Xerox Reviews

2.4
1,847 Reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 112 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises in years, upper management gets richer while everyone else suffers (in 116 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance does not exist because you don't get any life to balance against work (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

Treading Water

Current Employee - Service Program Manager
    Current Employee - Service Program Manager

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If the job requirements allow there is flexibility in schedule. They also support a bring your own device policy, and working from home when appropriate.

Cons

There is no real career growth and the benefits are minimum at best. The company is struggling to remake itself from the "Document Company" days and the feeling of treading water is obvious.

Senior Management cannot focus and implement strategies that drive real revenue growth. Instead there is just cutting expenses while ignore investments in innovation of breakthrough products and services.

Just An Unprofessional Atmosphere

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

I've met some nice people this far. Interviewer was very polite and down to earth and I felt like I was talking to an aunt. Facility is pretty and updated.

Cons

I've yet to work my first day and this place is so unprofessional Employees wear whatever they want, talk loud. Supervisors are never on time thus far. You can tell that they hire anyone with a pulse to fill a seat. It's just very unwelcoming. Company has a very HIGH turnover rate, and I'm starting to see why. I really need a job, but am wondering if I'm that desperate to feel undervalued and underpaid to be honest. I was looking forward to working here, but now I have my doubts as to both how I'll be treated and the reality of advancing in this job.

Working at a big name company and representing other big companies, people expect professional service. Employees should dress for success and behave like they're working for Xerox. Supervisors should be on time for prospective employees because everyone's time is valuable and should be respected as such. Communication for new hires should be effective and accurate. Help new employees feel like they were "carefully selected" and valued, not just someone who is expendable.

Xerox is a great place to work if you love micromanagement, long hours, and back stabbing people.

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Xerox had great product to sell. Their printers and digital presses are excellent machines. The base pay is generally very good. Most of the people that work at Xerox have been there for 20 or more years so there is a lot of experience to draw from. The sales training is exhaustive but very good. A great place to get trained and then find a better job.

Cons

Meetings, meetings, meetings, and more meetings. Outdated internal systems. Territories that make no sense! Xerox likes to sell great products at ridiculously inflated prices. Wanna pay cash? One price. Want to lease? a different price! Its extremely frustrating that customers can by the same Xerox products from several sources including agents and re-sellers. Ya that's right, you will be selling a product and an agent will show up and offer a cheaper price on the exact same product. Do you like to work all night to update their antiquated CRM system, to do proposals, and other work?. You have to because they don't leave you enough time to sell during the day because of MEETINGS!

Update your systems. Cut down on meetings. Make pricing that's understandable. reduce channels!

Good for whom who don't want to work.

Current Employee - Associate Systems Development in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Systems Development in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good for whom who don't want to work.
    Cool about login/logout time cos they have serious transport issue

Cons

You will become lazy, out dated, No Ex poser to new technology.

Hope less ... After ACS to Xerox is went worst.
    Cost cutting for there intensive... please stop and try to think about you team as human.

Machine Repair

Current Employee - Machine Repair in Rochester, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Machine Repair in Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are good on the floor, Xerox itself is very poor in comunication, no room to advance

Cons

Treated like a second class citizen, don't listen to a word you say eveny thought I have been doing it for 30 years

Comunication is the key to your future

Heavy Pressure- No Quality of Life

Current Employee - Sales and Solutions Executive in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales and Solutions Executive in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Nice co-workers that help in supporting each other... when not busy.. but everyone is so busy that you barely can talk to them.

Cons

Right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Unrealistic goals with intense pressure. Not enough technical support. Management too busy to deal with support

Consider life/work balance. Besides sales, there is ongoing intense training ,meetings, and an unrealistic demand for constant reports that takes one away from their prospecting/selling activities. Consider what is right for the client vs. trying to close deals at end of quarter to please stockholders.

It's been OK, but upper management does not walk the talk!

Current Employee - Controller in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Controller in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Dealing and working with many great and knowledgeable professionals all over the globe. Health Benefits and 401K matching are okay (not great, but not bad). The ability to work remote/from home are great! Apart from the compensation and upper management treatment of the employees, I like this company.

Cons

As a publicly-traded company, the pressure to cut cost has always been constant. This leads to many employees leaving the company and for those that stay have to accept more responsibilities, without the compensation adjustment. Upper management always works hard to improve and grow margin (which is understandable), so they can earn their bonus - unfortunately by not giving merit/inflation adjustment, promotion without salary increase, and laying off their employees. Very fast to talk about getting a job done, very slow (or never) to talk about compensation. This company does not appreciate their employees (even though, upper management often times talk about employees being their greatest asset). Sadly, you just have to find another job offer, before they will match the offer and increase your salary (if you still want to stay by that time).

Please pay more attention and appreciate your employees - even those outside of US. There is a good reason why turnovers are high. Start behaving like a Fortune 500 company and take care of your people. That will in turn, improve performance, productivity and client satisfaction - which means, more referral, more clients, and better bottom line.

Cult like

I have been working at Xerox

Pros

Very flexible with their employees

Cons

No raises in years, upper management gets richer while everyone else suffers

Not a great place

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at Xerox as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Schedules, OT, employees, clean, recognition

Cons

Pay, shift bid every 3 mos, sign out for bathroom breaks, req sales with low incentives, benefits the list goes on

Pay your employees more and get organized.

unsatisfactory

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Yukon, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Yukon, OK (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They did change to where the longer you work there, the higher your pay is, up to either 13 an hour.

Cons

It can be difficult to move up. even if you know your job and you're good at it, it's a popularity contest. so someone who's not qualified at all will move up while you're stuck where you started. You also have to deal with many customer's who like to yell at you or tell you how much they hate the company, or who want everything done for them right then and there.

promote people based on skill and not popularity