Wells Fargo

3.1 6,093 reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

(3,064 ratings)

Pros
  • The service is top rate to the customers and the work/life balance is very good (in 241 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 431 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 481 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment (in 111 reviews)

More Highlights
6,093 Employee Reviews

Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople, culture, benefits, project and location

ConsPolitics, too much going on which affects day to day activity

Working at Wells Fargo was a great experience.

Loan Processor (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsI enjoyed the diversity, the different business, such as healthcare, personal care ,food court. Every thing you need was there.

ConsThe compensation for me was a challenge, since I was hired on a low pay scale, but it didn't interfere with my performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be fair with each employee, and since we all are adults, treat each other with respect.

Personal Banker

Personal Banker I (SAFE) (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsVery stable company. Plenty of opportunity to move on to other jobs.

ConsBanking, in its very nature, can become repetitive and boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease bonus payout amounts. Wells Fargo is extremely successful, and the stock is skyrocketing. Time to pay up !

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wells Fargo is a great place to work.

Research Remediation Associate (Current Employee) Fargo, ND (US)

ProsThey provide generous compensation and benefits. They stress equality and are great at helping you grow and succeed.

ConsThe sick policy can take its toll if you have children.

Had so many interviews (on the phone). They would forget, or just never call back. Until the one time I called back.

Collector I (Current Employee) Roanoke, VA (US)

ProsWhen I called back they allowed me to come in for a face to face. After a week I found out I was chosen to be hired. Good not to long, not to short interview process, make you feel comfortable during interview , down to earth recruiting staff, not long before I stated working :)

ConsChanged my training class 3 days before I started, other than that none.

Good company with solid foundations

Personal Banker I (Former Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsWells Fargo is a stable well-balanced bank west of the Mississippi with ample room for vertical and horizontal growth within the company. Great benefits for all employees, both full and part time.

ConsCompensation takes in account all of the great benefits. The team members love to spend time with each other outside of work golfing or helping in charitable events.

Great place to work, many opportunities!

Human Resources (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsLarge company with many locations and the ability to move around in the company. I was displaced twice; however, I always found another role within the company. Most managers/leaders really care about their employees. I enjoyed going to work.

ConsTravel with some positions can mean lots of travel. A lot of employees become burned out, especially during a merger and the amount of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees and give them honest feedback. Promote learning and advancement on all levels.

not a bad company to work for

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

Prosgreat environment, helpful people, great 401k plan

Consno opportunities for growth and development

Great Employer

Financial Crime Specialist (Current Employee) Roanoke, VA (US)

ProsBenefits, performance pay, company is very understanding to your needs

ConsI don't have any cons, loved the company

The Enterprise Eco Solutions Project with Wells Fargo is absolutely sensational.

Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsFlexibility, Sense of Entitlement, Excellent Team Work and project team reliability.

ConsContract ends too soon, too early and the protocols aren't in the contractors favor.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind the finances for more permanent jobs. Wells waste money on training 3 - 6 months only to train someone else in the same role 12 months later. Employees become a major part of the team only to be relieved of their duties as contractors.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!