World Wrestling Entertainment

World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon

Vince McMahon

Senior Technical Project Manager

Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time for less than a year

ProsInteresting work with smart, dedicated, professional coworkers. Everyone is a team player and trying to help whenever they can. Benefits are quite good with health, dental, 401k matching, stock options, education reimbursement and more. The gym is world class and free to all employees and a guest.

Accountability is stressed with a lot of freedom to employees who can prove they are capable. Work from home and flexible hours are common place as long as your job can be done remotely.

ConsA lot of work and high expectations make this a very high energy, sometimes stressful, environment. Everyone is stretched thin here so you have to be able to balance the work and prioritize properly. Management is sometimes unavailable due to high pressure projects and other initiatives so this is definitely a company for self starters who can manage things on their own with little supervision. Expect constant change and anticipate that work you've done may or may not see the light of day. This is a fast paced, quickly changing, company that doesn't stand still for better or worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementManager titles should be bonus eligible not just directories and above. We do a lot of work and should be recognized for it.

Great learning experience, but very political environment

Associate Producer (Current Employee)
Stamford, CT (US)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time for more than 8 years

ProsIncredible learning ground if you want to become a TV producer. You are absolutely given the chance to sink or swim from a very early point in your employment.

ConsIt is a politically charged atmosphere, where sometimes talented people are held back because someone knows someone. Hard to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication from the top on down would be the number one thing to improve upon

It was ok

Motion Designer (Former Employee)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe company is large, so you get a lot of desk space. It is located in CT, so they have private parking lot, which is amazing. The people are very nice.

ConsThere are strange insider gossips and something felt very wrong. People would speak behind each other's backs. I felt like there was something much more underneath that's going on than meets the eye of the beholder.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more truthful with your employees.

Exactly what I was looking for at the time.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time

ProsFun company with lots of opportunity. Ability to work across different areas and experience different aspects to your job is a plus. Not too much hierarchy where jobs are completely siloed. Hours are long but if you like what you do it just means the day goes by faster and that's a plus. It's definitely never boring!

ConsStill a young company in many ways related to organization and structure, very messy and random day to day. Often need to make the impossible happen. Work hours are very long and it is expected that you are on call at all times. Not the right company for you if you want a 9-5 and don't want to take work home with you. But I 'd say if you have the right boss, they will be understanding of this fact and allow some flexibility to make up for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are only as good as your team - remember that, and spend time getting to know and listening to your teams, you'll be a better overall executive as a result and your teams will be happier. Be transparent, it's never good to feel uneasy or on shaky ground as an employee - it makes you want to look elsewhere for employment. Focus on communicating to your teams and you'll find the good ones will stick around longer.

OK Place to be

Tech (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFriendly co workers. cross functional teams

ConsNot much growth potential here

Advice to Senior ManagementWork needs to be recognized

My time in WWE

Professional Wrestler (Former Employee)
Tampa, FL (US)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

Prosfun, great company, lived out a dream

Consno benefits, you own nothing

Advice to Senior Managementreward hard working talent

Great company with a few bad apples

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time for more than 8 years

ProsMost of the people there are highly motivated, talented and care about doing a great job. The office has everything from cafeteria to gym. Live events and people were great. Some tremendous management at times. Overall great experience

ConsThere were a few who just "didn't get it" and some managers and dept. heads are clueless how to deal with people. There were more than a couple department heads who talked down to employees and walked around with their nose in the air. The ones you suspect would be arrogant were the most professional. Others had to "show" or tell you how important they were. Long hours and there really is no life outside WWE

Advice to Senior ManagementFind people who know what they're doing and stick with them!

Amazing place to work

Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment as an intern for less than a year

ProsFast-paced, young, great product. Everyone I have met is fun, honest, and a hard-worker. It seems like everyone loves what they do which makes it so easy to want to work there.

ConsIt is a very hectic work environment...you have to be willing to put in the hours to get the benefit.

A lot of Pros and Cons working at WWE

Planner (Former Employee)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat benefits, medical, 401k match, stock options, tuition, etc. Depending on the dept, you work with a good team. Fast pace, always changing entertainment environment.

ConsThey don't know how to make a real profit so every year they lay off employees. They only give Directors and above bonuses every year, money that could be uses to save a job or two. They run you into the ground with work load (from cuts) and performance based raises only get you 2.5-10% raise, not much compared to your salary. Hard to get to the top when they hire upper-management from outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your worler bees better, give them bonuses. I was there for 6+ years and got one bonus. People don't feel like they are apart of the company, just the machine.

Interesting and Fast-paced

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment as an intern

ProsThe WWE is a very interesting place to intern. "Hectic" would be an understatement. Was able to obtain great office experience.

Fun product.

ConsI wish that I had learned more from my internship. I felt that I assisted a lot but wish they offered more opportunities to their interns. They ask a lot from their interns so time-management skills is a must.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the experience for your interns.

Worked for World Wrestling Entertainment? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at World Wrestling Entertainment reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for World Wrestling Entertainment CEO Vince McMahon. All 35 reviews are posted anonymously by World Wrestling Entertainment employees.