Xerox

Updated Jul 30, 2014

2.6 1,607 reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns

Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 98 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for over 5 years, I TRULY CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY I STILL WORK HERE (in 100 reviews)

• Senior Management needs some improvement (especially in Services) (in 64 reviews)

More Highlights
1,607 Employee Reviews

Good not Great (was great once upon a time)

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Toronto

ProsLoyal company, many internal opportunities. Great sales training

ConsToo focus on cost cutting lately, not investing in human captial. Cut all commission position. Losing a lot f great talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep good people, stop penny pinching because the job market is really good and we cannot afford to lose tallent.

Good place for starting.

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Blanchardstown (Ireland)

ProsNice environment to work. Easy job. No preasure at all.

ConsLow salary and no increases at all. Lack of development into the IT world.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much to say. Some good, some bad ... as everywhere.

Xerox - great start

LEO (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Pros+ Great place to start your career
    + Good work/life balance
    + Great team !
    + Good self-learning tools

Cons- No pay reviews,
    - Cuts everywhere,
    - Management not encouraging employees to stay

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your team, there are people here with potential - if you will not invest in them, someone else will.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

contractors' point of view

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some great ways to find out what's going on in the company - the internal website, for example. But generally there are a lot of meetings and seemingly endless bureaucracy to get anything done.

ConsThere have been so many layoffs, people who have remained are overworked, doing the work of several people. It's difficult to find out who is responsible for what.

Advice to Senior ManagementWeekly one on ones are great, but don't make promises that cannot be delivered (ex: saying you will be hired as FTE). When there is a downturn, contractors are the first to go.

intern review

Prosgood pay, intelligent staff, public recognition

Consbad work environment, unorganized management

Wow, What a ride!

Field Engineer (Former Employee) Webster, NY (US)

ProsAfter having worked for Xerox Corporation for 25 I truly loved the three Jobs I had. My Co workers and management always care about each customer and their issues and work to resolve each issue. for the last 14 years as a Field Engineer, I worked daily Hotline resolving Technical and Customer issues and really felt I was making a difference. As well as hotline I was responsible to performed Escalations through out North America to resolve tougher issues which required On Site diagnoses. Management allowed the freedom to formulate the right solution and take those action to get the Customer up and running. Xerox provided me the opportunity to return to RIT and to make a difference in the Xerox Community to assure diversity was achieved for all Employees.

ConsFor the last year I was Managed remotely by a Manager whom I saw once a year and my 50 to 60 hour work weeks were not Value Add.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the last few years it seemed Lay off and out-sourcing of very talented Employees became a fact of life and those left behind to perform the work of four to meet the Customer Requirements. I pry the Xerox will not IRIF, VRIF & Benchmark itself to follow KODAK's path.

Overall, solid jumping off point for new sales

ProsGreat training for new hires

ConsLess flexibility than expected in sales

CSR

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Greenock, Scotland (UK)

ProsFun colleges, interesting job. Challenging at times but in a good way. You get to do few different things.

ConsVery process driven, micro managing. Not very good chances to advance within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your employee's, give more space for personal growth.

Gave me chance when no one else would

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)

ProsI started during the annual enrollment period as project based and was hired full time. They offer full training of their systems and the core and client specifics for the job you'll be doing. The hours rotate which sometimes makes it difficult the schedule things in advance, but management is flexible with letting you change shifts with other employees. I feel you get what you put into the job. If you want to learn, you will. If you want to work, you work.

ConsYou are brought in as project based at one salary and seem to get stuck there no matter how many extra disciplines you learn. Then they bring new people on for the next annual enrollment period at a higher rate than what senior employees make. There were a lot of layoffs last year, which I hope won't be a trend. There is a policy that you can take 3 sick days for only one occurrence which people seem to abuse. You may take 1 sick day a year, which counts as an occurrence while another employee takes 3 days and still counts as 1 occurrence. what happened to "if you are out for 3 days, you need to bring a dr. note"?. Management does listen to their employees but I feel sometimes their hands are tied on what they can accomplish.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your most loyal employees. It's a little disheartening to find out someone considered to be a senior employee has only been there for 1 year. I've only met a handful of people who have been there longer than 3 years. Do you really save more money training all new people over and over again rather than support the ones with experience and reward them for the hard work they do for you? Please realize the ones who work hard because they are there because they want to be.

Project Manager

Project Manager (Current Employee) Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

ProsProvides option to work from home (Home office), skill soft courses are available upon the approval of the manager to access the virtual library (annual fee). Compensations: Medical insurance, grocery card bonus.

ConsNo career path, no hikes, no promotions to senior positions as these are reserved just for "on site" personnel.

Worked for Xerox? Contribute to the Community!