Walmart

Walmart Reviews in Los Angeles, CA US

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon

Doug McMillon

Pros
  • There are opportunities for advancement for those who show initiative (in 68 reviews)

• Lot of room for advancement up to the salary level, nice schedule for management (in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • With new schedule your Work/life balance is very poor with very little weekends off (in 122 reviews)

• Within the next five years there will only be salary full time positions available (in 304 reviews)

More Highlights
78 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It was amazing and very accommodating I loved it there, epecially the atmosphere

Remodeler/Customer Service and Sales (Current Employee) West Hills, CA (US)

ProsThe environment is friendly, and clean. There is a lot of room for promotions and such. They work with your school schedule or whatever other accommodations you may need. The hours are good, and you get raises often.

ConsHaving a heavy workload, and dealing with some unruly customers. Overnight hours are a lot if you are a stocker.

Mediocre

Electronic Sales Associate (Former Employee) Simi Valley, CA (US)

ProsSlacking off, good chill people to work with.

Conssome places have strict guidelines. lack of leadership at times, no union

Advice to Senior Managementtrain employees better, have some common knowledge as to who should work where.

It's ok, it really depends on who your managers are.

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Glendora, CA (US)

ProsIF you have good coworkers then its a decent job.
    simple job, easily can turn your brain off if you're just a sales associate

ConsManagers do NOT promote people with education. They want puppets to work under them, not people with brains. Your manager will determine how easily/difficult it will be to progress.
    For some reason when the hard workers slack a little they get talked to by management, but the slow workers never get talked to about work.
    Don't get any praise for doing great work. Even after saving a manager's butt.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managers shouldn't be like a high school clique. promote the good employees not your friends that suck at the job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

!I loved it!

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsEveryone is nice and helpful. I learned a lot!

ConsIt was difficult to get shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the employees more and motivate them. They really shape the experiences of customers.

Review

Cashier (Current Employee) Anaheim, CA (US)

ProsI got an interview in 2-3 days of applying. I only had one interview and got hired on the spot.

ConsBeing a cashier can be challenging when the store gets busy. You're also expected to maintain a friendly demeanor.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't put the starting of the next shift of an employee within 12 hours of their previous one.

Not to bad, Great experience

Electronic Sales Associate (Former Employee) Lancaster, CA (US)

ProsThe job was very flexible, you learn alot of new things and how the retail world works. I wouldnt say its a career opportunity there but its definitely great experience to put down on the resume.

ConsCustomers were sometimes rude....but then again alot of employees were negative about the job so you just really have to stay positive yourself so that negative aura doesnt affect you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere were some great ones but for the not so great ones...be more sociable with your employees and have some respect and they will treat you well.

it depends

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) San Dimas, CA (US)

Prosgot lucky and had an awesome supervisor who was supportive yet had a hands off style of management

Conshad long hours and short breaks

I would have liked it better if I would have gotten hours. Time goes by quick because you are constantly busy.

Cashier (Current Employee) Lancaster, CA (US)

ProsQuick part time. Isn't stress full. If you are slow, don't work here.

Consnot enough hours. dependent on how fast you are.

Advice to Senior ManagementI had no problems with Management

A Waste of my time

Zone Manager (Former Employee) West Hills, CA (US)

ProsGreat Associates who just want to provide for their families, customer focused with hopes of being recognized and promoted by the upper management team.

ConsYou are showered with the notion that the associates get quarterly bonuses for their hard work. I worked 3 yrs. and received 1 bonus. We were always told that all other expenses whether it be store accidents, equipment repairs come before the associates. If you speak up, you are looked at as a trouble maker. Management rather sit in the office than interact w/ customers & associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementSam Walton harnessed that associate/customer service/family friendly atmosphere. Where did it go?

Can you have a career at Wal-mart

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsYou can move around and learn different things with out having to change Companies. all kind of shift to fit your life style. 10 Precent discount on merchandise.

ConsTop heavy management that all have different views of how the store should be run. Their direction is always changing depending on who's in charge. They don't follow the basic belief of respect for the individual.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if you really follow the belief 's this company was founded on. Train trust follow up retrain if nessary.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!