Xerox

2.6 1,371 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

1,371 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work/Life Balance - Strict 9-5 job, with the opportunity to work from home"
    in 76 reviews
  • "Great work/life balance; being able to work from home, etc"
    in 34 reviews
Cons:
  • "No raises or bonuses in the last 3 years, longer for others who have been there longer"
    in 66 reviews
  • "Upper management do not have a clear strategy nor do they communicate it well"
    in 54 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I was employed by them for 16 years then after a transfer from another state to here I got laid off. not good.

Account Associate (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI had enjoyed my customers that i had on day to day bases. actually from the state I was living at. I had always made my customers happy with my job roll. I miss my peers.

Consoh there's a lot of challenges with xerox you just have the right manager to give you the support.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking for Xerox has been a stop gap. I would say it served the purpose of provided a salary at the time nothing more.

ConsLong hours. Management truly does squeeze every drop out of you, I don't blame them for doing so. They are management. But definately a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make your employees feel like machines.

Challenging work, however no room for advancement and non-competitive compensation

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Hamilton, NJ (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThings are always changing and the work fluctuates constantly. If you like change that is a good quality, if you are not adaptive, then look elsewhere

ConsNo room for growth and compensation is low, also no raises in the last 5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder at retaining good employees through fair compensation practices. What good is an excellent yearly review when it results monetarily the same as a mediocre review?

My experience at Xerox was very pleasant.

Sales Intern (Former Employee)
Irving, TX (US)

I worked at Xerox as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe benefits were great at Xerox. They also allowed the employees to have a mind of their own and allowed them to speak their mind.

ConsIt took a lot of long days. You really had to put in some long hours to get the job done correctly.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get on a more personal level with employees. Create a smaller company vibe.

Be ready to come to work EVERY SCHEDULED DAY

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for less than a year

ProsOpportunities for advancement, motivated trainers. Too early to tell about company culture, politics, etc.

ConsSuper anal about attendance, tardies and absences due to illness. You must be there as scheduled and willing to work overtime. People break dress code rules frequently which makes the work environment look lackadaisical.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be aware that we are evaluating your choices for leadership and deciding if we want to continue to work with your selections.

Good stable work, Onsite team are good people

Software Test Engineer (Current Employee)
Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood reputable company Last 14 years I’ve learned a lot.

ConsThey will no longer let me remote from home, cut-backs

Great for only beginners.... review for Xerox Technology

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Xerox full-time

ProsTruly Professional approach. Strong work ethics. Flexible working hours. If you are a beginner, then you can get very good exposure to various domains. Lot to learn from the employees working here. Employees are very friendly.

ConsVery low pay as compared to its peers. Penny Pinching at its best. Zero encouragement for profile enhancement activities. The future of xerox technology business seems gloomy.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees.

Wonderful Growing Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Xerox full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThis is a brand that commands attention and gets responses from vendors. It garners respect that is helpful when positioning a product that could otherwise be challenged.

ConsWages are not competitive and have been frozen for years for most employees. There is no plan to change that, even though the company is doing better. Cost control actions are not executed in the least painful of ways and this results in a huge company that is gushing talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet competitive on salary within the market. Get the right people facing the customer(s). Consolidate the leadership teams and start functioning as one company, not dozens.

Family oriented and goal driven.

Applecare Manager (Current Employee)
Yukon, OK (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people I work with

ConsBuilding is a warehouse and is not pretty.

Fantastic over the years

Director of Client Operations (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe people who work at Xerox are top shelf. They care about the customers, and each other and strive to do their best. The company has a lot going for it, technology, marketing strategy and the people. If you work hard, you can go anywhere in the company.

ConsThe current Senior Management at Corporate has taken their eye off of the customer and placed it more on the Stock Market. Xerox needs to re-infuse some of our legacy culture, and pull back from just trying to cut costs and instead secure relationships between the Sales and Management team to our major clients. We need to stop breaking relationships just to try the latest approach. If Xerox moves in that direction, it will see strong growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the fun to the business, and stop cutting into the bone of the great people that work tirelessly every day to make the company the great company it has been.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!

Xerox Videos

Xerox – Why Work for Us?

Why build your career at Xerox? Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer service and success as you are. In fact, this passion is at the heart of what we do… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Xerox reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Xerox CEO Ursula M. Burns. All 1,371 reviews are posted anonymously by Xerox employees.