Wendy's

Wendy's Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Wendy's President and Chief Executive Officer Emil Brolick

Emil Brolick

Pros
  • Good first job and had a family environment (in 14 reviews)

• Good starter job for teens to learn basic customer service skills in a fast paced environment (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • The cons to working at Wendy's is that it's hot in the back and it is usually for long hours (in 32 reviews)

• The worst part is the fact that you're making minimum wage for all of the stuff you put up with (in 32 reviews)

More Highlights

friendly working environment

Crew Member (Current Employee) Adelaide

Prosgood working environment and nice colleagues

Consno room for promotion; short working hours and low rate pay

I loved working there.

Crew Member (Former Employee) Poplar Bluff, MO (US)

ProsGreat management. I loved the people I worked for.

ConsNot many hours at all. 13 a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing great.

I absolutely love my job.

Crew Member (Current Employee) Cranston, RI (US)

ProsAwesome managers, working an average of 20-30 hours a week part time, awesome coworkers, 50% employee discount, easy to work your way up the management chain.

ConsWorking with the public can be really irritating. They can be rude, ignorant, and just plain mean. I've had people scream in my face because their sandwich had lettuce on it when they didn't want lettuce..

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is just an awesome company, I love it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Has its days

Crew Member (Current Employee) Louisville, KY (US)

ProsHas a very easy to learn system and positions with a little drive and motivation you could move up in the company real fast.

ConsRaises can be real small and they make a big deal about them. When getting a small raise you are moved to a high paid employee and are sent home more often when their labor costs get high.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees should have certain amount of time a year that when they ask for it off they get it off no matter.

Great place to work through school

Crew Member (Former Employee) Madison, WI (US)

ProsFlexible schedule. Chances to move into management.

ConsNo highly paid but of course its fast food.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was pretty happy with management.

Excellent place of employment

Cashier/Crew (Former Employee) Eufaula, AL (US)

ProsThe best reasons for working at Wendy's was the ability of the crew working together to get the job done. We had the best managers ever.

Consyou always received the proper training before being left alone to do your job

Advice to Senior ManagementIn every business there is room for improvement. From past experiences I think the management team at Wendys 505 in Eufaula "ROCKS"

Very stressful environment.

Fast Food Cashie (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsFriendly coworkers but that's pretty much it.

ConsAll management is completely horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your lazy butt and actually help during peak periods.

It was okay.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsQuality food is always being served at this particular fast food restaurant, the pay is pretty much equal to what you'll get at similar jobs, and the hours aren't bad.

ConsThe politics involved in moving up make it difficult to want a promotion and depending on your management, it can be a pretty rough experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to value your employees - It hurts when someone thinks of you as less than them simply because of a salary difference.

Cashier

Fast Food Cashier (Former Employee) Honolulu, HI (US)

ProsCo workers and managers were very helpful. It was my first job and it was a good place to get a work experience

ConsIt is open until 1 am and closing takes about an hour. Not a good place if you don't drive

Friendly service with a smile.

Crew Member (Current Employee) Monticello, IN (US)

ProsMost of the staff is really great and fun to work with, including most of management. Everyone seems to enjoy working there most of the time.

ConsIt is hard to get 30 to 40 hours there because they want people to be part time.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a computer screen for the fry station, it is hard for the fry person to hear every order from three areas! And get better ventilation for the fry area....it is always smoky.

Worked for Wendy's? Contribute to the Community!