Walgreens Reviews

3,416 Reviews

Walgreens President and CEO Greg Wasson
Greg Wasson
1,821 Ratings

Pros
  • Decent profit sharing although not as good as it used to be (in 207 reviews)

• Good benefits but they were changing these as I was leaving not sure they are still good (in 124 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance for the folk under store manager level is nonexistent (in 77 reviews)

• Upper management makes it horrible for everyone including lower management (in 122 reviews)

More Highlights

walgreens

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

I have been working at Walgreens for less than a year

Pros

good benefits, good co-workers, they hire friendly people, great place for social people.

Cons

low pay, sporadic schedule. work happiness depends on who your management is,

decrease the importance of suggustive selling and make it a more employee first company

Sales Associate (part-time)

I worked at Walgreens part-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked here for two years while at college, they were flexible with my schedule and I could work at a location in my hometown as well. Good management, opportunities for advancement if you desired.

Cons

Store manager at the college store (the one I was at) was never friendly, always "hiding" in the back office. The supervisors and other managers were much better.

O.P. Walgreens you are good. Manhattan Walgreens (just the one store) you need to get out of the office and interact with your staff. I never "knew" who you were.

Beauty Advisor

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor  in  Douglasville, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Douglasville, GA (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

easy, pay is decent, good cultural beliefs

Cons

responsibilities are growing, but wages are staying the same, working holidays

promotions, raises

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

15% discount better than pay

Current Employee - Home Infusion  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Home Infusion in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits medical & dental,. 401k, 15% and 20% @ Retail stores,.flexibility with schedule

Cons

Lousy training,. No pay increase right away for doing two totally different jobs..Poor management, no opportunity for advancement unless your there for years and years., .or certified as a Pharmacist or Pharmacy tech.
    Horrible pay,.15% discount at Walgreens retail store feels more satisfying than my paycheck. Office gossip,.and cliques,.management gives too much authority to employees who live at work and they are not management.

Home Infusion
    Train your employees right. Give them incentives to stay,.grow,.pay them accordingly for making themselves available when someone resigns and takes on their duties.
    Care more about emoloyees well being, management needs more people skills. Cold & stiff.

Good people, fair comp & benefits; a shift in culture - it's not what it once was

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Deerfield, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL (US)

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I enjoyed the people I worked with - very supportive, smart and hard working. Good opportunites for growth and development.

Cons

I think the culture has changed over the last few years. There seems to be less focus on employees and making this company a great place to work.

Focus more on making sure you have the right people in key positions; good people are always the key to any successful organization. Always. Treat your employees with respect.

Average place for a first job outside of food service.

Current Employee - Service Clerk  in  Lees Summit, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Service Clerk in Lees Summit, MO (US)

I have been working at Walgreens part-time for more than a year

Pros

-Schedule flexibility
    -Good people skills are learned
    -Certain positions are tailored to be customer service oriented rather than sale oriented

Cons

-Pay is not impressive
    -Employees in general come and go quite often
    -You are often expected to work when someone else misses a shift

I was thrown into working as a photo specialist on just my second day of working, without having received any training. In order to have more loyal customers, employees need to know what they are expected to do, and how to do it. Not just learning on the fly.

Worked for them over 15 years. IT jobs were all outsourced to India and Mexico

Former Employee - Computer Operator  in  Mount Prospect, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Computer Operator in Mount Prospect, IL (US)

I worked at Walgreens full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Was a very stable work environment with many opportunities to move through out the company.

Cons

Most positions now are short term contract / project help. Not many long term experienced contacts are left. Interaction between departments and areas is complicated by a lack of commitment and experience. Middle Management turnover is even more unstable.

Stabilize the ship through the ties that are formed by experience and cooperation over time.

Pharmacy technician

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at Walgreens for more than 3 years

Pros

I like the people I work with and they are very flexible with our scheduling at my specific store location

Cons

Corporate/district managers have some "formula" they use as to how many technician hours you are allowed for the month. One month you may get scheduled 40 hours per week, but the next you may only get scheduled 15hours per week because they are never consistent with our tech budget hours. I also had to fight for months to get my raise after certification, and I get paid way less than othert technicians that I know started after me. I've been here 4.5 years and the wages aren't something I can live off of forever between the low pay and inconsistency of what you're hours might be each month.

Learned how to manage a large store and multitask many different duties

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

They have 401k and medical benefits

Cons

The Growth process is very slow coming and i am looking for a challenge

Quantity over Quality

Current Employee - Pharmacy Intern  in  Cedar Rapids, IA (US)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Intern in Cedar Rapids, IA (US)

I have been working at Walgreens as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Big name in corner drugstore market. Everybody knows what Walgreen's is. No real need to market the company.

Cons

Time-off policies are not efficient and there is not a good work-life balance. But that comes with retail. You might have to work some nights and some weekends.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!