Xerox Reviews

2.4
1,856 Reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 115 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises in years, upper management gets richer while everyone else suffers (in 92 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance does not exist because you don't get any life to balance against work (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

Good not Great (was great once upon a time)

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Loyal company, many internal opportunities. Great sales training

Cons

Too focus on cost cutting lately, not investing in human captial. Cut all commission position. Losing a lot f great talent.

Keep good people, stop penny pinching because the job market is really good and we cannot afford to lose tallent.

Services group is becoming the Service Merchandise of the consulting market

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Supports virtual work
    Health plans of high quality and good value
    Finds excellent client facing billable employees

Cons

No work life balance.
    Complete home office expense born by employee
    Supervisors/managers do not have functional knowledge of work being sold to clients
    While the management structure has been flattened, there is still too much (managerial/support) overhead (80+% of bill rate to client)
    ACS/Xerox Learning Services is moving away from Learning Consulting [which they were good at] to Staff Augmentation [which they are not good at]

Start cutting the accounting management and staff. They have created a condition within Xerox where it is impossible to argue with spreadsheets, no matter how inane of insane the rationale would be when applying an 'average person' standard to the outcomes of the decisions.

The company is using metrics and analytic for decision making that is detrimental to the source of their income, the billable employee. It is creating a demand for non-billable employees (overhead) to further find cost savings that result in the elimination of the local billable resource in lieu of an off-shore resource, but no real reduction in the managerial/support structure.

A good company in the past is now a cash cow with outdated products in a dying industry

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Moscow (Russia)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Moscow (Russia)

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A good place to learn how an OEM works with all the production and distribution cycles
    Somehow the team tends to be very close and friendly to each other, with nothing done by the management to achieve it

Cons

Underinvests in marketing and personnel, very greedy overall with poor offices and facilities
    Poor old-style management that overlooks opportunities
    Pretty hierarchical

Improve working conditions
    Renew the management staff
    Embrace falling core business and diversify to something innovative

Good company, overall

Former Employee - Client Associate in Portland, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Client Associate in Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked in a casual environment without managers that hover. I was trusted to do my job and keep our client satisfied.

Cons

I got stuck into a position that I didn't get hired for. I started as an admin assistant. I was assigned to a new position for business politics' sake. I made the best of it.

Xerox needs and overhaul. Forget managed print and move on to something meaningful...

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Also great customers. Love my job and it is a good company with some archaic infrastructure that is in desperate need of an overhaul.

Cons

Industry is declining rapidly and competitors are giving away equipment and maintenance at less than half the cost of Xerox. In bidding wars Xerox is not very willing to budge without an act of congress. Internal processes get in the way of success and comp plan provides for charge backs and sales reversals which are very demotivating.

Once commission is paid don't take it back in the form of cancels. Losing to the competition is our penalty. Cancels are the companies fault for not bending on pricing and having nothing to do with the ability of the salesperson. Xerox is slowly leaching away footprint to the competition with rigid pricing requirements.

Service Delivery Manager

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great work-life balance and flexibility

Cons

No employee developments plans or raises

Good company for all

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexi timings..Good perk..Good management
    Work life balance is better as compared to other companies

Cons

Career growth is little less as compared to market standard. however its not that bad..
    i loved this cmp.

Xerox use to be a great company to work for there were many growth opportunities. When it comes to document solutions they are second to none.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They had a very good training program at all levels. For the most part they always tried to do the right thing for the employee.

Cons

They seem to be stuck in a dwindling industry. They are trying to reinvent themselves with other types of business solutions. While this is happening the are forced to layoff many people. With that stagnant growth pattern it would make it a very difficult place to establish a career.

Try getting into the smartphone and mobile apps industry for another business segment. I would not try selling device but making smartphones better with document migration and other documents solutions

Used to be a good place to work at

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Don't really know anymore. Loved coming to work. Stayed on without a raise because I loved my job and my supervisor is terrific

Cons

I used to love coming to work everyday because it was a pleasant place to work. I loved my job, not so much anymore. Too much politics. No raise in eight or more years.

Buck Consultants in transition

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Autonomous working environment where you can create your own opportunities.

Cons

You have to make your own opportunities. No formal mentoring process. No one is looking for how to help you succeed. Lack of resources on the West Coast across all practices. Investment in Principals who promise to bring in more client work, but they never do. Meanwhile, Director level and below works like dogs. Virtual working environment that lacks the systems and disciplines to support this model. Left alone to create new opportunities, but can be second-guessed. Business process systems cumbersome and a real mess sometimes. Lack of consistent bonus structure or meaningful professional development opportunities. Pressure to never say no. Typical to be expected to take on so many projects you work 70 to 80 hours a week for five or six months. Not sustainable. Constant back biting among leadership. Not professional. Disappointing behaviors.

I think Xerox management is recognizing business system weakness and is rolling out new initiatives to address the cumbersome business systems. Proof will be in the outcomes. Truly need to focus on career paths and formalized professional development. Need to define the vision for Buck. Need to create an environment where it is easier to define work loads so even up to the Director level people are not working 80 hours a week for half the year. These unrealistic expectations are why I am looking for a new employer after eight years. Every year it promises to get better, but it never does. Instead, the more you succeed, the more is expected of you.