Xerox

Updated Jul 26, 2014

2.6 1,593 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros(in 98 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO(in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE(in 100 reviews)

• Senior Management needs some improvement (especially in Services)(in 64 reviews)

1,593 Employee Reviews

Long Term Relationship with Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStellar Human Resources area and excellent Information Technology area.

ConsThe new senior executives could not yet keep improving the Human Resources aspects, but eventually they will.

Great experience but so happy to move on.

Services & Solutions Executive and Color Monochrome Sales Executive (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsIt's a great company to have on your resume... if you can sell a copier you can sell anything! It's not easy, but if you are good at it you can make a lot of money.

ConsThey have made significant cuts to integral support resources. Each year I was with the company (3.5), I noticed I had less and less time to focus on selling as I was dealing more and more with little fires- customer sat issues with service/supplies, and ESPECIALLY biling.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead your team with respect and dignity- not by making them fear they will lose their job if they aren't doing well. Coach and mentor them so they can improve! Also- for C-Level management (aka Ursula Burns) STOP MAKING CUTS to the support resources like service techs, analysts, and sales reps too! You are taking "do more with less" WAY too literally!!! You will continue to lose amazing talent if you keep it up.

Long term pain

ProsHigh name recognition- looks good on resume; some really dedicated, good employees (getting thinner all the time)

ConsEvery quarter there is a layoff so management can 'make their numbers' (even though division is making a profit, employees are laid off to make it look like unrealistic profit goals have been made) - unstable work environment and difficult to keep forward movement on projects when key players are no longer with the company
    Outsourced many key positions to Cognizant - again this makes it difficult and adds multiple layers of complexity/ politics

Advice to Senior ManagementThe policy of making quarterly 'numbers' by laying people off is very short sighted as is outsourcing core business. Start looking at the long term/ big picture

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good, relaxed and supportive company

Intern (Current Employee) Webster, NY (US)

ProsRelaxed, not micromanaged, relatively well paying, good people, helpful in getting you the support and resources you need, flexible schedule

Conssometimes slow and have to take your own initiative

Advice to Senior ManagementStay positive and involved in the employees needs

Good, Satisfied

ProsFrredom, New opportunities ,Low pay master

ConsNot leveraging the tools & transformatons

Some Good Some bad

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Bakersfield, CA (US)

Proswages, breaks, Nice coworkers, get as much overtime you want

Consmandatory overtime, schedules, the customers and training

IT Project Manager

IT Project Manager (Former Employee) Sandy, UT (US)

ProsAutonomy, Bonuses. Central Location, Opportunities for working abroad.

ConsMost of the business units personnel are very "junior" in IT Best Practices. Need better office space. Watch out for nepotism!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in more talented employees. Cheap labor = cheap results.

Work Without Pressure.... But No Hikes....

Infrastructure Management Analyst (Current Employee) Cochin (India)

ProsNo Pressure, Work Flexibility.... etc...

ConsWork base no challenges . I am happy. But No salary hike.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople like Senior managers, VP and directors may be getting high salary. They really don't want to know about people like me. Other companies will give at least 500 Rs every year as hike. Here not even 1 rupee. And sometime they will give hike only to selected employees with in the team. That is not good. If anyone from Xerox management who is taking decision about salary Hikes.. Please give at least 1% value to your employees. without them company is ZERO.

To Ms. Ursula Burns,

You may not directly can take decision about this concern. Kindly do the needful for us.

Challenge

Account Manager (Current Employee) Regina, SK (Canada)

Prosgreat training, proven sales practice

Conscould be sometimes rough, but thats what sales is all about.

Advice to Senior Managementgreat management

Great people who work together to truly support one another

ProsI work with intelligent people at varying levels, all with solid business savvy. They constantly think outside the box to meet the stringent deadlines and ever changing market of consulting. I work from home office and am allowed to "run my desk" with a great degree of independence. This affords me a challenging and lucrative career with life/family balance for which I am grateful.

ConsIn a company of this size timely communication is always a challenge. Policies, procedures, org charts change on a regular basis and you have to be willing to reach out and ask questions to stay informed.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!