Wells Fargo

3.1 5,593 reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

(3,036 ratings)

Pros
  • Work life balance is great with telecommuting option available(in 216 reviews)

• The company provides great benefits like health insurance, employee discounts etc(in 462 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products(in 470 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment(in 108 reviews)

5,593 Employee Reviews

Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople, culture, benefits, project and location

ConsPolitics, too much going on which affects day to day activity

SALES SALES SALES SALES

Lead Teller (Current Employee) High Point, NC (US)

ProsBenefits- Time off, 401k,

ConsIn retail all they care about is sales

Dependant on your location and manager

ProsGreat growth opportunity, hire and promote from within.

ConsAggressive sales environment
    Pressure from management
    Self sourcing required in some areas, but not in others.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am fortunate enough to be at a busy store so we can rely on walk-ins and inbound calls to meet our sales goals, but other stores in the district see a fourth of what we do, yet their sales goals are the same. I think that is very unfair and is the cause of such high turnover. Use common sense and adjust the goals to compensate for store traffic.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome work experience

Teller (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

Prosgreat company to work for well taken care of as an employee.

Consnone. i am very satisfied with the company as a whole.

Banking Industry

Business Banking Specialist II (Current Employee) Newtown, PA (US)

ProsIt's a really good company that take family time into account for its employees.

ConsI find it very hard to move up in any position. The management teams constantly are pushing for making your sales numbers which I understand, but at the same time I am over qualified for the position I am in. That is one of the main reasons I am looking to move up within Wells Fargo or outside if they can't seem to see the benefits of keeping one of their own happy. I open checking and savings accounts all day not something I thought I'd be doing with a Masters degree and over 20 years experience in Managing.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart reviewing your internal people for possible move ups instead of looking outside the company. I took my original position with Wells Fargo to get my foot in the door not to find it stuck in cement, the branches I've been at I do not see the room for growth that I am looking for.

Teller

Teller (Former Employee) Arcata, CA (US)

ProsWork schedule is put out monthly. You are treated like you work for a legitimate company and are valued. This largely might be based upon the team you work with but I had an excellent branch manager and leadership team.

ConsHaving to constantly sell banking products! I didn't realize a teller was basically a salesperson. You are constantly trying to sell something to each and every customer.

3 Years at Wells Fargo

CSSR (Current Employee) Kannapolis, NC (US)

ProsThe best reasons to work for WF is the schedule.

ConsToo concentrated on sales, not the need of the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementStand up for your employees. Tell your staff how they perform more often, whether good or bad.

Good Place to work

Teller (Current Employee) Riverside, CA (US)

ProsAlways good people, and you get to meet alot of the customers personally and know them perosnally.

ConsVery Sales Drive, management bonuses on the line.

Advice to Senior Managementtake it easy

Incredible company!!!!

ProsThis is the best, most inclusive company I've ever worked for. You get what you put in so the sky is literally the limit

ConsThere are sometimes to many bankers and not enough customers to allow everyone to hit their goal. That's not a real big con however because if you build a strong customer base and your outgoing you will do incredible

Excellent training, good people, positive work environment.

Teller (Former Employee) Opelika, AL (US)

ProsLots of growth opportunities with a comprehensive online training library. Benefits for half-time workers.

ConsSales goals are very high. Some of the customer service training seems condescending or non-applicable.

Advice to Senior ManagementRefine customer service training. For new hires, start with the goals proration instead of having it hit them right before bonuses are announced.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!