Xerox Reviews

2.4
1,839 Reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 112 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises in years, upper management gets richer while everyone else suffers (in 116 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance does not exist because you don't get any life to balance against work (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

Good not Great (was great once upon a time)

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Loyal company, many internal opportunities. Great sales training

Cons

Too focus on cost cutting lately, not investing in human captial. Cut all commission position. Losing a lot f great talent.

Keep good people, stop penny pinching because the job market is really good and we cannot afford to lose tallent.

Services group is becoming the Service Merchandise of the consulting market

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Supports virtual work
    Health plans of high quality and good value
    Finds excellent client facing billable employees

Cons

No work life balance.
    Complete home office expense born by employee
    Supervisors/managers do not have functional knowledge of work being sold to clients
    While the management structure has been flattened, there is still too much (managerial/support) overhead (80+% of bill rate to client)
    ACS/Xerox Learning Services is moving away from Learning Consulting [which they were good at] to Staff Augmentation [which they are not good at]

Start cutting the accounting management and staff. They have created a condition within Xerox where it is impossible to argue with spreadsheets, no matter how inane of insane the rationale would be when applying an 'average person' standard to the outcomes of the decisions.

The company is using metrics and analytic for decision making that is detrimental to the source of their income, the billable employee. It is creating a demand for non-billable employees (overhead) to further find cost savings that result in the elimination of the local billable resource in lieu of an off-shore resource, but no real reduction in the managerial/support structure.

A good company in the past is now a cash cow with outdated products in a dying industry

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Moscow (Russia)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Moscow (Russia)

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A good place to learn how an OEM works with all the production and distribution cycles
    Somehow the team tends to be very close and friendly to each other, with nothing done by the management to achieve it

Cons

Underinvests in marketing and personnel, very greedy overall with poor offices and facilities
    Poor old-style management that overlooks opportunities
    Pretty hierarchical

Improve working conditions
    Renew the management staff
    Embrace falling core business and diversify to something innovative

Xerox use to be a great company to work for there were many growth opportunities. When it comes to document solutions they are second to none.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They had a very good training program at all levels. For the most part they always tried to do the right thing for the employee.

Cons

They seem to be stuck in a dwindling industry. They are trying to reinvent themselves with other types of business solutions. While this is happening the are forced to layoff many people. With that stagnant growth pattern it would make it a very difficult place to establish a career.

Try getting into the smartphone and mobile apps industry for another business segment. I would not try selling device but making smartphones better with document migration and other documents solutions

This job is what you make of it.

Current Employee - Buck-Associate
    Current Employee - Buck-Associate

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Buck Consultants still tries to maintain it's culture in a post Xerox environment. Buck HR staff is the BEST there is. Local market leadership does value folks who work hard. Ability to work from home multiple days a week. Promotions, bonuses, and pay increases are there - I know because I have received all three this year. If you are willing to work hard the right people will take notice and make sure you are compensated.

Cons

Buck really did used to be a classy place to work. It is losing it's esteem in the marketplace. Since the Xerox takeover, Buck has been forced to squeeze into a box that doesn't really fit who we are and what we do. It feels like we are being forced to sell a canned product to our clients, where once we were allowed the freedom and creativity to find solutions for them. Buck has lost so many talented people over the last few years and with that, valuable clients. No budgets for employee events, so leadership pays out of their own pockets for any events which are usually only once a year in Dec. Cutting nominal expenses such as coffee and water service for the "worker bees" was a great way to slow down production and show them how under valued they are. The ridiculous amounts of $ they have spent trying to rebrand Buck would be better spent trying to retain the talent that made them money in the first place. Just sayin....

This is to UPPER management, the ones too high on the food chain to care about me or my work on a cellular level. Value the peeps that drive your revenue. Don't just say it in your 6 plank strategy. Did you think we didn't notice that you left us off of the first roll out of the "5 Plank Strategy" People have ALWAYS and WILL ALWAYS be the number one factor driving your bottom line.

Software Developer

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Xerox as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Technically challenging work but again depends on the team and the project. I've been lucky.
    Good opportunity to expand your horizon as a developer.
    Good projects and work environment in terms of colleagues.

Cons

As with any big organization, management sucks most of the times.
    Again depends on the group. I've been shuffled to multiple groups and have seen the best and worse.

Good developers are important for the quality of product.
    Don't try to go cheap of resources.

Great experience and excellent people to work with!

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Wilsonville, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Wilsonville, OR (US)

I worked at Xerox as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The people are fantastic, best group for knowledge and sharing of that knowledge anywhere. Super helpful and more than happy to help you help them and Xerox as a company. The technology is constantly evolving. The location in Wilsonville is central to all things on the Willamette.

Cons

The contract was too short, I really enjoyed working there and wished there had been an FTE position available. Hoping there comes one in the near future!

I was contract to Xerox, I enjoyed working there very much.

Nice place to work!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great enviroment and values, great recruiting systems, very organized team.

Cons

Salaries really under the market.

BIG Company

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Brand recognition, very well known

Cons

BIG lots of layers of management

Undepenable

Former Employee - Billing in El Paso, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Billing in El Paso, TX (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You could make money in bi-weekly bonuses.

Cons

When they were busy we had to work overtime, mandatory. When they were not busy the would send you home, so you wouldn't get even 30 or 40 hours.

Be consistent