Xerox

Updated Jul 21, 2014

2.6 1,582 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros(in 97 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO(in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE(in 100 reviews)

• Most upper management have received salary increase over the last 6 years but staff has not(in 64 reviews)

1,582 Employee Reviews

The company is tanking, don't go down with the ship!

ProsFabulous work/life balance
    Great place to "get your feet wet" (possibly right out of college)
    No micromanaging

ConsNo raises, no bonuses and absolutely no room for growth
    Three rounds of layoffs within the last year
    Lack of cost of living adjustments
    No communication between higher up's and the lower level employees

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider communicating with your employees as to why they are being let go, and/or if there will be a round of layoffs. Also, if your employees ask for ways to move around within the company - allow that... don't push it to the background, because that's how you lose your employees to other competitors.

The Xerox Experience.....

Manager Operations (Current Employee)

ProsBrilliant place to learn......a lot of things to munch on provided you are one of those who really want to.......

ConsNot a very employee centric organization......ESAT is a term that does not exist......They really need to change the way business is being done..or else competitors will eat them soon.....

Advice to Senior ManagementNot a very employee centric organization......ESAT is a term that does not exist......They really need to change the way business is being done..or else competitors will eat them soon.....

Horrible Company!! I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy.

Customer Care Representative (Current Employee)

ProsI like most of the people I work with.

ConsThey pay sucks!! They don't pay for breaks, OT.. They make you get disability paperwork for the stupidity reasons.. Including bathroom breaks. This company doesn't know if they are coming or going. Favortism, sexual harassment.. Nothing is done about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet people that know how to run a call center!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Systems Development Specialist (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood Brand but we will not get good opportunity to learn and no hike.

ConsTraining facilities is not at all good. and tere is no induction classes for new joiners.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease identify the skills in employees and provide them a good opportunities.

It was very rewarding.

Research Intern (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsFreedom. Flexible working hours. Great researchers around.

ConsVery young organization which is yet to grow.

Great Experience

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

ProsBenefits, Personal Growth and perks

ConsOffice Culture, management need to care more about customers

I have nothing against the company

Customer Care Assistant (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

ProsThe company treats you well. Everyone was friendly. Hours were fine. Work environment was not structured where you felt isolated from coworkers.

ConsCompensation seemed a little low. It's a call center, so job advancement is limited; I could not see the job leading me to my career goals.

Unable to make a difference

ProsGood people trying to make a difference. Able to work independently within the team environment with no micromanaging. Given ownership of the tasks assigned to you. Flexible work hours if needed. Health Savings account with company match and decent benefits. 401k with company match. Great learning opportunities.

ConsManagement makes a good show of holding focus group meetings and says they want input on issues but nothing ever gets resolved. Employees are allowed to treat other employees with disrespect and abusive behavior and nothing is done about it. The employees that are actually working hard to make a difference and improve the processes are the ones that are treated as though they are the problem.
    Company seems like it is dying out. Appears to be shrinking rather than growing at least in the supply chain area. Hiring freeze is always in effect. There is a constant attitude that people are going to lose their jobs and that the business is constantly downsizing.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't allow the bad employees to dictate the way the business is run. By not addressing the problem you are promoting the behavior.
    Process breaks and gaps should be addressed and improved upon immediately rather than putting the issue on the back burner until it comes up again.

Customer Service...maintain Xerox High Speed Printers and routine preventative maintenance

Senior Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Prosgreat fast paced environment to satisfy customer demands

Consmeeting preset goal, maintaining equipment to meet customer demands, flexible time off, good interpersonal relationship with employees, great health care package

Advice to Senior Managementgive me an interview beyond the gate keeper

Okay. Just ok.

ProsThe people that I work with are great.

ConsThe pay sucks. A lot of work, but pay is minimal.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!