Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros
  • My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management(in 7 reviews)

• Great people and a really great company(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth(in 6 reviews)

• They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area(in 5 reviews)

Best place to work, ever

Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsStarted paying super competitively as of November 2013 due to the IPO.
    Management cares about you, and the work place is friendly.
    It has an upbeat college atmosphere where you're expected to be extremely social.

ConsSome people spend all their time here. But that may be simply because they like it, not because they have to.
    People are often loud, joking, and jolly, which is mostly a pro but sometimes is distracting from work. You'll need some noise cancelling headphones if you want to concentrate.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp new hires understand what is expected of them.

Awesome Rollercoaster!

Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsBest technology; great people who are in it for the ride, not the cash; huge growth; focus on customer happiness (not screwing them for short term profits); a joined-up and exciting narrative; very honest about flaws and getting better at solving them. Positive, enthusiastic, professional staff - walk the floor: everyone is friendly and you won't know who the VP's as everyone is so friendly - no ivory towers here!

ConsNot as aggressive as competition; growing pains can leave gaps in the organisation and its processes can be clumsy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep staff informed, continue engaging with as many people internally as you can - the informal 'brown bag' sessions are great to get the big picture.

Innovative, Fun, Inspiring place to work

Software Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsYou know what you are working will have a large contribution to the company and to the overall benefit of our customers. With the new continuous development model we see our impact in as little as 2 weeks from when we developed it.

ConsThe company is growing so quickly and we are constantly trying to make our products better so sometimes the technology might change faster than we know how to adapt to it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast paced, innovation filled, collaborative environment

Professional Services (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsWorkday has been on a growth trajectory but has not changed in its basic outlook towards employees and customers. It's a fun place to work, where you get opportunities to work on exciting new projects. Work life balance is great - there may be some ups and downs in terms of work load, but overall a good balance is maintained. Management is very supportive and encourages innovative thinking. Decisions are made fast and emphasis is on trying, starting small and getting things done.

ConsCan't think of any.

Great Company with a Culture to Match

Applications Developer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsTraining here is long but very helpful to get you situated, flexibility in schedule, smart and amazing people to work with and everyone you see is excited to be at work.

ConsFor App Developers you need to keep other programming languages in your back pocket because you won't get to practice them here

It is a very fun enviornment.

ProsManager really cares about the employee.

ConsI have not experienced any negatives.

Excellent Employer

Senior Engagement Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsWorkday has innovative technology, highly intelligent and motivated co-workers and offers you the ability to manage your work arrangement for flexibility and balance. We work hard and achieve excellent results.

ConsWorkday is still a young company and suffers from immature corporate processes. For those who work outside of the Pleasanton corporate offices, communication can be blurred and opportunities are not as clear. In addition, unclear career paths seem to be the norm.

great company

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsEvery employee gets a laptop to work

ConsLocation is really far from SF

Everyone is Super Nice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-Friendly People
    -Fun Culture
    -Is growing rapidly
    -wants to get better
    - is killing the competition

ConsPeople who have been in management since the company started aren't up-to-date with the consumer app quality that Workday is aspiring for. It really holds it down.
    Many of the new people hired come from places that Google and Facebook would not hire from.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should be making offers to people from everyday brands to come in and help pick up some of the drag. Recruiting from similar companies to Workday will only bring the product down. Which I know Workday does not want.

Extremely poor European Management in the past

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsDynamic fast paced company. Great technology and superior delivery. Talented sales individuals.

ConsThe European management has been a joke in the past. Previous head of EMEA and current CIO EMEA was/is a clown who network well upwards but are not well regarded by their peers locally. Brought in a blame/distrustful culture. Long standing employees who had served the company well but who did not "suck up " to these managers did not fare well. The head of EMEA referred to has left to be part of AsiaPac so hopefully improvements will follow.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide the facility for anonymous reviews of management. You may learn a great deal.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!