Workday

Workday Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Workday Co-CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri

Aneel Bhusri

Pros:
  • "My work-life balance is respected by both my peers and management"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Great product and technology - development team at corporate was a blast"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours but that is to be expected at a growing technology firm"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Pay is horrifically below industry standards (especially for the Bay Area)"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great atmosphere and fun place to work.

HCM Consultant (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat place to work. Fun atmosphere with great leadership. The pace of work is changing constantly as the company grows which makes for great challenges.

ConsSome may see the constant change as a con. It can make things feel a little unstable but all I see is opportunities with the amount of growth the company is going through.

Great Place, Great People, Overwhelming Opportunity

I have been working at Workday full-time

ProsInspiring Leadership, amazing product, awesome work environment. As Workday continues to grow, the company maintains a start-up feel and a fun, friendly culture.

ConsNo true cons, though I think some departments may have lower salaries in comparison to other companies of similar industries

Overall Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Workday as a contractor

ProsPay is good and company is growing quickly.

ConsPolitics within management which is quite unfortunate.

Working with fantastic people to positively and effectively disrupt an industry

Program Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsI have never worked with a more positive group of people working collaboratively and determinedly towards a common goal, and having a ton of fun in the process. Employees are the number one company value, and it shows. Because of the continued growth, you can create your own opportunities if you have the drive, the knowledge, and the skills. If you have a great idea, bring it to the table. You will be listened to, but big egos not welcome.

ConsThe pay is not yet competitive. It's more about taking a bet on the company and its potential for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! The tone and the values are set at the top, and ours is amazing.

Sales Director Southeast

Regional Sales Director Atlanta Area (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSuperior Solutions for HR, Payroll and Financials for organizations with experienced management and employees at all levels who work together. We offer excellent pay and sales territories for the company and especially large enterprise sales for Georgia, TN and Kentucky along with other areas. I have been here almost 4 years and worked in NYC and now in the south. Love Workday !

ConsIn constant demand for best and brightest to keep our growth. Finding the right people for our culture and capable of selling value versus price for best results to customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and providing us the best solutions for our customers to get love quick and gain the most value for their organizations. We have 97%+ customer satisfaction that no one can beat with smart employees who care.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Innovative, Fun, Inspiring place to work

Software Applications Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

ProsYou know what you are working will have a large contribution to the company and to the overall benefit of our customers. With the new continuous development model we see our impact in as little as 2 weeks from when we developed it.

ConsThe company is growing so quickly and we are constantly trying to make our products better so sometimes the technology might change faster than we know how to adapt to it.

Great company great growth

Integration Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

ProsManagement is very transparent. A lot of highly visible opportunities.

ConsSalary isn't as high as partners.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your employees to keep them happy and consider raises for the deserving.

Fast paced, innovation filled, collaborative environment

Professional Services (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorkday has been on a growth trajectory but has not changed in its basic outlook towards employees and customers. It's a fun place to work, where you get opportunities to work on exciting new projects. Work life balance is great - there may be some ups and downs in terms of work load, but overall a good balance is maintained. Management is very supportive and encourages innovative thinking. Decisions are made fast and emphasis is on trying, starting small and getting things done.

ConsCan't think of any.

Great Company with a Culture to Match

Applications Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

ProsTraining here is long but very helpful to get you situated, flexibility in schedule, smart and amazing people to work with and everyone you see is excited to be at work.

ConsFor App Developers you need to keep other programming languages in your back pocket because you won't get to practice them here

Best place to work!!

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI could gush about how much I love working at Workday, but the simple fact is I will look back (in 30 years) at my time and say it was the single best work experience of my life!

ConsDo I really need one?

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!

Workday Videos

Workday – Why Work for Us?

The Enterprise Cloud for HR and Finance In 2005, longtime friends and software visionaries Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri set out to change an industry. They started with a clean sheet of paper and combined decades of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Workday reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Workday CEO Aneel Bhusri. All 112 reviews are posted anonymously by Workday employees.