Warnaco Group

Add Photos

Warnaco Group President and CEO Helen McCluskey

Helen McCluskey

Lot's to Look Forward To

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGood compensation. Great people in the ranks.Met some great people who have become good friends.

ConsExecutive management and their HR cronies! What a joke! The CEO thinks she’s a role model and has no clue about what the rank and file really think. We've watched her push great people out and fill exec ranks with her cronies and others of little substance and no vision. The product and quality got weaker and weaker as process and margin became king so she could sell out.. Day-to-day business was crashing but new business (countries) and off price masked the realities

Advice to Senior ManagementYou got the last laugh and walked away with the big money but hopefully people will know the truth and you won't be able to repeat this performance. iUnder new leadership we WILL clean this up.

Traditional Corporate environment...

Wovens Designer (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsTraditional corporate environment with good salaries, benefits & profit sharing.

ConsOnce you hit the glass ceiling - that's it. I was hard pressed to find challenges in my role after a few years & there was a lot of re-structuring in design department on an on-going bases.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there are no way to promote a designer, they should be allowed to switch categories to allow for new skill development & freshness in the product line (ie...knits designer & bottoms designer switch positions).

Legal intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe discounts were great. They generally were 50% off.

ConsI cannot think of any cons.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rewarding but short

Retail Manager (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsField locations are given independent decision making authority to satisfy customers. Corporate support is good and encourages questions from the field.

ConsCEO doesn't practice what she preaches, always looking out for number one while pretending to care for the little guy.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide feedback to the top when message is not resonating with the intended recipient. When in the field, interact with employees more to get candid feedback.

No winder it was bought out by PVH

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat brands, lots of potential

ConsBad management and work atmosphere. All different brands were so isolated from each other and there was no team spirit. All workers including management talked about each other, it made it hard to build relationships and trust your colleagues. There was no monthly reviews or meetings at all with the head of different sectors, my senior said to me before "sure no one knows what they are doing, its about figuring it" when I asked for guidance on a project. There was also nowhere to move up in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to communicate better. Build a better atmosphere so workers like coming into work. Stop talking about employees when others are in earshot. Organise regular meetings and assessments.

Great company to work for

Summer Intern (Former Employee) Milford, CT (US)

ProsNice work environment, good employee discounts and you will work with great people.

ConsThe position was in CT, 60 mile commute each way from NYC

Good potential , but short-termism messes things up

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oud-Gastel (Netherlands)

ProsThe work conditions are good and the environment is informal, managers are in general flexible and understanding, and some are very qualified and care about employees. Corporate information flow from semior management to employees has improved.

ConsProjects are often started but never finished, it is hard to find out who is accountable for what. The high level goals are more or less clear, but the path to get there is usually pretty vague and changing, which makes planning hard, as well as getting any commitment from stakeholders.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

I have enjoyed my time at Warnaco and look forward to continued employment for years to come.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Duncansville, PA (US)

ProsLocal management strives to build into the local associates. They voice the local concerns to the corporate partners even when it seems to fall on deaf ears. Local associates are provided many small things such as luncheons and various award programs.

ConsLocal headcounts are so tight that it leaves no room growing outside of the current position. Although growth is encouraged verbally, time constraints leave little time for the activities that will lead to the growth.

It is a good company to work for.

Financial Systems (Current Employee) Milford, CT (US)

ProsBenifits and employee engagements are good. Great employees.

ConsManagement needs to better direct.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet training on better management skills.

Very good benefits and perks, decent pay

IT Support (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGetting a huge employee discount on Warnaco's brands, loading up my wardrobe with many giveaway sample items, excellent health benefits, good holidays and vacations, good 401(k) plan, decent profit sharing. It also has a somewhat relaxed, creative and open culture.

ConsLimited growth in some areas, like IT, especially depending on your location. Fairly high staff turnover (although I don't know if it's unusual for that industry.) Raises and promotions are minimal unless you are already higher up.

Worked for Warnaco Group? Contribute to the Community!