Xerox

www.xerox.com
Employer Engaged

Work from Home not worth the price

Current Employee - ITO
    Current Employee - ITO

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The work from home policy is good.
    Vacation time is good, if you can actually take it
    Good tuition reimbursement

Cons

No raises now in 9 years. Promise of raise in 2015 to bring employees salaries up to company standards if employee is an exceptional worker. Translation = have to "exceed expectation" on everything in annual review. If you pass that criteria, you have to have a salary lower than company standards for your location. Was told that only 45 - 50% of employees will qualify. Due to the large number though, the expected raise would probably be only 2 or 3% at the most.
    No room for advancement
    Benefits are getting worse every year.

Don't promise something that you cannot or will not follow thru with.

Four years no pay increases for anyone 40% or more of senior management staff have turned over in last year.

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Started with some of the smartest people I have ever had the pleasure to work with. Good teamwork and collaboration

Cons

Need to improve employee relations almost everyone is looking elsewhere. Expect your position to be outsourced to a contractor or worse yet walk in and you now are a contractor.

If you don't want to be caught in the modern day "Office Space"-type job... this might not be for you.

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a job. The company is growing and there are many opportunities opening up all over the country.

Cons

I'm not one for the corporate hustle phony water-cooler mumbo jumbo. (Ever see the movie 'Office Space'?) This place was similar. The division of Xerox I worked for took over call center operations for Sprint. Xerox is venturing into so many different areas as a company. But what remains is the typical corporate office bs full of miserable, unmotivated, inside-the-box-thinkers.

Worse job ever

I worked at Xerox

Pros

They are always hiring

Cons

Poor training
    Treat you like a peon

Train your people

Treat workers with respects

Glorified staffing agency with shrinking markets

Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere/coworkers (if you're lucky). So much mediocrity in Services that it's easy to stand out.

Cons

Base pay 20-40% lower than equivalent positions at other companies, except for sales/execs. Absolutely unbelievable turnover rates - most employees are contractors/temps and treated like garbage - no benefits or sick days and can (and are) fired at will. Salaried positions are promised for years to people and never delivered, since there's been a semi official "hiring freeze" since 2009.

Ideal candidate is an unemployed recent grad desperate for a job and a meaningless title and who will put up with enormous responsibilities for pennies on the dollar.

Pay fair market wages, stop exploiting contractors, and promote high performers instead of freezing them in place. Stop complaining about personnel poaching if you don't want to do anything about it.

Welcome to the Hamster Wheel

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers are good
    Some position stability

Cons

Poor compensation
    Poor salary
    No raises
    Off Shoring of job
    Easier to get hired from outside (an outside hire will be offered more compensation for your same position) and internal promotions are a hassle
    Expectations are too high, they expect you to basically perform at a higher positions responsibilities and do not compensate accordingly
    Bonuses are dangled above peoples heads and the distribution is questionable
    Nepotism is rampant
    Departmental Organization is a mess
    Training is non-existent

Start treating employees as a valued resource instead of just equipment
    Stop hiding behind ACS as a excuse for poor compensation

Okay for a first job in customer service area but not more than for a year.

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Xerox as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment with very friendly and helpful colleagues and great team leaders. Relatively cheap canteen. No dress code. No one is hanging over your shoulder to keep track of what you're doing. Good bonus system.

Cons

Low salary, does go up little by little during the first 21 months but not all that much. HR department probably one of the worst I've ever encountered. The company couldn't care less about their employees, they never try to keep the knowledge the agents or even higher employees have hence the turnover is big. Promotions do happen after internal interviews but opportunities doesn't come around very often. No real benefits, no effort to make the employees feel they care about them, no christmas or summer parties, no christmas gifts, you won't squeeze anything extra at all out of this company, just the opposite, do they get a chance to cheat you out of something they will take it!

Show the employees that you care about them, raise the salaries.

Bad training experience

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst Tier I in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst Tier I in Raleigh, NC (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love technical support and working with new people

Cons

not being able to totally support the customer

Hire people who love the customer service experience and not because you need bodies

wrong direction

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tucson, AZ (US)

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

People are really great. PTO plan was good.

Cons

The company is going in the wrong direction. Customer relationships are being harmed and the new product is not going to succeed. President will not listen to anyone.

Value employees

Below Expectations

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Xerox provides the opportunity to work from home which allows me to see my children off to school and to be there when they come home.

Cons

We don't engage with our coworkers as we are all remote. Mediocre benefits, no salary increases, lack of growth opportunities.

Show the employees you value them, act on the feedback received from surveys, if increases are not feasible, provide something else-days off, lunch,etc.