Wynn Resorts

Wynn Resorts Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Wynn Resorts Chairman and CEO Stephen A. Wynn

Stephen A. Wynn

Pros
  • Best established casino resort in Las Vegas(in 4 reviews)

• Use to be a great place to work(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No one gets to the top with their brains(in 3 reviews)

• Upper management decides what policies apply to certain individuals(in 3 reviews)

Exciting

Manager (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsOpportunity for promotion and upper management recognizing my hard work.

ConsUpper managements mistake in promoting an inept asst. director.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways make sure you are promoting the correct person to the higher position. Make sure they are educated enough to represent themselves and the company in the manner necessary.

Good company

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsIt paid well and the company cares for its employees

Conspretty demanding hours if you are steady extra you can't really complain

a great company with good benefit

ProsIt is a good company which treats employees nicely and generously.

ConsHowever, ita development is relatively slower than other casinos.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Over its a great company to work for

Wynn Front Desk (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsThe company has a strong foundation

ConsThere seems to be a lot of favoritism from management and too much gossip. Much is expected and very little room for error

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement could do less micromanagement

Beautiful property

Food Server (Former Employee) Las Vegas Town, NM (US)

ProsUnion shop, free lunch, steady schedule

ConsManagement staff very unprofessional, no open door policy

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk in your employees shoes before talking shots at your own stagg

Politics, double standards, stress, and tons of money

Gourmet Server (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsMONEY. You will earn more tips here than most of the other resorts. Work here and your resume is golden... You'll be able to work ANYWHERE.

ConsTips are great, but hourly and union wages are the LOWEST on the entire strip. Constant stress and threats. Very negative vibe and energy. Terrible morale, you hardly ever see co-workers that are genuinely happy with the company or happy to be at work, all from the negative reinforcement and constant threat of discipline. Poor management, never take account for own shortcomings and instead heaps blame on subordinates. The actual good managers never get the recognition or ever stay because only the brown nosers survive and thrive. You know what trickles down (rhymes with "it"), from the always angry big boss to the entry level workers...

Advice to Senior ManagementFor F&B management, perhaps starting off working the counter at a fast food joint to get a better idea of food service and humanity from the ground level up.

Steve Wynn needs to personally hire the management!!

Server (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsAmazing employee only area underneath the casino with free meal that offers TONS of choices, dry cleaning of uniform and little store that offers discounted stuff from upstairs. Steve Wynn is really an amazing businessman as well!

ConsManagement leaves much to be desired. As everyone stated it's about who you know and has nothing to do with your qualifications. One of my managers was one of the most arrogant and belittling person I have ever met. He was reported numerous times to HR and nothing, the main reason I left, I couldn't stand seeing his face everyday.

In my dpartment it seems as though promotions to managment positions is based soley on who you know and not what you kno

Bell Attendant (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsWynn Las Vegas is the best hotel on the strip by far. I reach this conclusion by taking into consideration how clean and well kept the property is.

ConsManagement. All of the supervisers and upper managment ( at least in my department ) all have worked with one another at other propertys. So the only way to get onto the managment team is to have been friends with them. Also, most of the time it's there way and thats the final decision they don't even consider employees thoughts even though many of us feel the same way.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. If 51% of them feel that certin things should be handled differenlty then you should consider making changes.

Get paid to do nothing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work for as long as you are ok with a steady job that you don't have to use your brain.

ConsNo real weekends or holidays. Many weird shift hours. Too many people working there to make you feel like management really cares about you.

Wynn resorts is a very hard place to work, Steve Wynn expects the best you can give!

Director (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsEmployee dining room
    Company Perks
    Employee parking lot and bridge

ConsDemanding, perfection, hard working until your hands are bleeding

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comment

Worked for Wynn Resorts? Contribute to the Community!