Warner Bros. Home Entertainment

Add Photos

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment President Kevin Tsujihara

Kevin Tsujihara

Great place to work

Analyst (Former Employee) Burbank, CA (US)

ProsAccess to the Warner Bros Lot, good atmosphere. Lots of perks when it comes to screenings, premiers, and theatrical releases.

ConsStruggling industry with the increase in piracy and digital media.

Slow paced work environment. Spikes at times..but mostly easy going.

ProsAmazing exposure to a plethora of activities related to the entertainment industry. Nice people and wonderful office.

ConsNot much really. Business is unable to keep pace with fast changing demands and hence slow to adapt to best practises

Wonderful place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Burbank, CA (US)

ProsGreat people to work with. Competitive compensation and benefits.

ConsLimited room for advancement depending on the area you are in. More emphasis on training and development of talent is needed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Finance and Accounting = absolute insanity

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Burbank, CA (US)

ProsThe work is interesting and some of the employees are nice

ConsLow pay. Constant issues with software and absolutely crazy co-workers. Most of the co-workers are friendly, but there are a few real nutjobs. One easy fix, would be random drug testing. My boss screamed at me for not correcting her errors fast enough? I heard she makes my replacement cry on a regular basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrug testing! As much as I would dislike peeing into a cup, it would be worth it to get rid of some of the employees. Fix the accounting systems and process!

The absolute BEST place for mediocrity

ProsWork life balance - clock in 9 clock out 6
    Work is not very hard - mostly template filling type jobs
    Not too stressful - little accountability
    Easy to impress - do anything above average work.....people are impressed....

ConsNo diversity - white, male, above the age of 40....anyone else.....expect a triple paned glass ceiling
    Hyper-political - WB "claims" to be a kinder, gentler studio - not the case. Intrigue, backstabbing, across ALL levels.
    Don't expect to learn much
    If you are smart, prepared to have your ideas marginalized or stolen

Advice to Senior ManagementDo you think it makes sense for strategy for a group of white, men, 40+ to be setting strategy/product direction for a world that is consuming your product digitally?

There are VPs in the organization who barely show up to work, steal other people's work and pass it off as their own, know embarrassingly little about new media, and are general liabilities to the company - not addressing people/issues and tolerating this behavior is a reflection of Senior Management. It says that you condone this behavior and that getting ahead in this company has little to do with merit.....

There is so much potential.......but cleaning house is imperative.....otherwise you are just building on a "house of cards". People are not loyal to you or your company because of this........

A Great Experience Overall

Manager (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsWonderful perks like discount DVD products, employee screening and good compensation package (esp. Pension).
    A fast-paced environment where you learn many valuable skills.
    Great team work and rapport.

ConsIt was stressful at times to deal with the demanding requests from the U.S. Headquarters office. (I worked at the Canadian Division)
    There isn't much work life balance as management.

Fantastic Company to work for!

EVP (Former Employee) Burbank, CA (US)

ProsSmart people doing smart things; it's a big company, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Despite the frustrations of many levels of approval to get things done, ultimately they always do the right thing.

ConsCan be frustrating due to many levels of approval to get something done.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak down the decision barriers to move more quickly.

supervisor

Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

Prosa lot of good talent

Constoo much work too little time

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Contractor-treated like 2nd rate employees

Designer (Current Employee) Burbank, CA (US)

Prosget to go on the lot.

ConsMarketing and people in management are not the most clever people.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont think you are the know all. Listen to others who may not be management.

THINGS ARE A CHANGIN'

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burbank, CA (US)

ProsDepending on your group and your boss, the environment can be fun and supportive. Pay is decent, benefits, sick and vacation time are good.

ConsLand grabbing, a growing political environment and favoritism emanates from the walls in the creative groups. Changes happen all the time, but some decisions are indescribably ignorant. New Senior Management of the Studio was a poor decision. One of the leaders has no place having that position. Trickle down affect.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen and engage in dialogue with your staff, instead of opting for arguments. Management has so much on their plate, they forget conversations, they get impatient and grumpy.

Worked for Warner Bros. Home Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!