Walgreens

2.9 3,217 reviews

Walgreens President and CEO Greg Wasson

Greg Wasson

(1,724 ratings)

Pros
  • Decent profit sharing although not as good as it used to be(in 206 reviews)

• Good benefits but they were changing these as I was leaving not sure they are still good(in 124 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance for the folk under store manager level is nonexistent(in 76 reviews)

• Upper management makes it horrible for everyone including lower management(in 122 reviews)

3,217 Employee Reviews

Started off great then went bad

Cashier (Current Employee) Oakland, CA (US)

ProsCoworkers are great!! Yes your on the clock but still have a great time while your at it. Regulars become your friends

ConsYou dont have much time for personal life!! First they give you the hours of the world then you become on call and only one day for sure, after you dont get called and completly off the schedule for good!! With no notice!!

Good place to start, not to stay.

ProsBENEFITS! Starts off paying above minimum wage (which is $7.25. I started off at $8.) You get to know your customers well.

ConsBecause Walgreens as a whole is changing, it makes it harder for those of us actually working in the stores, dealing with the customers because we have to find an explanation as to why something is different than it was the last time a customer was in our store when we were never even given an explanation ourselves. We get in trouble (literally. We get written up) for not saying "Hello, welcome to Walgreens) when someone walks in the door AND when we see someone on the aisle. I've had multiple customers snap at me because they hate hearing it. IT annoys customers but we have to do it. All-in-all, we're the scapegoats of Walgreens. The store level people have to deal with the consequences. Also, hours! I recently transferred to a store in a different city that has a higher cost of living but because I was making a certain amount where I came from, they refuse to pay me more but also won't give me more hours (which they promised before I moved here) so I'm forced to live with someone else because I can't afford to live alone here. When I requested more hours from my manager, she flat out told me that she's only giving them to people who deserves them!

Love the people

Photo Specialist (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA (US)

Prosthe co workers and managers were wonderful and i loved them all

Consthe customers could be a lil rude and weird, pay wasnt that great

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

not what it used to be

Assistant Manager (MGT) (Former Employee)

Proslots of locations. can be good for students just trying to make extra money

ConsConsistently adding tasks and responsibilities while reducing hours and staff

Its been great so far. The area I work in is full of nice people for the most part.

Service Clerk (Current Employee) Wyckoff, NJ (US)

ProsCoworkers are great, friendly customers for the most part, average employee benefits. The jobs assigned aren't difficult and they keep you busy the whole shift most of the time.

ConsSometimes the work load is put onto only a couple employees and may become stressful when mixed with customers. With the time frame given, the tasks might not be finished.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure all the managers are trained in every department. At my job, only a couple managers are trained in the photo department.

photo tech

ProsMangers are always willing to help

ConsDaily task to be completed before shift is over

Promotion stagnation

Prosok benefits and perks.
    good job if you enjoy talking to people.

Conssometimes not enough staff
    overload of required daily tasks especially if you work in a 24 hour store.

Awesome job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsManagers are nice and presented my a great opportunity. I enjoyed my time there to develop retail skills.

ConsWould have liked the opportunity for more hours. A lot of tasks expected of you as well.