Warnaco Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Warnaco Group President and CEO Helen McCluskey

Helen McCluskey

They are closed in our area now

Temp Picker (Former Employee) Duncansville, PA (US)

ProsThe days were predictable at first and the work was consistent and predictable. It was fast paced and kept you busy on your feet all day so the day went faster. I was a temp so most standard employee benefits did not apply to me. Job was pretty simple and straight forward and I was able to work first shift. My daughter's father was also a long time full time employee of the company (9 years plus).

ConsThere were stretches of weeks without a day off and working 9 hour shifts 7 days a week wears you out. The supervisors tended to sit on their butt's shooting the breeze all day but frowned upon anyone who would take more than a too tight amount of time to complete a task. My assignment was ended after I missed too many days for court hearings and then had to take a day for my daughter to be in the hospital. As a single parent that was horrible to have to chose if I go to work and then who cares for my child or do I lose my job and make sure she is ok. You went no where any how and were treated poorly as a temp and you couldn't sit down for even a second. In the final days that this branch was open they really even treated their long term employees horribly.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank goodness you are closed. Understand that single parents need one day off now and again. Don't end people's assignments over court days and real health emergencies. Understand that employees are human and not robots.

Great place to work

ProsTeam work, training, motivation,

ConsChange management, take over

My experience at Warnaco was very satisfying and I would have stayed forever if the company wasn't sold.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a comfortable environment, the director of my department trusted me to do my job and but was always available if needed.

ConsThere were a lot of issues with the processing system we used. We were constantly on the phone trying to get the error corrected.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High turnover, terrible management, too many meetings

Designer (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGood benefits and a decent discount on products.

ConsManagement not great within department - found managers to be quite unprofessional. Examples included doing things like participating in and encouraging petty and/or negative gossip, complete disorganization, and constant tardiness. Also, I think one manager had a psychiatric disorder; this person was insanely paranoid and borderline abusive and really contributed to a negative atmosphere. There was a high turnover of employees within this department, and I think the managers really contributed to that. Growth within the company not great. Also the constant town hall meetings, department meetings and various HR-organized gatherings (picnics, ice cream parties, karaoke parties, scavenger hunts, workshops, etc. etc) were quite tiring and time consuming, eating into the time that would have been well spent working on projects. Unfortunately, declining any of these meetings or events was very frowned upon.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement training would probably help with some of the issues. Psychiatric evaluations for managers not a bad idea either. Also, less meetings would probably help with people being able to meet deadlines.

I learned a lot and got some great opportunities

Intern (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsVery poor leadership and management

it was a job that i got to go to every morning for the past 12 years.

Stock Associate (Former Employee) Huntingdon, PA (US)

Prosi got to learn some new work skills while i was at warnaco,got to know some really good hard working people at warnaco also.

Consthere was never any down size at warnaco,because we all got along,there was one down size at warnaco and that was when we all lost our jobs.

Advice to Senior Managementupper management was pretty good, because they were aways there for the employees when they needed any help with any issues.

Friendly, relaxed atmosphere

Accounting and Finance (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsAt Montreal office: really friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Workload fit into your day. No forced overtime. Great people. Too bad finance was transferred to corporate office and ultimately company bought by PVH. Wish I was still there.

ConsMy manager the last few years I was there was the biggest con. But at least I was not micro-managed so I didn't have to deal with him much. Yearly reviews were useless and counter-productive. Communication between managers could have been better.

terrible working conditions

Picker (Former Employee) Duncansville, PA (US)

Prosit almost payed the bills

Conslow pay, lack of hours

Advice to Senior Managementpay more

Great benefits, huge employee discount, friendly staff and executives.

Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsIn general, it was a pretty laid-back atmosphere. Most people were friendly and most executives were approachable. Employees, for the most part, were treated like people. Occasional "thank yous" like ice cream parties would pop up.

ConsThere seemed to be a disconnect between different divisions and departments. This was especially evident in the IT world. Collaboration overall could be much stronger. Fairly high turnover, especially in the design areas, would put a strain on resources and morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to do more to keep talent, especially in the design areas as well as IT. This could be done by offering more competitive salaries and higher than insulting 2-4% annual raises.

Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTypical corporate environment. Overall great place to work. Benefits and compensation were up to par with what was in the industry

ConsLittle room for career advancement. Overall travel was quite extensive.

Worked for Warnaco Group? Contribute to the Community!