Wave Broadband Reviews

2.2
Steve Weed

1. Customer Service/ Sales/ Billing

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time

Pros

Nice start up job pays $13/hr. Small company wverybody knows everybody. Easy commute. Consistent pay. (every other friday) easy to request for time offs. Very laid back no hard selling. No scripted spiels

Cons

Stagnant. No pay increase no matter how long you stay with them. Its a joke that you have to do billing and sales ans customer svc all at the same time and they base your stats on sales. businesss reps are always at the top bec they have same goals as you do in residential customers ofcourse they get a lot more sales bec business customers will usually order like 3 phone lines per call.

Advice to Management

None

2. Service Technician

Former Employee - Installer/Service Tech in Concord, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Installer/Service Tech in Concord, CA (US)

I worked at Wave Broadband (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent pay after 6 years.

Cons

Lousy management, Installers and service techs chronically overbooked, terrible dispatch/customer service, no support in the field whatsoever. All holidays taken away. Chronic signal issues in the system never get fixed, just a lot of finger pointing. Worst company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of Kirklands upper management's behinds and your stupid numbers crunching and provide real support where it's needed.

3. Rewarding but challenging

I worked at Wave Broadband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Potential growth, compensation, good people that want to do a great job

Cons

Too many changes in senior management

Advice to Management

Share the company strategic direction with employees

5. NOC Analyst

Current Employee - NOC Analyst in Kirkland, WA (US)
    Current Employee - NOC Analyst in Kirkland, WA (US)

I have been working at Wave Broadband

Pros

Teamwork, you do not stand alone in this group.

Cons

Though you may not stand alone you have to lean on your team to get trained at this job. The tasks presented to the WAVE noc analyst are far reaching of those from other companies, here not only do you monitor network nodes, but also email ques, Cell Towers, And all with little to no CLEAR Consistent documentation on how to handle the crises at hand.

Advice to Management

You have a great attitude that bleeds down to the rest of the company, a hard trait to find and commendable, Try to build some consistency, when acquiring new markets and staffs from those markets, have them adjust to the WAVE way, not Wave adjust to them.

Fast paced.

I worked at Wave Broadband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you fit the environment you will succeed. The work environment seemed to be improving steadily.

Cons

Lack of experience/ability from new hires/co-workers bringing more work for others.

Advice to Management

Everything seems to be moving in the right direction.

7. Not what I want in a career.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Wave Broadband (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some OK people though few and far between

Cons

Favorite's are clearly played
    Mean customers
    Poor shifts
    Sub par managers are kept inspire of years of complaints
    No growth
    Belittlement in front of others
    Bad behavior ignored if person shows up on time and kinda does there job.

Advice to Management

They would not listen anyway.

8. It was a great work environment.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Woodburn, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Woodburn, OR (US)

I worked at Wave Broadband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a great company. I loved the interaction with all the customers. I did events for Wave Broadband. I was successful
    and enjoyed my job very much.

Cons

The commute was a bit far. I live in Tigard, so the commute was a little farther than anticipated. Then I would drive to customers all over small towns included.

Advice to Management

They were always very on point. They ere always helping us with new technology.

9. Wave Broadband - Start Up after 10 Years?

I worked at Wave Broadband (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great. Really enjoyed the teamwork, especially when focused on achieving a common goal.

Cons

Lack of/Zero processes. Five subsidiary companies selling against each other versus the real competition. No internal cooperation/communications.

I love working for Wave (first real job)

Current Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Kirkland, WA (US)

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a growing company with lots of room to improve, learn a lot and be a part of something that is getting increasingly better all the time.

Cons

The experience with other CSR employees 9customer service) I adore everyone. Although the training could be more expansive. There is not much guidance on how to mange your time, your work or your tasks. It's go, go, go because there is plenty to do. We simply need more people to handle the growing volume.

Management and leads could do more. But not alone. There should be several more specialized leads. More of a Retention Team. There is only one lead, and I have yet to have a meeting with him on how to improve. Granted my scores and stats are great. But there is a lot to this position that is above me because of lack of experience.

The resources to learn more on your own are also lacking. There is not take home resources to expand on. Even the inside databases lack information. It's either really old information to look at, or the last big email everyone received at once.

I love working here but I hope they are open to people who have skills that could be utilized in the call center environment.

Also, there needs to be a way to better communicate events. We're required to give feedback every day, but we aren't required or taught how to follow up on issues to retain current customers with the most current issues. Follow up trainging and resources are needed to good Customer Suppport, which we do try very hard for every day. The teams are great, we just need more. So do the leads, they need more skills and more help, and much more time to grow. They shouldn't be taking so many SUP CALLs. That is for sure... We should all work harder to resolve issues. This is not pressed in the slightest, nor are we allowed the time when the *few* of us who do try, simply are denied the necessary time. Going back to the point, that there just isn't enough poeple.

If you want a challenge, are up for fast pace and growth opporunity working with customers and being on the computer, this job is for you. The benefits for getting your stats, meeting your goals are great. I make over $2000 a month, and earning more consistently every month for my improvement.

Was promoted to retention after less than a year. Granted, this was a good choice for my personality/care for customers.

Advice to Management

Grow your leads to specify skills and grow the teams.

The most unprofessional call center I've encountered

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA (US)

I have been working at Wave Broadband full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is free soda and tea. You can get a discounted ORCA card if needed. You get a small but regular paycheck.

Cons

Firstly, you need to be prepared for a high school environment. In my department, there is a lead who out loud knit-picks emails received. This lead also likes to criticize and belittle subordinates to other subordinates. One of the now former employees blew her nose very loudly (annoying yes) and the lead said, "Is there an elephant is here." Also, after helping a subordinate and he was safely back at his desk, he called the subordinated "retarded." Professionalism is not to be expected from even the directors. One of the directors likes to sing or make funny voices very loudly in the call center. That's when she is not screaming, "Roll to the next call." If you work in customer service be prepared for required overtime every week because they can't keep employees.

The computer programs are a joke. The have one from the 1980s which they are allegedly finally going to retire. However, looking at the lousy new programs they have been launching, it's doubtful that will make much difference.

They keep piling more and more tasks to each work group and adding more and more steps to each tasks. Efficiency is not in their vocabulary.

Don't expect more that lateral movement in this company.

Advice to Management

Hire a consultant to teach you about efficiency, professional, and effective management because you don't have a clue.

Wave Broadband Photos