WCA Waste

WCA Waste Reviews

Updated Feb 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

WCA Waste Chairman and CEO Tom J. Fatjo Jr.

Tom J. Fatjo Jr.

Please beware and do your research before pursuing employment with this company. Very unprofessional

Industrial and Construction Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at WCA Waste full-time for less than a year

ProsThere are not many pros to speak of, however traveling the filed and closing sales was very rewarding and accomplishing

ConsThe level of professionalism in the branch office as well as upper management was vacillating. Lack of direction, pricing structures changing and very high turn over. Condescending abusive emails from sales manager directed with threats towards his employees

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease look closely @ how you are hiring to manage areas and how they treat their "teams" . Sales is hired to bring in sales with the help of the company they represent. Lack of communication and abusive threats are @ best the result of poor management

Been at company over 10 years, it's been a mixed experience.

I have been working at WCA Waste

ProsLow level employees are great people. 401 K plan is good. Vacation plan has finally caught up to rest of the world. Houston getting slightly better over last 4 months.

ConsHR is a joke. Most employees overworked and management pretends not to notice. Lowest pay in Houston trash market.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk all employees at WCA to fill out anonymous questionnaire about work conditions and job satisfaction. Encourage candid comments. You will be shocked at job dissatisfaction.

Potential positive ..has a way to go

Outside Construction Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at WCA Waste full-time for less than a year

ProsI like what I do and being back in the building industry.good @ what I do. Local office team work together to make business happen

ConsLack of training and support to grow business the way I would like to.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet up a formal orientation, procedures and training on all programs and the business @ time of hire for new employees. Provide employees with funds to network and marketing materials for when in the field selling and cold calling

Great co-workers but management needs to be more proactive

I have been working at WCA Waste full-time

ProsAbility to work a lot of over time
Health benefits and 401K are outstanding

ConsMust work 4 years to get 2 weeks vacation even when you work 60 -70 hours per week

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better, better wage, more paid time off, promote from within - really - don't just say you do. Do it.

Unprofessional

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at WCA Waste for less than a year

ProsEveryone else was a pleasure to work with.

ConsThe HR department is incompetent.

Advice to Senior ManagementNote to Senior Management....get rid of your current "HR" department before the company gets sued for hostile work environment.

Positive, efficient, hard-working atmosphere.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I worked at WCA Waste

ProsThe company fostered a hard-working, efficient atmosphere. Good work was recognized by management. There is a promising future for the company and its employees.

ConsSometimes you have to put in long hours. There are a few horizontal communication gaps. The work environment is somewhat boring.

An awesome place to work.

Orange City, FL (US)

I have been working at WCA Waste

ProsYou are surrounded by an atmosphere of people who truly seem to care at all levels. They are family oriented and want to grow and promote from within.

ConsIt is a tough job starting from the bottom, but can be very rewarding when you stick with it. For driven, hard working individuals only.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going after as much work as you can and continue to grow the company. just never forget about the guys that are out there breaking their backs for us everyday.

There's always going to be a trash industry and WCA waste is an up-and-coming player

Clerk (Current Employee)
Springfield, MO (US)

I have been working at WCA Waste

ProsIt is a very comfortable atmosphere.

ConsNot many to speak of. Don't work here if you can't stand the smell of waste. Eventually, you will be around it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up your already strong relationship with your employees.

Worked for WCA Waste? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WCA Waste reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for WCA Waste CEO Tom J. Fatjo Jr.. All 8 reviews are posted anonymously by WCA Waste employees.