Xerox

Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.6 1,598 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros(in 98 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO(in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE(in 100 reviews)

• Senior Management needs some improvement (especially in Services)(in 64 reviews)

1,598 Employee Reviews

Run

ProsFriendly management, decent benefits, ok pay

ConsHigh turnover rates, no long term job security

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

UNC was not a great supporter for the contract we were assigned to.

Marketing Representative (Former Employee) Chapel Hill, NC (US)

ProsSome of the people we're great to work with and get to know on a personal basis. I had an amazing boss who provided me with the knowledge and experience needed to move forward.

ConsLocation of the office was not convenient to personnel we were required to do business with. Often the equipment in the office was not fully functional and building needed continuous maintenance. Everything was revenue driven without any budget for marketing/advertising and there were more restrictions than support given from the University (UNC). Personally feel as if they did not support our assignment.

We were compensated well however, being that this was a contract position there were no benefits provided.

Corporate image, no culture, high volume busy work for far below market pay, poor benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of great people to work with -- if you need a workplace that allows you to exercise your social muscles then this is the place to be.

ConsPoor pay, poor benefits, no work life balance or respect for people's personal lives outside of the office

Advice to Senior ManagementBe up front and honest about the true demands of the position. Don't hire in people who are truly looking for a good, long term opportunity just so you can make your numbers and look good to those above you. Give people a break....literally. It will prevent them from burnout of all kinds.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible Company!! I wouldn't recommend this job to my worst enemy.

Customer Care Representative (Current Employee)

ProsI like most of the people I work with.

ConsThey pay sucks!! They don't pay for breaks, OT.. They make you get disability paperwork for the stupidity reasons.. Including bathroom breaks. This company doesn't know if they are coming or going. Favortism, sexual harassment.. Nothing is done about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet people that know how to run a call center!!

Reinventing on the backs of employees

Software Manager (Current Employee) Webster, NY (US)

ProsFlexible schedule around core work hours. People are often passionate about their work want to do what's best for the company and treat others well. Work is often very interesting and pushing the bounds of technology.

ConsIt's been years since most have seen a pay increase/promotion, combined with increasing cost of living and increasing healthcare costs results in net pay cut year over year... While senior management continues to receive huge bonuses.

Heavy losses of talent and experience due to layoffs and outsourcing. Heavy burden on those that are left to hold things together and rebuild.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are the lifeblood of Xerox and driving force of innovation that keeps the company afloat. The company has bled enough talent and knowledge. Employees have lost faith. They're not a commodity or beasts of burden so stop treating them as such. Reinvest in the employees so the company can heal. And stop taking huge bonuses and telling employees that there's just not enough to share. It's bad form. If employees can't have increases/bonuses, neither should you. Step up and make the sacrifice or spread it around.

great

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

Prosskills great customer service technical support

Conseffiscient connection at the customer level

Advice to Senior Management..

Good place to start, but don´t stick around for long.

Master Control Operations (Former Employee) Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

ProsFlexible work schedules and good benefits package.

ConsNo professional growth, you can get stucked in the same job position for years.

sales rep 1 year

Sales Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

Prosgreat work environment , benefits, great mentorship programs

Conslittle room for salary advancements, long work hours,

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue doing what you do

ok

Prosreasonable hrs, reliable, constant, flex hours

Consno room for professional growth

Good entry level position for 1 year

Account Executive (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsVery good training
    Mediocre results (50% to quota) will keep your job due to unrealistic expectations from reps

ConsOffice politics can hurt individual growth (dog eat dog culture due to limited accounts- even in major markets)
    Very competitive industry
    Extremely micromanaged- you better be prepared to get down on your knees for management if you want any leeway

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge your sales super stars work and let them be free to work more independently without interference. Don't affect their productivity by micro managing.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!