Workday Reviews

Updated 28 September 2014
4.3

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri
Aneel Bhusri

Pros
  • work-life balance is great, they give you reimbursements for fitness so they want you to go work out (in 9 reviews)

• Great product, well-managed at the higher levels, expanding, very positive and flexible work environment (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Can sometimes work really long hours to finish up a project before the deadline (in 6 reviews)

• They push you to vote for them to be one of the best companies in the bay area (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Sales Director Southeast

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director Atlanta Area  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director Atlanta Area in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Superior Solutions for HR, Payroll and Financials for organizations with experienced management and employees at all levels who work together. We offer excellent pay and sales territories for the company and especially large enterprise sales for Georgia, TN and Kentucky along with other areas. I have been here almost 4 years and worked in NYC and now in the south. Love Workday !

Cons

In constant demand for best and brightest to keep our growth. Finding the right people for our culture and capable of selling value versus price for best results to customers.

Keep up the good work and providing us the best solutions for our customers to get love quick and gain the most value for their organizations. We have 97%+ customer satisfaction that no one can beat with smart employees who care.

Best place to work, ever

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

Pros

Started paying super competitively as of November 2013 due to the IPO.
    Management cares about you, and the work place is friendly.
    It has an upbeat college atmosphere where you're expected to be extremely social.

Cons

Some people spend all their time here. But that may be simply because they like it, not because they have to.
    People are often loud, joking, and jolly, which is mostly a pro but sometimes is distracting from work. You'll need some noise cancelling headphones if you want to concentrate.

Help new hires understand what is expected of them.

Awesome Rollercoaster!

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best technology; great people who are in it for the ride, not the cash; huge growth; focus on customer happiness (not screwing them for short term profits); a joined-up and exciting narrative; very honest about flaws and getting better at solving them. Positive, enthusiastic, professional staff - walk the floor: everyone is friendly and you won't know who the VP's as everyone is so friendly - no ivory towers here!

Cons

Not as aggressive as competition; growing pains can leave gaps in the organisation and its processes can be clumsy.

Keep staff informed, continue engaging with as many people internally as you can - the informal 'brown bag' sessions are great to get the big picture.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast paced, innovation filled, collaborative environment

Current Employee - Professional Services  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Professional Services in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Workday has been on a growth trajectory but has not changed in its basic outlook towards employees and customers. It's a fun place to work, where you get opportunities to work on exciting new projects. Work life balance is great - there may be some ups and downs in terms of work load, but overall a good balance is maintained. Management is very supportive and encourages innovative thinking. Decisions are made fast and emphasis is on trying, starting small and getting things done.

Cons

Can't think of any.

Great Company with a Culture to Match

Current Employee - Applications Developer  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training here is long but very helpful to get you situated, flexibility in schedule, smart and amazing people to work with and everyone you see is excited to be at work.

Cons

For App Developers you need to keep other programming languages in your back pocket because you won't get to practice them here

Innovative, Fun, Inspiring place to work

Current Employee - Software Applications Engineer  in  Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Applications Engineer in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

You know what you are working will have a large contribution to the company and to the overall benefit of our customers. With the new continuous development model we see our impact in as little as 2 weeks from when we developed it.

Cons

The company is growing so quickly and we are constantly trying to make our products better so sometimes the technology might change faster than we know how to adapt to it.

It is a very fun enviornment.

I have been working at Workday as an intern

Pros

Manager really cares about the employee.

Cons

I have not experienced any negatives.

Extremely poor European Management in the past

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Dynamic fast paced company. Great technology and superior delivery. Talented sales individuals.

Cons

The European management has been a joke in the past. Previous head of EMEA and current CIO EMEA was/is a clown who network well upwards but are not well regarded by their peers locally. Brought in a blame/distrustful culture. Long standing employees who had served the company well but who did not "suck up " to these managers did not fare well. The head of EMEA referred to has left to be part of AsiaPac so hopefully improvements will follow.

Provide the facility for anonymous reviews of management. You may learn a great deal.

Fun place to work, but management could use training

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Open to working from home and there are lots of employees who work remotely from home offices 100% of the time.
    Lots of employee "perks" and and fun contests.
    Promote healthy lifestyle with health club discounts, brown bag seminars etc…
    Product is great and getting even better.

Cons

1st/2nd level managers are still doing an individual contributor jobs and thus aren't effective leaders or communicators
    A lot of managers seem to be people who have just "been there a long time" not necessarily people who are true leaders. Manager Leadership training would be a huge help here.
    Career path isn't obvious nor discussed.
    PTO lags behind other companies.

Offer training to your managers so they are more skilled at leading effectively.

Excellent Employer

Current Employee - Senior Engagement Manager  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Engagement Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Workday has innovative technology, highly intelligent and motivated co-workers and offers you the ability to manage your work arrangement for flexibility and balance. We work hard and achieve excellent results.

Cons

Workday is still a young company and suffers from immature corporate processes. For those who work outside of the Pleasanton corporate offices, communication can be blurred and opportunities are not as clear. In addition, unclear career paths seem to be the norm.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!