Warner Music

Be The First To
Add Photos

Warner Music CEO Stephen F. Cooper

Stephen F. Cooper

Pros
  • Nice employees with many different interests which develop a unique work environment(in 9 reviews)

• Great people, productive working environment, and overall a nice place to work(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • No pay, but not a bad thing at all considering the experience and networking opportunities you are gaining(in 5 reviews)

• Disconnect between upper management and employees(in 4 reviews)

Creative environment, but not the most organized

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsCreative environment, Some perks (free shows and events at work)

ConsDisorganization, stagnant morale in some departments

Good team, but be prepared to fight tooth and nail for any sort of promotion

ProsGreat teams and employees, you'll learn a lot - mostly about yourself. Everyone makes loads of effort to make it a nice environment to work and play in.

ConsHaving to be a 'Yes' team in an overlooked department takes its toll. Especially when you work so hard to make a difference.

Spring Intern

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGave me invaluable background in performing arts business; taught me how to navigate a large corporate setting; allowed me freedom to develop my skills; free CDs and concerts sometimes

ConsRecorded music as an industry is majorly restructuring so it was clear it wasn't a place where I was going to get a job for what I wanted to do. My managers were a bit petty and unprofessional at times, I think because they were stressed about their job stability. In general didn't seem to be a future-oriented place to work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work even though the industry has been facing some hard times.

Product Manager (Former Employee) Jakarta (Indonesia)

ProsFun and creative work environment. Great staff and amazing teamwork made difficult . The regional and international affiliates are kind and supportive.

ConsThe industry has been unstable so career growth is sometimes hard to achieve.

Excellent company. They take care of their employees.

Legal (Former Employee) Westwood, CA (US)

ProsI was in the Rhino Records division. It was casual, and the employees, owners, and managers had a mutual respect that was refreshing.

ConsMaybe a little difficult to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more incentives for promotions.

Accounting Director

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsOffice location
    Industry is fun
    Summer Hours

ConsPoor Mid level Leadership
    Huge rotation of personal
    Office Bullying
    Not clear career path
    Not clarity on leadership roles
    Lack of 360 reviews
    Huge support to external Consultants over employees
    No training budget
    For new hires Only 6 sick days per year and 10 vacation days (regardless of level)
    Low salaries
    Lack of consistency in titles within the Finance Organization. (You can find 5 year of experience Directors vs 15 years of experience ones)

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Finance organization need a clearer structure

Great passionate colleagues but leadership detached from real issues

Digital Distribution (Former Employee)

ProsReally good colleagues, exciting developments in digital content distribution, great artists and great nights out

Consweak US driven leadership, low salaries, long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower local and international teams, US based leadership not adopting change fast enough

Interning at Warner was great if you are independent, otherwise you can find another place to get coffee at.

Intern (Former Employee) Nashville, TN (US)

ProsNetworking! As an intern, you have access to contacts all over the music business; use them to your advantage!

ConsCo-workers and management are not very helpful; you are the bottom of the bottom, and they treat you like you will be replaced in three months. No real hands on training for anything practical in the music business; everything I learned, I learned because I sat in their office for an hour and picked their brains.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your interns more; you're going to be working for one once "The Big Three" shrink to "The Big One." Bye bye music industry!

Cool place to work

Worker (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat people, productive working environment, and overall a nice place to work.

ConsDisconnect between upper management and employees. Needs to incorporate team building activities to make the relationship between the two more cohesive.

Nice perks and great place to work if you abide by MBAs attitude

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsMusic, creativity, work-life balance and location.

ConsExperience in the industry is moot; they want MBAs with attitudes over experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementMBAs have their place, but don't get rid of all the experience for a 5 year model from someone who never worked in the industry.

Worked for Warner Music? Contribute to the Community!