Xerox

1,911 Reviews

Xerox Chairman and CEO Ursula M. Burns
Ursula M. Burns
1,010 Ratings

Pros
  • Friendly working environment and work life balance should be the top most pros (in 115 reviews)

• Work from home; hoping for change now that they got rid of previous ACS-INC CEO (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises in years, upper management gets richer while everyone else suffers (in 92 reviews)

• Work-Life Balance does not exist because you don't get any life to balance against work (in 33 reviews)

More Highlights

This job is what you make of it.

Current Employee - Buck-Associate
    Current Employee - Buck-Associate

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Buck Consultants still tries to maintain it's culture in a post Xerox environment. Buck HR staff is the BEST there is. Local market leadership does value folks who work hard. Ability to work from home multiple days a week. Promotions, bonuses, and pay increases are there - I know because I have received all three this year. If you are willing to work hard the right people will take notice and make sure you are compensated.

Cons

Buck really did used to be a classy place to work. It is losing it's esteem in the marketplace. Since the Xerox takeover, Buck has been forced to squeeze into a box that doesn't really fit who we are and what we do. It feels like we are being forced to sell a canned product to our clients, where once we were allowed the freedom and creativity to find solutions for them. Buck has lost so many talented people over the last few years and with that, valuable clients. No budgets for employee events, so leadership pays out of their own pockets for any events which are usually only once a year in Dec. Cutting nominal expenses such as coffee and water service for the "worker bees" was a great way to slow down production and show them how under valued they are. The ridiculous amounts of $ they have spent trying to rebrand Buck would be better spent trying to retain the talent that made them money in the first place. Just sayin....

This is to UPPER management, the ones too high on the food chain to care about me or my work on a cellular level. Value the peeps that drive your revenue. Don't just say it in your 6 plank strategy. Did you think we didn't notice that you left us off of the first roll out of the "5 Plank Strategy" People have ALWAYS and WILL ALWAYS be the number one factor driving your bottom line.

Software Developer

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Xerox as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Technically challenging work but again depends on the team and the project. I've been lucky.
    Good opportunity to expand your horizon as a developer.
    Good projects and work environment in terms of colleagues.

Cons

As with any big organization, management sucks most of the times.
    Again depends on the group. I've been shuffled to multiple groups and have seen the best and worse.

Good developers are important for the quality of product.
    Don't try to go cheap of resources.

BIG Company

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Brand recognition, very well known

Cons

BIG lots of layers of management

Satisfied

I have been working at Xerox full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, not overly micromanaged.

Cons

Training could be stronger, could use overhaul.

Work on training methods for greater satisfaction.

Undepenable

Former Employee - Billing in El Paso, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Billing in El Paso, TX (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You could make money in bi-weekly bonuses.

Cons

When they were busy we had to work overtime, mandatory. When they were not busy the would send you home, so you wouldn't get even 30 or 40 hours.

Be consistent

Great People, paid training

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun and upbeat, great co-workers!

Cons

Base pay isnt that great, but chances of bonuses are a plus!

Trainers are great, management needs to remain available to all employees

This Job is what you make of it!

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Lacey, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Lacey, WA (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Unlimted overtime, full time job, set schedule, healthcare and other benefits, good coworkers.

This is a good job and something you can make a living off of. After training they are very understanding of when you need time off, so long as you are doing good they will let a lot slide. Also there is a lot you can move up and do however you will still have to take some calls. Around six months is what they look for, for folks wanted to get promoted.

Cons

Short staffed when it comes to supervisors, what you make is based off surveys and average call time.

This is a very draining job and the first few weeks after training are the hardest. That is when you will still be trying to find stuff and it might take while to locate things while you have a customer impatiently waiting on the phone. Also, not every call is bad and if you are nice to the customer they will be nice to you or at least try to be. However you will deal with some people that just can't be helped and will be very angry, if you want to do this job you need thick skin. If you can handle all that you should be good to go.

Please have more supervisors and floor support.

Acquiring companies in Health Information Management, Silo work environment.

Former Employee - Learning Product Manager in Tallahassee, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Learning Product Manager in Tallahassee, FL (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Strong brand support and growth orientation. Experienced large information services firm. I worked for a recently acquired small eLearning company where Xerox name attracted major new clients and imposed some new restrictions. Wellness benefits generous, overall benefits options good but rapidly eroding. No sign of Xerox executive influence in day to day operations outside of HR during my short tenure. Clients appreciated the high level of individual support.

Cons

Functional local managers trying to adapt to a matrix organization model is stressful. Xerox corporate HR policy and stated work-life goals were misstated or abused. My job description was very different from the actual duties as each manager envisions my role. Zero training, no documentation of software or organized online resources, and the office runs on email threads and tedious meeting minutes. Some office management turnover is planned with the continuing integration into evolving Xerox division (HIM services).

Use your own LCMS product to document processes, roles, policies, and organize training and support new hires.

Great place to work

Current Employee - SSE in Melville, NY (US)
    Current Employee - SSE in Melville, NY (US)

I have been working at Xerox full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The tenure surrounding you helps the great people at Xerox help you be great. The people are friendly and always willing to help you with things you don't know how to do.

Cons

There aren't too many processes in place to help beginners complete most tasks. When it comes to most issues you're just asking around until someone takes ownership and will help you complete the tasks

Listen to your employees and do WAYYYYYYYY LESS outlook calls and go see the accounts with your SSE's.

Great professional development

Former Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Xerox full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great sales training for senior con acts

Cons

Very corporate and professional environment

value employees more