Victoria's Secret Stores Reviews

3.3
1,965 Reviews
Victoria's Secret Stores CEO Sharen Turney
Sharen Turney

Pros
  • Great discount and deals given to employees on different products every other month (in 106 reviews)

• 30% employee discount with some free bras throughout the year (in 91 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions pose a greater difficulty in maintaining a work-life balance (in 79 reviews)

• The part-time work & call-in shifts are for the birds (if this is your only job) (in 67 reviews)

1. Sales Specialists

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

Great experience my favorite job by far, lots of opportunities to learn and advance within the company if thats what you want.

Cons

Varied work schedule, & no benefits for part time associates.

2. Awesome when you have the right management!

Former Employee - Merchflow Flow Supervisor in Chanhassen, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Merchflow Flow Supervisor in Chanhassen, MN (US)

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Employee discount
    -Lots of coaching and developing
    -Great district manager
    -Fun team environment

Cons

When I left, they started hiring management that had no experience with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep coaching and developing your internal store associates to get them to next and stop focusing on external hires for leadership roles.

3. Easy.

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

There was a lot of flexibility when you work with the stock supervisor. It was actually an extremely easy job

Cons

There weren't any real cons. I worked there part- time while in school and they accommodated to my schedule

Advice to Management

The management wasn't bad. Like i said it was an easy job almost anyone can do. There were just a bunch of boxes that needed to be moved and shelves to be cleaned.

5. Cash Wrap Associate

Current Employee - Cash Wrap Associate in Melbourne, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Cash Wrap Associate in Melbourne, FL (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment and very dynamic group of women. Learn in the process.

Cons

It's hard to become full-time and shift works can fluctuate the income especially when shifts are canceled due to profitable goals are not met.

Advice to Management

Women make up more than 17% of retail workforce and with unstable income that fluctuate with the shifts, we cannot depend on stable source of financial to provide for family. Therefore, this result in poverty. Inanition, part-time employees do not get health benefits. With little income earned ranges from $8.00 - $10.00 per hour for sales associates, it's not enough to sustain for monthly living, health care, and family. Different states and areas have different living cost. Since retail sales drive most of American economy, I think it's important to take care better care for the associates working for the company. It's the same as giving back the loyalty.

6. Sales

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nashua, NH (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nashua, NH (US)

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

Easy, Fun! Great coworkers that will become your friends and fun easy going enviroment for the most part. Loved my team and store

Cons

Horrible pay and management. No room for improvement and really short shifts. No room for raises and no kudos for hardwork

Advice to Management

Value your employees!

7. Category Manager

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time

Pros

Love the store and the discount. The girls I work with are awesome. Pay is good and I usually don't work overtime.

Cons

Holidays are brutal. Visuals are most interpretation because the guidence we get are usually unrealistic. Which can be fun but also frustrating because you have no idea what you're getting in shipment so you never know what you're going to walk into. Also, I spend way to much time playing mediator on the sales floor because associates are paid a form of commission.

Advice to Management

Ask more feedback from your managers.

8. Cashier

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores

Pros

Great co-workers/fun environment/ good discount

Cons

Long hours/rude customers/ a bit unorganized

Best Retail Training You Will Ever Get

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chesterfield, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chesterfield, MO (US)

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Victoria's Secret does a phenomenal job to make sure each and everyone of their employees is confident and knowledgeable about their products. I have worked retail previously before here, and nothing has helped me as much as working for them. I truly feel that once someone can work for Victoria's Secret, they can really work anywhere. I was welcomed with open arms and the whole team and management did a multitude a follow-ups through the day to see how I could better myself. Managers set goals for each associate based on their strengths and personalities. Reading some of these reviews makes me very sad, because I worked for an amazing store, but I do believe that you can get awful customer service in any place you shop. So before you blame the entire company, maybe you just need to switch stores.

Cons

Like any retail job, you will get nasty customers. I did my very best to try to do anything in my power to create a returning customer, no matter what it took, but some people are just rude and awful. I saw more nasty customers at Victoria's Secret than any job I had worked in the past.

Shoplifting was also a huge problem. Not being able to keep new products in the store really sucked, especially when we would have those forever customers who would come in for specific items, only to find out that everything walked out the door.

Advice to Management

I really have no advice to the management, or at least mine anyways. I guess if some of these stores are as bad as the reviews say, then management should damn well be reading these to see how they can grow and change from this. I really wish all VS stores could be like the one I came from.

10. Visuals

Current Employee - Visual Associate
    Current Employee - Visual Associate

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I think I got lucky, but I work with a great team and have made many friends working at my specific store location. They are great about working with your school/other work schedules. The employee discount/deals on product is good as well. The company as a whole has good values.

Cons

I have worked at VS for 6 years. I could have moved up to various supervisor roles but they don't offer full time status with benefits unless you are a store manager. I have expressed numerous times that I am interested in taking my career to the corporate level but nothing ever comes of this. Now I basically work there for the easy money, job stability, and gaining experience that I will most likely take to another company.

11. Good

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Albany, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Albany, NY (US)

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment and staff

And the discount

Cons

Inconsistent hours and long floor set hours

Victoria's Secret Stores Photos