Whirlpool

Whirlpool Reviews

Updated Apr 08, 2014

Whirlpool Chairman and CEO Jeff M. Fettig

Jeff M. Fettig

Pros:
  • "Very interested in maintaining a good work/life balance"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Great place to work for someone looking to move up the career ladder"
    in 15 reviews
Cons:
  • "The company doesn't support work-life balance idea - you must be prepared for overtime working"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Wish that upper management was more open to flexible work arrangements"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Senior Global Director, implementing large scale apps dev, network eng, and end user computing programs, globally.

Global Senior Director - Global Business Solutions (Former Employee)
Benton Harbor, MI (US)

I worked at Whirlpool full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGlobal program management opportunities, tremendous individual skills growth opportunities.

Cons"Mom and Pop" feel, Vs Corporate Industry Leader. Both advantageous, and disadvantageous, depending on your level and role within the firm.

Company is performing well now, but red tape continues to hold back top performers

Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Whirlpool full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe culture is relaxed with a great work/life balance. The pay is competitive and the bonus for the last two years has been great.

ConsHR continues to hold top performers back ensuring their pay does not exceed their salary bands. This creates little incentive to perform well from a salary perspective, when your merit increase is larger than your promotion salary increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the people you've hired do their job. There is no reason a director should be signing $1M contracts when you're a $20B company! Look outside of corporate headquarters for talent and continue to push for solutions to allow global connectivity.

Great professional experience in a fast paced environment

Procurement Analyst (Current Employee)
Varese (Italy)

I have been working at Whirlpool full-time for less than a year

ProsGrowth opportunities in a fast paced environment, very skilled people and management, great place to learn procurement practices, international environment

ConsDuring periods of challenging projects, work life balance suffers in order to meet expectations and deliver results. Office location

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going and we'll deliver extraordinary results

It was a great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Saint Joseph, MI (US)

I worked at Whirlpool as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat company culture and intern program. Good place to build a career

ConsBenton Harbor/ St. Joseph area is very small and there's not much there apart from Whirlpool

Fantastic opportunity

Platform Leader (Current Employee)
Wrocław (Poland)

I have been working at Whirlpool full-time for more than 8 years

ProsDiversity Inclusion, challenging environment, positive culture

ConsYoung not experience team, complex business

Great Company, Great People!

Market Manager (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Whirlpool full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe people at Whirlpool are awesome. The Corporate HQ is based in Michigan and reflect great Midwestern values. I have had 4 managers since being hired and they were all fantastic leaders. Very interested in maintaining a good work/life balance.

ConsNot sure Corporate understands what is actually happening in the marketplace. Sometimes they put inexperienced people in key positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work but pay a little more attention to the "foot soldiers".

Wasted 27 yrs of my life

Assembler (Former Employee)
Fort Smith, AR (US)

I worked at Whirlpool full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe pay and hours were good when I started. Meet some of the best people I ever worked with.

ConsThe company only cares about the profit, not about the employees. They started making us work every Saturday of the month with only 1 weekend off. They offer insurance for the employees but it doesn't pay anything towards the bill. Was told by a employee at the dentist office that Whirlpool's dental was the worst they had ever seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some classes on people skills & ethics. And start treating your employees better. Because without them you wouldn't have a job or the BIG bonuses.

Great place to work

I have been working at Whirlpool

ProsLots of room for advancement, lot of good people

ConsToo big, one department doesn't know what the other is doing.Poor performance rating system. Upper management does not promote from within.

Advice to Senior Managementpromote from within and rework performance rating system

Good company but many issues

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Whirlpool full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat career advancement opportunities but paid a price for it. Fortunate to have some bright and cutting edge bosses who helped me advance quite far in a short period of time. I learned a tremendous amount during my 8 years there and had some memorable experiences.

ConsNasty office politics with fighting among departments. Me first attitude among senior execs rather than team first. Borderline unethical quarter-end pushes that never end.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow people to make mistakes without compromising their career. I saw way too many good people lose their career for taking a risk. Fix the fighting among departments as it kills the underlying team's morale. Stop the quarter-end pushes. It is a great company if you are fortunate enough to hitch your wagon to a star but life is miserable if you are unlucky and have boss who is not a star.

LDP program

I have been working at Whirlpool

ProsGood exposure to the leadership. Business oriented experience. Travel to international locations.

ConsSmaller area of location. Not good if you are a young person who likes to hang out with friends. Relationship based company and too old school in many ways.

Worked for Whirlpool? Contribute to the Community!

Whirlpool Videos

Whirlpool – Why Work for Us?

We’re the largest global home appliance manufacturer in the world, but we’re still just a small town company in our hearts. We create products that make millions of people’s lives easier every day, and we’re committed… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whirlpool reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Whirlpool CEO Jeff M. Fettig. All 348 reviews are posted anonymously by Whirlpool employees.