Xerox

Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.6 1,592 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros(in 97 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO(in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE(in 100 reviews)

• Most upper management have received salary increase over the last 6 years but staff has not(in 64 reviews)

1,592 Employee Reviews

Good not Great (was great once upon a time)

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Toronto

ProsLoyal company, many internal opportunities. Great sales training

ConsToo focus on cost cutting lately, not investing in human captial. Cut all commission position. Losing a lot f great talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep good people, stop penny pinching because the job market is really good and we cannot afford to lose tallent.

Wow, What a ride!

Field Engineer (Former Employee) Webster, NY (US)

ProsAfter having worked for Xerox Corporation for 25 I truly loved the three Jobs I had. My Co workers and management always care about each customer and their issues and work to resolve each issue. for the last 14 years as a Field Engineer, I worked daily Hotline resolving Technical and Customer issues and really felt I was making a difference. As well as hotline I was responsible to performed Escalations through out North America to resolve tougher issues which required On Site diagnoses. Management allowed the freedom to formulate the right solution and take those action to get the Customer up and running. Xerox provided me the opportunity to return to RIT and to make a difference in the Xerox Community to assure diversity was achieved for all Employees.

ConsFor the last year I was Managed remotely by a Manager whom I saw once a year and my 50 to 60 hour work weeks were not Value Add.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the last few years it seemed Lay off and out-sourcing of very talented Employees became a fact of life and those left behind to perform the work of four to meet the Customer Requirements. I pry the Xerox will not IRIF, VRIF & Benchmark itself to follow KODAK's path.

Gave me chance when no one else would

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsI started during the annual enrollment period as project based and was hired full time. They offer full training of their systems and the core and client specifics for the job you'll be doing. The hours rotate which sometimes makes it difficult the schedule things in advance, but management is flexible with letting you change shifts with other employees. I feel you get what you put into the job. If you want to learn, you will. If you want to work, you work.

ConsYou are brought in as project based at one salary and seem to get stuck there no matter how many extra disciplines you learn. Then they bring new people on for the next annual enrollment period at a higher rate than what senior employees make. There were a lot of layoffs last year, which I hope won't be a trend. There is a policy that you can take 3 sick days for only one occurrence which people seem to abuse. You may take 1 sick day a year, which counts as an occurrence while another employee takes 3 days and still counts as 1 occurrence. what happened to "if you are out for 3 days, you need to bring a dr. note"?. Management does listen to their employees but I feel sometimes their hands are tied on what they can accomplish.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your most loyal employees. It's a little disheartening to find out someone considered to be a senior employee has only been there for 1 year. I've only met a handful of people who have been there longer than 3 years. Do you really save more money training all new people over and over again rather than support the ones with experience and reward them for the hard work they do for you? Please realize the ones who work hard because they are there because they want to be.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager

Project Manager (Current Employee) Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

ProsProvides option to work from home (Home office), skill soft courses are available upon the approval of the manager to access the virtual library (annual fee). Compensations: Medical insurance, grocery card bonus.

ConsNo career path, no hikes, no promotions to senior positions as these are reserved just for "on site" personnel.

EMPLOYEE

ProsGreat company and there is a great work life balance

ConsNo room for growth. Great to enter and get your feet wet

Xerox equipment Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.

Services & Solutions Executive (Current Employee) Lagos (Nigeria)

ProsI want to work in a place where multiple experiences are combined together, as I have, to solve issues, plan, design and make progress to achieve organizational and personal goals.

ConsWorking here is highly demanding, in that, operations are carried out with high level of precision, beating targets are the goals of every task. There is no room for indolence, lack of concentration or off-mindedness while carrying out a task.Safety is given preference. Revenue generation is behind our mind as we carry out activities.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotion is based on performance. Revenue generation is behind our mind as we carry out activities.

Great learning experience

Product Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) Moscow (Russia)

ProsWell developed channel marketing, detail-oriented marketing strategies and sales campaigns. Interesting technologies and wide range of clients. Office culture depends on the location - ranges from decent to amazing.

ConsLower salary than competitors like HP, Samsung and others. Average compensation package and office facilities. Corporate auto only from senior management positions. No meal compensation.

Long Term Relationship with Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStellar Human Resources area and excellent Information Technology area.

ConsThe new senior executives could not yet keep improving the Human Resources aspects, but eventually they will.

Fun job!

Floater (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

ProsAnne Mulcahey was CEO when I worked at Xerox. Was a "floater". Loved being sent from site to site. Learned so much more that way. Great people to work with! Managers went out of their way to help when I moved out of state. Technicians were willing to show me how to do things.

ConsRetirement Plan stinks. Outrageous costs. Cons when I was working? Honestly can't say I had any. As a floater I had phone, car, internet, expenses paid. It was a good company at the time. Been out for several years now and I understand it has really gone downhill under the new CEO.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt this time, I'm not in position to give any suggestions. Better retirement plan/costs to retires. They really suck.

I love coming to work each day.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Kansas City, KS (US)

ProsJob flexibility - If you want to be empowered to help make your company a success, Xerox is the place. There's nothing like seeing a way to bring value to your customers and retain business and be allowed to pursue it. In the years I have worked for this company there hasn't been a day when I didn't love the job (or jobs) I was doing. We get to meet great people, work with awesome companies, and promote market leading technology and service.

ConsThe one con is that just other companies across the globe, Xerox is forever looking for ways to do more with less and grow revenue. This strategy is not always employee or salary friendly. You have to work very hard to be the best at your craft and it still may not save you from the chopping block...C'est la vie!!

Advice to Senior ManagementI challenge Xerox management to stray from the good old boy "who you know" mind set and take the time to develop employees like they did in the past. I honestly believe Xerox is passing on a gold-mine of employee talent because managers tend to center their focus of attention around a select few "favorite" employees. All through history the great innovators have always been the ones who didn't fit in but who's ideas have become a way of life.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!