Victoria's Secret Stores

3.3
1,659 Reviews

Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 106 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 91 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 79 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 67 reviews)

More Highlights

Be prepared to WORK

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Buffalo, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Buffalo, NY (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

Rewarding environment, driven atmosphere, positive, possibilities are endless! Lots of incentives, gratis bras, panties, fragrance, and a nice discount. World class!

Cons

Clientele can be a pain, but you get that with any retail location. Stress level is high, must meet goals. Dress code too strict. There's never enough product to sell.. which makes for grumpy guests.

When your manager wins a trip because the team was up to numbers, ex: top 100 stores fashion show trip, spa trip to Cali, etc. The team should get something, a token of appreciation from the company, even. Also should be allowed to take 2 from the team to brand conference so they can also pass along knowledge.

Informational

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

I was able to learn a lot about myself as well as how to manage associates.

Cons

Very unorganized at times and communication was lacking.

Communication between managers is the key to success within a business.

Great Environment dictated by the right management team!

Former Employee - Category Manager
    Former Employee - Category Manager

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For someone who loves to work hard this is the place to be. This company continues to obtain high goals and there is definitely very little down time.

Cons

pay rates are not consistent, the district manager is not fair with pay rates. Highest paid managers are those recruited from outside the company, and those who have moved up in the company throughout a course of years, they struggle to get decent raises.

Good place for a summer job as long as you're comfortable talking to every single person who walks in the door.

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of summer hires and therefore some cool people you can end up friends with
    More than minimum wage
    Discount!
    And occasional freebies!
    To stay an employee, you just have to work once every 90 days, so you can keep your job even while away in college as long as you come back every now and then to work a weekend!
    You learn a lot about bras. (I'm not kidding.)

Cons

Have to wear all black (more or less) (although I've been in some stores where ladies in the PINK section get to wear PINK stuff)
    You're expected to talk to just about everyone who comes in and offer all the women shoppers a measurement (for correct bra size)...it's not bad in it of itself, but it may take a little while to get more comfortable with doing so.
    Like a lot of other stores, you can't ask for holidays off. You may end up getting one off, but it's not really your choice. That means that you will work a lot of them.

Make sure you train everyone. I was a summer hire and there were a few of us that were sent straight in and never ended up getting the normal how-we-do-fittings-and-sales thing.

Great perks

Former Employee - Sales Specialist
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

You sample new products at a discount or for free. Helps you connect with your customers.

Cons

All about sales and meeting yours numbers.

Loved it

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work
    The fashion
    Helping women

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth
    Can be tough work

Don't pick favorites, invest in your very great employees

Love VS!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Spokane, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Spokane, WA (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The managers and associates I get to work with are all amazing. The managers really care about the associates and are always there to help. I feel like they really care about us and go out of their way to keep our best interests in mind.

Cons

Low pay and call-in shifts.

Minimize call-in shifts. I usually work 25 hours of SO shifts a week as a part time employee and usually have at least one call-in shift per week. I personally don't think it's necessary. I've only been asked to come in for 2 call-in shifts in the 3 months I've worked here.

Great, energetic environment

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dayton, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dayton, OH (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (less than an year)

Pros

people, enough hours, convenient hours, not crazy super strict, fun

Cons

all the downs of retail

nothing

I've been with the company for almost 4 years while in school and generally love working here.

Current Employee - Sale Associate in Livingston, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Sale Associate in Livingston, NJ (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The customer service is great and the company really cares about its employees if you stick around.

Cons

There's been many changes in the past few years, for the better. However, it took some getting used to.

I love this company

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved this job. It was perfect for during college... An amazing management team, great gratises/deals for workers, awesome brand, but that's about where it ends. Most associates are just out of high school or finishing up a degree in college....

Cons

The hours were really sporadic for my store, the whole idea of SPAH and the force towards becoming selling based have really affected my feelings about the job, also the management program is less than desirable, pay is only minimum wage until you work there longer and get a small bump up.... until minimum wage goes up and you make the same as new hires again.
    Havng worked in a smaller level store, there weren't really full time positions other than holiday and management, which you can only apply for at certain times... To start the "AIM" program, you had to interview for it. If they didn't like you, you would get denied.

Victoria's Secret Stores Photos