Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Workday Co-CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros:
  • "My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Great people and a really great company"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth"
    in 6 reviews
  • "They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Best place to work!!

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI could gush about how much I love working at Workday, but the simple fact is I will look back (in 30 years) at my time and say it was the single best work experience of my life!

ConsDo I really need one?

Sales Director Southeast

Regional Sales Director Atlanta Area (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSuperior Solutions for HR, Payroll and Financials for organizations with experienced management and employees at all levels who work together. We offer excellent pay and sales territories for the company and especially large enterprise sales for Georgia, TN and Kentucky along with other areas. I have been here almost 4 years and worked in NYC and now in the south. Love Workday !

ConsIn constant demand for best and brightest to keep our growth. Finding the right people for our culture and capable of selling value versus price for best results to customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and providing us the best solutions for our customers to get love quick and gain the most value for their organizations. We have 97%+ customer satisfaction that no one can beat with smart employees who care.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Innovative, Fun, Inspiring place to work

Software Applications Engineer (Current Employee)
Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

ProsYou know what you are working will have a large contribution to the company and to the overall benefit of our customers. With the new continuous development model we see our impact in as little as 2 weeks from when we developed it.

ConsThe company is growing so quickly and we are constantly trying to make our products better so sometimes the technology might change faster than we know how to adapt to it.

It is a very fun enviornment.

I have been working at Workday as an intern

ProsManager really cares about the employee.

ConsI have not experienced any negatives.

Excellent Employer

Senior Engagement Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorkday has innovative technology, highly intelligent and motivated co-workers and offers you the ability to manage your work arrangement for flexibility and balance. We work hard and achieve excellent results.

ConsWorkday is still a young company and suffers from immature corporate processes. For those who work outside of the Pleasanton corporate offices, communication can be blurred and opportunities are not as clear. In addition, unclear career paths seem to be the norm.

great company

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday as a contractor for less than a year

ProsEvery employee gets a laptop to work

ConsLocation is really far from SF

Everyone is Super Nice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros-Friendly People
-Fun Culture
-Is growing rapidly
-wants to get better
- is killing the competition

ConsPeople who have been in management since the company started aren't up-to-date with the consumer app quality that Workday is aspiring for. It really holds it down.
Many of the new people hired come from places that Google and Facebook would not hire from.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should be making offers to people from everyday brands to come in and help pick up some of the drag. Recruiting from similar companies to Workday will only bring the product down. Which I know Workday does not want.

Extremely poor European Management in the past

London, England (UK)

I have been working at Workday full-time

ProsDynamic fast paced company. Great technology and superior delivery. Talented sales individuals.

ConsThe European management has been a joke in the past. Previous head of EMEA and current CIO EMEA was/is a clown who network well upwards but are not well regarded by their peers locally. Brought in a blame/distrustful culture. Long standing employees who had served the company well but who did not "suck up " to these managers did not fare well. The head of EMEA referred to has left to be part of AsiaPac so hopefully improvements will follow.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide the facility for anonymous reviews of management. You may learn a great deal.

Fun place to work, but management could use training

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsFlexible work schedule. Open to working from home and there are lots of employees who work remotely from home offices 100% of the time.
Lots of employee "perks" and and fun contests.
Promote healthy lifestyle with health club discounts, brown bag seminars etc…
Product is great and getting even better.

Cons1st/2nd level managers are still doing an individual contributor jobs and thus aren't effective leaders or communicators
A lot of managers seem to be people who have just "been there a long time" not necessarily people who are true leaders. Manager Leadership training would be a huge help here.
Career path isn't obvious nor discussed.
PTO lags behind other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer training to your managers so they are more skilled at leading effectively.

Test Driven Development

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsVery vibrant atmosphere, free sodas! They really care about me. I feel loved.

ConsA ton of pressure. Very demanding.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!

Workday Videos

Workday – Why Work for Us?

The Enterprise Cloud for HR and Finance In 2005, longtime friends and software visionaries Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri set out to change an industry. They started with a clean sheet of paper and combined decades of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Workday reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Workday CEO Aneel Bhusri. All 113 reviews are posted anonymously by Workday employees.