Walt Disney Company

Updated 29 October 2014
3.7

Walt Disney Company President, CEO, and Director Bob Iger
Bob Iger

Pros
  • Work- Life Balance Well; Nice working environment; Comfortable leadership (in 29 reviews)

• Great benefits, main entrance pass and a company that overall exceeds expectations (in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • work/life balance is not great and there is not a lot of stability since there are frequent re-orgs (in 33 reviews)

• Required to work long hours at certain times of the year, but that can be expected at any job (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun Environment

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun place to work, good people and great brand.

Cons

Things move slowly - it's a big ship and is hard to turn

Great place to learn and grow!

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I worked for the Disney company just under 13 years before I left. I started right out of HS and was able to grow as a professional through many different positions there. Top notch training and some of the best leaders I have ever worked for. Great benefits.

Cons

Internal equity. As someone who worked there for so long (and in HR so I knew what people around me were making) I saw some inequality in the salaries. They should pay the people who have dedicated so many years to the company the same as those hired from the outside.

The Walt Disney Company is a magical company

Former Employee - IT Manager in Burbank, CA (US)
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Burbank, CA (US)

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Disney has great perks and compensation packages and allows employees to balance work-life duties. They take pride in having an educated and enthusiastic attitude towards employees and encourage new ideas.

Cons

Not much in the way of CONs at The Walt Disney company. They take steps to motivate and encourage additional training and education to enhance the employees contributions to the company. Depending on your education and role pay scale could be an issue.

Company values are superior to most other companies and creative thinking is encouraged. A wonderful workplace environment to grow and develop your career.

There is no place like Disney for gaining valuable work experience.

Former Employee - Full-Service Food and Beverage Cast Member in Lake Buena Vista, FL (US)

I worked at Walt Disney Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Strong work culture that you felt from property to property, from park to park. Thorough training program. Great opportunities to take your own learning and advancement into your own hands. I learned so much on how to treat guests with Disney-level hospitality.

Cons

Scheduling can be all over the place for DCP interns (I was fortunate to have a regular schedule when I was there the first time). There seems to be a lot of horizontal movement, which is great, but not as much vertical movement within the company.

Fantastic experience, great people with a lot of opportunities.

Former Employee - Workforce Management
    Former Employee - Workforce Management

I worked at Walt Disney Company as an intern

Pros

Great IE Experience in my internship. Supportive environment with many people to ask for help.

Cons

Hard to get a full-time offer

Backstage Disney

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Madrid (Spain)
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Madrid (Spain)

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

People I worked with was great
    Contact different sectors (home entertainment, FMCG, cinema, TV, videogames, publishing..)
    Conection with the brand and consumers
    Benefits

Cons

Not clear career opprotunities
    Global strategies not properly shared

Great company to work for with good perks and great brand recognition.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Glendale, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Glendale, CA (US)

I have been working at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ample training budget, company will pay for relocation expenses, and Disney perks are great for a family. There are several segments to the business and it depends on which segment you work in as to how happy you'll be. They're all different and feel like separate companies at times.

Cons

Pay is lower than working for a start-up. Disney legal is very strict about what you can/can't say about what you've accomplished while working for Disney. I would like to contribute back to the community on open source projects and that is very hard to do.

A company which I love and will always be with me no matter where I may go.

Former Employee - Editor & Product Marketing Associate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Editor & Product Marketing Associate in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Diversity and wonderful perks for cast members.
    Trainings are done professional and in a creative manner.

Cons

Company should get all cast members involve in decision-making that may or may not affect them.

Shouldn't ex-cast members be able to work for Disney offices in the states, with past experience from Disney offices from all around the world?

Magical Place To Work

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Burbank, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Burbank, CA (US)

I worked at Walt Disney Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Disney is a great place to work. The company benefits were outstanding, the best I ever had. I enjoy working in the creative department and seeing the magic being created.

Cons

Hard to move out of an Administrative Assistant role into a higher position. Assistants are expected to support numerous executives and can be stressful at times.

Great Perks Challenging Jobs

Current Employee - Professional Intern in Lake Buena Vista, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Professional Intern in Lake Buena Vista, FL (US)

I have been working at Walt Disney Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Work on large scale objects, eposure to the entaitenment industry for engineers, lots of data, free park entrance for you and your friends, discounts on anything that has to do with Disney, great training

Cons

low salary compared to other places, might get lost in such a huge company, your job depends greatly on who your boss is

higher pay,