Xerox Reviews

2.4
1,863 Reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 115 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises in years, upper management gets richer while everyone else suffers (in 92 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance does not exist because you don't get any life to balance against work (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

Buck Consultants in transition

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Autonomous working environment where you can create your own opportunities.

Cons

You have to make your own opportunities. No formal mentoring process. No one is looking for how to help you succeed. Lack of resources on the West Coast across all practices. Investment in Principals who promise to bring in more client work, but they never do. Meanwhile, Director level and below works like dogs. Virtual working environment that lacks the systems and disciplines to support this model. Left alone to create new opportunities, but can be second-guessed. Business process systems cumbersome and a real mess sometimes. Lack of consistent bonus structure or meaningful professional development opportunities. Pressure to never say no. Typical to be expected to take on so many projects you work 70 to 80 hours a week for five or six months. Not sustainable. Constant back biting among leadership. Not professional. Disappointing behaviors.

I think Xerox management is recognizing business system weakness and is rolling out new initiatives to address the cumbersome business systems. Proof will be in the outcomes. Truly need to focus on career paths and formalized professional development. Need to define the vision for Buck. Need to create an environment where it is easier to define work loads so even up to the Director level people are not working 80 hours a week for half the year. These unrealistic expectations are why I am looking for a new employer after eight years. Every year it promises to get better, but it never does. Instead, the more you succeed, the more is expected of you.

Great experience and excellent people to work with!

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Wilsonville, OR (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Wilsonville, OR (US)

I worked at Xerox as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The people are fantastic, best group for knowledge and sharing of that knowledge anywhere. Super helpful and more than happy to help you help them and Xerox as a company. The technology is constantly evolving. The location in Wilsonville is central to all things on the Willamette.

Cons

The contract was too short, I really enjoyed working there and wished there had been an FTE position available. Hoping there comes one in the near future!

I was contract to Xerox, I enjoyed working there very much.

Nice place to work!

Former Employee - Recruiter in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great enviroment and values, great recruiting systems, very organized team.

Cons

Salaries really under the market.

This job is what you make of it.

Current Employee - Buck-Associate
    Current Employee - Buck-Associate

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Buck Consultants still tries to maintain it's culture in a post Xerox environment. Buck HR staff is the BEST there is. Local market leadership does value folks who work hard. Ability to work from home multiple days a week. Promotions, bonuses, and pay increases are there - I know because I have received all three this year. If you are willing to work hard the right people will take notice and make sure you are compensated.

Cons

Buck really did used to be a classy place to work. It is losing it's esteem in the marketplace. Since the Xerox takeover, Buck has been forced to squeeze into a box that doesn't really fit who we are and what we do. It feels like we are being forced to sell a canned product to our clients, where once we were allowed the freedom and creativity to find solutions for them. Buck has lost so many talented people over the last few years and with that, valuable clients. No budgets for employee events, so leadership pays out of their own pockets for any events which are usually only once a year in Dec. Cutting nominal expenses such as coffee and water service for the "worker bees" was a great way to slow down production and show them how under valued they are. The ridiculous amounts of $ they have spent trying to rebrand Buck would be better spent trying to retain the talent that made them money in the first place. Just sayin....

This is to UPPER management, the ones too high on the food chain to care about me or my work on a cellular level. Value the peeps that drive your revenue. Don't just say it in your 6 plank strategy. Did you think we didn't notice that you left us off of the first roll out of the "5 Plank Strategy" People have ALWAYS and WILL ALWAYS be the number one factor driving your bottom line.

Software Developer

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Xerox as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Technically challenging work but again depends on the team and the project. I've been lucky.
    Good opportunity to expand your horizon as a developer.
    Good projects and work environment in terms of colleagues.

Cons

As with any big organization, management sucks most of the times.
    Again depends on the group. I've been shuffled to multiple groups and have seen the best and worse.

Good developers are important for the quality of product.
    Don't try to go cheap of resources.

BIG Company

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Brand recognition, very well known

Cons

BIG lots of layers of management

Satisfied

I have been working at Xerox full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, not overly micromanaged.

Cons

Training could be stronger, could use overhaul.

Work on training methods for greater satisfaction.

Undepenable

Former Employee - Billing in El Paso, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Billing in El Paso, TX (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You could make money in bi-weekly bonuses.

Cons

When they were busy we had to work overtime, mandatory. When they were not busy the would send you home, so you wouldn't get even 30 or 40 hours.

Be consistent

Great People, paid training

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun and upbeat, great co-workers!

Cons

Base pay isnt that great, but chances of bonuses are a plus!

Trainers are great, management needs to remain available to all employees

Great place to work

Current Employee - SSE in Melville, NY (US)
    Current Employee - SSE in Melville, NY (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The tenure surrounding you helps the great people at Xerox help you be great. The people are friendly and always willing to help you with things you don't know how to do.

Cons

There aren't too many processes in place to help beginners complete most tasks. When it comes to most issues you're just asking around until someone takes ownership and will help you complete the tasks

Listen to your employees and do WAYYYYYYYY LESS outlook calls and go see the accounts with your SSE's.