, there does seem to be some difficulty in completing all training when managers are hired one-at-a-time rather than in a group, since so much of the training is facilitated by nearby stores' managers. It would be great to have new hire managers sent to remote training, where the company could guarantee consistency and completion.

Great people - no work life balance!

Manager (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

Prosamazing values, intensive training, great people to work with in your store, as a Manager you can make your Team a family. Wonderful product to sell to your Customer

Consabsolutely no work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease! Managers need at least one day off completely.

Manager

Store Manager (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA (US)

Prosbenefits and discounts. company wellness program

ConsNo work life balance, Stringent guidelines when merchandising

The best place to work, shop, and experience

Operations and Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsIts the ultimate feminine shopping experience. Working at Victoria's Secret is a dream come true. Fabulous co-workers, passionate leadership teams, and so many free goodies and buy ins. It is so easy to move up, they love promoting from within and are always looking for ways to grow.

ConsIn some positions, its hard to maintain a work-life balance. Employees are so achievement driven that they forget life exists outside of work.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!