World Wrestling Entertainment

Updated 17 November 2014
3.1

World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon

Pros
  • Great work colleagues, fast paced work environment, creative work, great benefits, challenging projects, free gym (in 4 reviews)

• Great junior level staff with ability to receive free tickets to the show (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • I'll agree that work-life balance can be a challenge here (in 6 reviews)

• No work-life balance, very political climate (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Positive experience working here

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

The people are really passionate about the brand, and I got a ton of hands-on experience. The product that this company puts out drives people wild, and there's a lot of talent behind that.

Cons

The location is not ideal, and it is very difficult to commute there if you do not have a car. When I worked there, WWE offered a commuter shuttle. However, since I often worked late, it was unavailable when I needed it. Luckily people would offer me rides.

They dangle rewards in front of you to cover how bad it really is

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Free gym with classes; Great people and great friendships formed; Energetic and fast pasted; Free tickets to shows, if you can get them before they sell out; Entertainment industry and a location out of NYC; Very talented individuals working for the company; Great health benefits; Fantastic vacation time - except you are given a guilt trip every time you try to use it; Free shuttle service to/from train station if you can manage to work normal hours; Free dinner if you are working late;

Cons

Vince is a workhorse and doesn't believe in vacations, so employees are working constantly because he is; Upper management creates an atmosphere of fear, because they live in fear themselves and just have to be 'YES men' to appease their bosses; Extremely long hours, and you'll find yourself working even on your "vacation" unless you're out of the country with no email access, so work-life balance is very bad; Pay is terrible unless you have quit and come back at a higher level, or unless you have stepped on someone to get to the top; Product is worn out and old but the blame is always pointed at employees; A lot of gossiping and politics and inter-department wars; Some very young and immature employees; You will feel burnt out after working there for more than a year, only the thick-skinned will survive longer;

Pay more attention to the people doing the actual work, and give credit where credit is due. You have talented individuals working for you that can solve all your problems if you just give them a chance.

For an internship, it was ok!

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Got an idea on how my department functioned and contributed to a few of my department's projects.

Cons

Never learned to use the software that was necessary to do my job. I was just given the data and never learned how to retrieve it. From day one, they were not ready and had no idea on what to do with their interns. Such a disgrace for a well known company

HAVE A PLAN for your incoming interns!! So disappointed that I never learned the software and it's sad that I can't put it on my resume. Honestly, I could not wait until my internship was over!

Exciting and challenging

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

Multi faceted experience with the challenger sports entertainment brand pioneer in the multi platform media business space. With the right team anything is possible.

Cons

Consistent top down interference without the necessary relevant market experience to provide meaningful feedback or to add value to the teams actually delivering the business growth results

Empower the executive talent that delivers tangible results and jettison those that don't. The company has had a intellectual capital brain drain the last few years and needs to get back to the multi platform fundamentals

I expected more.....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits and for the most part some good people that I will never forget.

Cons

People are promoted based on "friendships" they have with members of management. The finance department was a nightmare!!!!! HORRIBLE leadership!!!

None really, since I left nothing has changed so it looks like they like the culture.

Excellent company to intern at

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment

Pros

Great company to work for as an intern. Learned a lot on the job that will help me in my career path

Cons

Did not receive pay for the summer internship which is a drag, but at least you get some college credit.

Great learning experience, wouldn't stay for the long haul

Former Employee - Reception in Stamford, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Reception in Stamford, CT (US)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company setting is very laid back, people are extremely friendly. From day 1, multiple employees went out of their way to introduce themselves and the share the department they worked for. They always offered help if needed.
    Free tickets to shows were a plus for perm. employees. Stephanie McMahon & Triple H always made time to say good morning, extremely friendly.

Cons

Some upper management was on a power trip, and few were unfriendly. Some departments kept to themselves, were not as friendly as others.

Mostly good times working at WWE.

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, opportunities exist.

Cons

No work-life balance, very political climate. Stagnant product.

Culture of Fear

Former Employee - Digital Team Member in Stamford, CT (US)
    Former Employee - Digital Team Member in Stamford, CT (US)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time

Pros

Good benefits, stock plan, and salaries. One of the few entertainment companies in CT if you want to work in the biz and live there. Free tickets to show, you get the week between Xmas and New Years off, and occasionally get to chat with Vince, Stephanie, or other stars, if that's important to you.

Cons

There's a culture of fear and survival here. Your colleagues can be fine one day, then devolve into blame and finger-pointing when some VP who won't last more than 2 years gets upset over something that doesn't matter. People become frantic and everyone works to cover their butts. Moreover, you often have to work nights and weekends because senior management does just to keep their jobs.

You have a talented employee pool who are afraid to come to you with ideas, yet collectively they have the answers to the problems you create and often can't solve.

I think Wwe is a way to let anger out. And to be fit

Current Employee - WWE
    Current Employee - WWE

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It's a good way to be none and to defend your titles

Cons

Releasing your anger and just do something you like

World Wrestling Entertainment Photos