World Travel Holdings

Updated 28 September 2014
Updated 28 September 2014

World Travel Holdings Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Brad Tolkin
Brad Tolkin

Pros
  • Working from home is nice, there is a good support structure even though you work from home (in 18 reviews)

• But seriously, the best reason to work here is perhaps the people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Throw them on the phones for the busy season during the first part of the year and when it slows down they are glad to see you go (in 4 reviews)

• There's so much this company need to improve on for their call center (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

a very positive working experience

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative  in  Altamonte Springs, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Altamonte Springs, FL (US)

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

team support is commendable, there is someone either close by or a phone call away who is more than willing to assist regardless of the situation or what position you are in. its a growing thriving solid and innovative company with sound leadership

Cons

they never close be prepared to work unplanned overtime holidays depending on call volume and scheduling needs. Its an industry that is constantly changing if you don't adjust well to change its not the job for you. The insurance plan needs to be revised while the carriers for health dental vision even short term disability 401k are all great the structure of the plan itself is not. Annual deductibles are to high. They need a plan like PPO with copay and no annual deductible or to at least offer it in the selections available

Need more versatile positions cross over training in other departments so everyone has opportunity to learn more about the other positions and the company as a whole

AWESOME PLACE TO WORK

Current Employee - CCR  in  Altamonte Springs, FL (US)
    Current Employee - CCR in Altamonte Springs, FL (US)

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

they promote within the company , alot of companys say it ... they DO it !!!!
    friendly , great open door policy

Cons

none really it is cold in the office

dont forget we do alot more work than yall see

Beware of this sweat shop!

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

You are able to work from your own home & do not have to spend money on gas or other commuting expenses.

Cons

This is a HORRIBLE company. The couldn't care less about their employees. It's all about production. If you enjoy the setup of a sweatshop, then maybe this is for you. If you are looking for a job where your time & efforts are valued, you should go elsewhere. They use every excuse in the book NOT to pay commissions. They have their favorites & make no bones about who they are. They have a phone system that is setup so that EVERY INCOMING PHONE CALL shows the telephone number of the caller, even on those where people block their number. They don't want you to tell customers that & threaten you if you do, however, they bank these numbers illegally & use them for their marketing efforts. They pit one employee against another & are condescending in every thing they do. While in training, you will be given a very long list of items to complete in order to be offered a job once training is complete. If you don't finish all the items, then you're fired once training is complete. They never give you enough PAID TIME to do all this so that leaves you to finish it on your own time. Then after you finish it on your own time, they tell you that they don't condone working on your own time. It's a ridiculous cycle that they've created to cover themselves against law suits.

Learn to value new employees if you don't want the high turnover to continue. It could be a good setup, but new employees are setup to fail.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Kind of scammy, horrible values and ethics

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

tours of new cruise ships, cruise discounts, the occasional free cruise

Cons

management, values and ethics, job security and satisfaction

This is NOT the position I was expecting in ANY regard, nor was it the kind of people I was hoping to work for. From the top down, everyone was shady. It wasn't cold calling, I'll give them that, but it wasn't your typical call center either. Rules did not apply to everyone, customers or associates. Blatant favoritism was shown in both regards. It was a miserable experience!! My co-workers were LITERALLY on Farmville 85% of the time. VERY lax atmosphere... cursing, vulgar/lewd gestures, and innuendos ran rampant throughout the place!! I was VERY disappointed and disheartened with this experience.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Virtual Travel Agent
    Current Employee - Virtual Travel Agent

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

Promoting within great travel perks

Cons

schedule needs to be extremely flexible

Positive

Current Employee - Executive Cruise Consultant
    Current Employee - Executive Cruise Consultant

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Salary, fellow employees, schedule flexibility, ongoing training

Cons

Limited leads, as always in sales very antagonistic coworkers

Don't mess up here! Don't stay off the phone too long.

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative  in  Altamonte Springs, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Altamonte Springs, FL (US)

I worked at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Great benefits, worked with great people. Luncheons from sales executives every month at least, Good location. Good training.

Cons

Cons would be the way that the managers kept track of calls coming in, in relation to the customer service versus sales. It was rare that a person wanted to add on to an already booked reservation. New inbound calls were expected to be sold on that call due to price changes. Don't take too many breaks, if you are sick try to be there anyway, while the managers understood people do get sick after a while they will start targeting anyone that would take advantage of sick time or other time off.

Not every position is about sales. Customer service is very valuable as well, with that being said there was no room for improvement for sales when all the calls are for customer service.

Work hard, engage others, get rewarded

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Wonderful people, great work/life balance, great performance is greatly rewarded. Progressive management team, love seeing that they are hiring more management positions from outside the company. promoting from within is great, when you have the talent, but it's also important to mix it up and bring in fresh sets of eyes now and again. I think there have been three external management hires in the last few months and I think it's about time!

Cons

There is quite a variety of folks -there are some amazing sales people with great attitudes and there are mediocre to bad ones who get frustrated because they want the benefits of being a great sales person without actually being one. If you aren't a great sales person or you dont like selling, I don't recommend entry level call center positions at WTH, it's not likely you will be happy as it is a performance driven environment.

Stop spending so much time/money trying to figure out scheduling and focus on other benefits for employees. The scheduling is what it is, so create things that make the crappy scheduling worth staying for. Better medical benefits, more recognition, or more travel opportunities. (just thoughts, there are many other options, i am sure) The way scheduling works is constantly changing because it has to - fine, just say what it is. People wont leave because of it if there are other things that make it worth staying. I think the brain power invested in all the focus groups and questions about how to schedule better would be better used thinking of ways to show love to the employees.

Its not what I thought it would be, but it's a job.

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

Best reason to work here is because you want to work from home, your an excellent salesperson and or you want discounts on cruises.

Cons

It's funny I read this site before I took this job and I thought man this job could mean some opportunity for growth, money and benefits. I've always loved travel so it seemed like a great fit. Well let me tell you there where 25+ people in my training class and now there's about 8-10 left with 6 of them telling me personally how upset they are with this job. Take this job if you are already a salesperson and your able to sell anyone on anything,, don't take this job if you think your going to be trained on how to sell. You will be very disappointed with your pay check. Here's what they don't tell you in the interview or in training....your making usually about usually 10% of 10% of the total. Sometimes that's as little as $9, many times your not making anything at all except your hourly wage, which is $8. Let's face it people now a days want to book things online, so they call to get answers to questions than leave and book it themselves. Which not only do you not make money but you don't meet your conversion percentage. Oh, I almost forgot about the forced Overtime, that's makes for very unhappy employees. It's great working from home but you can make more at burger king flipping burgers with less stress. Why am I still here? Because I like working from home :)

Start telling new hires what its really like to work here! Stop sugar coding the job. Only a very small percentage of people are making the money you post in the job description. Just like only a very tiny number of rooms/sailings actually go for the prices you post online. Another crappy part of the job, explaining to people that what the see online isn't the actual cost...kinda makes it hard to sell something when people don't trust us.

Dissatisfied

I have been working at World Travel Holdings

Pros

It is work at home and you are not pressurized to keep taking calls. Get to spend more time to know the customers well.

Cons

It is sales that drives a perosn crazy. Every few minutes there is an email that boasts of people making 20K in sales. That puts a person off for the rest of the day. For every person tries their best to get that mark but is not always successful and that puts a question in your head ..are you not good enough?
    The schedule is killing. They ask you what schedule you prefer but that is not adhered to.
    They will give you 50hrs a week. It is fine for people who do not have a family, social circle, hobbies.
    When you sell it does not mean you will get that commission. At the end of pay period you will get the higher amount . So it is not your basic +commission.
    In short if you do not sell well you are stuck at $8/hr
    There are too many different products and many more get added each day.
    If you work late shifts then cruise lines and back office is closed so for any help you are on your own .

Try to distribute the commission pattern, and the products sold.
    Do not try to make people "Jack of all trades Master of none"

World Travel Holdings Photos

Worked for World Travel Holdings? Contribute to the Community!